+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Black Templars Strategium+++

I Honda, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete two Land Raider Crusaders (each with storm bolters, one with Blessed Armor) from the Black Templar codex of total value 575 points on or before August 15th.

My word is my honor and it shall not be disputed.

The holy instruments of Dorn, portrayed on the left and on the right shall adopt the livery of Sigismund.

gallery_15184_7227_25405.jpg

Hail and well met brothers!  I've finished my move and unpacked my things.  With a 5 week old daughter in the mix my time is tighter than ever but I will do my part in bringing the victory to our beloved chapter once more!!!

I, Brother Sellsword answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Land Raider Crusader and 1 Master of Sanctity in TDA for a total of 405 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q631/Reamon_Joseph/Snapbucket/A96A2CEF-orig_zps74ce4761.jpg

Nice to see the Old Guard returning! Honda and Brother Sellsword you're are both in! Good luck!

BTW, how are you going about it Honda, are you going to respray them and start anew? Or paint on top of them?

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Captain Semper, on 28 May 2013 - 09:18, said:

Nice to see the Old Guard returning! Honda and Brother Sellsword you're are both in! Good luck!

BTW, how are you going about it Honda, are you going to respray them and start anew? Or paint on top of them?

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Is painting on top of an already painted model permissible? If yes I should seriously reconsider repainting my LRC.

oreo, on 28 May 2013 - 04:21, said:

We are at a disadvantage here. DA has a new codex and BA has many named characters.

Come on brothers! Show some love for Grimaldas and Helbrecht!!!

We are not really in a disadvantage, or at least, we should not be! Our zeal should compensate for every other shortage! Brothers, please don't get discouraged. I'm probably failing some of my courses just to paint my 644 points ^^ Come on then! Muster your strength, display your resolve etc.

For the Emperor!

Vowing without models is risky ShottyScotty, but can be done. I myself am still without the Venerable Dreadnought I vowed. However, I know I will be able to acquire or convert this model soon. There is still a little time to be cautious, but if it looks like things are not going to make it in time place a small vow you know you will be able to complete. You could do that now if you would like, but remember there is limit on vows this year and it could limit a later vow if you plan on placing a full five vows.

Vows cannot be changed once made. They can be fine tuned (adding a plasma pistol here or a power sword there) or corrected ( if they contain a mistake) but not altered in any significant way.

So, although you can make a vow before your minis arrive (and post the "before" picture later) you will not be able to back out... Remember, you still have a couple of weeks before the doors close to new entrants... So you still have time.

Vows cannot be changed once made. They can be fine tuned (adding a plasma pistol here or a power sword there) or corrected ( if they contain a mistake) but not altered in any significant way.

So, although you can make a vow before your minis arrive (and post the "before" picture later) you will not be able to back out... Remember, you still have a couple of weeks before the doors close to new entrants... So you still have time.

Lol... And just because someone somewhere is crazy enough to try it, this is an example of an invalid 'Adjustment':   "when I said Castellan, I actually meant a Land Raider Crusader with all of the upgrades, 7 drop pods all full of Venerable Dreads... and 25 full 10-man Crusader units"  etc....  

We are at a disadvantage here. DA has a new codex and BA has many named characters. 

Come on brothers! Show some love for Grimaldas and Helbrecht!!!

I'd hardly consider that a disadvantage.  Our marines actually cost more than theirs.  Though, their Deathwing are like 4 points per model higher than our Terminators... Strength in numbers, gentlemen.  Go buy your FLGS out of Black Templar Upgrade Sprues and Tactcal Marine boxes! Everyone always needs more Initiates!! :D

In that case Captain Semper, may I exchange the CCW on the Command Squad Sergeant in exchange for a Power Sword and add 10 points to the Vow total...

I was actually wondering about this and the efiiciency of the Squad was being hampered by lack of Power Weapons...

@ Brother Darklight: When I said "mistake" I meant a factual mistake, an error - like vowing for a unit that is not allowed in an army or miscounting the points value... not a mistake of intention. Effectively what I want to avoid is people by-passing the 5-vow limit by altering their vows... So no (material) changes once the vow is made.

@ Marshal_Roujakis: Tha's fine. I'll change your vow upwards by 10pts and you edit your vow accordingly.

Great job brothers Templars! But we cannot afford to rest now. We need more participants, so come brothers! If only you have some unpainted models, join the brave 31 participants and show everyone that we still matter! Don't miss this great opportunity to take part in something momentous (and fun).whistlingW.gif

I, Marshal Magoon, answer the call of E Tenebrae Lux. I vow to complete:

Chaplain Grimaldus and relic bearing cenobytes

Reclusiam Command Squad:

Initiates w/bolters x4

Initiate w/Flamer

Initiate w/Plasma Cannon

Apothocary

Fighting Company Champion w/Power axe

Fighting Company Stadard Bearer

"Sergeant" w/ Auspex, Termie Honours, Power Fist

High Marshall Helbrecht

Command Squad:

Initiate w/bolter x5

Apothecary

Fighting company champion w/power axe

Master of Sanctity w/crozius 3 x cenobyte servitors

Neophyte Standard Bearer

Neophyte with bolt pistol and CCW x 4

"Sergeant" W/ Termi honours, Power fist, combi-melta

for a total points cost from Codex: Black Templars of 1072 on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until years end.

Insult note: I will be converting Dark Angels models from DV set for initiates w/bolters and plasma cannon.

BTW, how are you going about it Honda, are you going to respray them and start anew? Or paint on top of them?

Each will be completely repainted. I will use my standard technique of basecoat German Grey with a lighter Grey highlights, then detailing. If you look at my Crusade thread, you can see the re-work on the middle vehicle and my Vindicators.

There will be no doubt that they have been repainted. A Templar does not need to resort to tricks and sleight of hand in order to secure victory.

It is our zeal that is our secret weapon.

It's good to see the competition is still close, surprised to see Codex Chapters are making a lead though.

But in the end, it's not the amount pledged. It is the actual vow completed! So until the competition ends, we still do not know who the winner will be!

I have a question. I have a regular land raider (chaos LR tbh) and spare set of hurricane bolters from my first stormraven. I want to paint it as my second vow - another LRC, replacing lascannons and tl-bolters for stormraven assault cannons and hurricane bolters. Would it be legal?

Archived