+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Black Templars Strategium+++

Haven't been very active and this thread is losing momentum so thought I'd share a completed vow to liven things up.

Wedding vow complete! thumbsup.gif

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg543/Mystech1/Vows_zpsf2e46197.jpg

Now that this battle with chaos is over I can go back to painting models.

What do you think Captain, 2 points for the Crusader Seal? tongue.png

First off, congratulations for completing a vow of such significance! I think matching crusader seals is a nice touch. At my wedding, we displayed matching Batman rings. So may your vow bring you great joy and happiness through the years.

Secondly, it is good that we maintain our communications. The Angels of Darkness continue to sustain their momentum and it appears that a few large vows came in this week. That does not mean that we need to panic, as our vows are generally larger, that means it could take us longer to complete a vow. That being said, it is important that we continue supporting our brothers, especially those who have committed to a large vow. As the spread in vows and points is much tighter this year, we need a higher percentage of completed vows, as well as healthy numbers of follow on vows, recognizing that we will have less time available to us. The Angels of Darkness are using the same strategy we employed last year (of course, not executing it as well) and we know that works.

I've included a WIP shot of my current vow. I am making steady progress and anticipate being able to make at least one more vow. Although we have plenty of time to establish our position, we need to remember that we are in a different race this year.

Therefore brothers, check your stance, grip your sword, and release your zeal!

For Sigismund! For Dorn!

gallery_15184_7227_470230.jpg

eek.gif

I have a new found respect for the Sons of Dorn!!! Crusader Seals? Batman rings? And you can withstand "that look" from the wife-to-be? Wow...

Congratulations Mystech! A happy and prosperous life is ahead of you - not to mention you upkept the ETL tradition of marriages... :D As for the 2pts, I'm not sure, at this size it looks Apoc-only item to me... hahahaha!!!!

Now as Honda pointed out you are getting a bit behind. This is no a cause for alarm yet. You have indeed a larger average vow which means your completions should be coming in a bit later but having said that do not allow procrastination to settle in. We are fast approaching the mid-point of the ETL so it's not like you got tons of time - especially if you want to make meaningful second or subsequent vows...

I Longfang66 answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 TDA Marshal with power weapon, storm shield and adamantine mantle, Terminator Command squad of 5 Sword Brethren, 2 cyclone missile launchers and a storm shield for the Sergeant, and a Contemptor dreadnought with twin-linked las cannon, cyclone missile launcher and dreadnought close combat weapon with plasma blaster from Codex Black Templars and Imperial Armour Apoc. 2nd ed. of total value 690 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to The Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

I have a question. Whilst I am, slowly, working on my Crusader squad, I am looking at bits for other things I can paint for this challenge. How would you display the vet skill furious charge? Or, just don't put the point in for them on say a terminator assault squad or command squad? I'm guessing you'd have to though based on the rules, no?

Also, could I add crusader seals to my current crusader squad and add the points to it from 305 to 325 for this competition?

I believe if its not possible to represent it on the model (veteran skills, for example) then the points shouldn't count toward your vow. The vows your EC can take are another example of this I think. For some things like terminator honors though it is possible to paint/model something to represent it (Crux Terminatus), so if you include the points cost for that then you should have some representation of the upgrade on your model. 

Now... anyone know if I actually got that right? :p

@ longfang66: Well, some momentum at last. It's about time the BTs show some signs of activity, and longfang is showing the way! :tu:

@ Das Bee: you got it right! msn-wink.gif

Special rules that do not have a commonly accepted way to be represented do not count for the purposes of the ETL. So EC vows, tank hunters & furious charge, all psychic powers and sagas are just some examples that fall in that category.

This is actually adressed in the FAQ section of the rules.

Good news and bad news... sort of... 

Bad News (sort of): I'm going to be busy for the next while, my dad's going in for surgery* and the hectic nature of driving everywhere and such... still haven't found time to paint

*- which isn't necessarily a bad thing, the bad part is that you guys have to fight on without me for a short while longer.

Good news: Totally discovered that I have a fully assembled and non-painted Command Squad just layin' around for part of my second vow :D

We can do this, Brothers!  NO PITY! NO REMORSE! NO FEAR!!

Good news: Totally discovered that I have a fully assembled and non-painted Command Squad just layin' around for part of my second vow biggrin.png

I 'recruited' some of those watcher thingies to sneak in and leave that for you the other night. They've received their reward and, surprisingly enough, it turns out they taste like chicken.

Keep it up folks. The paddleum's sitting in it's charger and backup batteries are in the mail. tongue.png

If we keep this up we might win, but it'll be a close fight unlike last year, Im about to finish my first vow just need to do the LRCs and dreads

WE WILL MAKE IT TEMPLARS! WITH FAITH AND VENGEANCE! 

Both of my vehicles are done, and I've got 6 more Termies to go.

Also, might I note that my planned 5th vow has increased dramatically? yes.gif

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/276480-andhils-etl-ii-wip/?p=3401080

If I may ask, why so many small vows, instead of a larger one? Just curious, really, as with that fifth you'll lock yourself out from any potential additional models you might come by. Of course if you're sure you're not going to have anything more to paint in the remaining time, I guess it doesn't matter.

Me, I'm just hoping to finish this first big vow so I can vow some HQs, but these vehicles are such a major pain in the rear. Should've stuck with infantry.

Well, I did several small vows so that I wouldn't tire of the painting. It's happened before with both my BT and IG, if I had too much to do I couldn't bring myself round to doing it, so I had to split it into small bits.

I'm also very certain I'm not getting any other models. Also, they gave my 5 vows, so why not use them? wink.png

Absolutely - I'm getting intimidated by a large pipeline myself... Small manageable chunks are much better motivation for me - not to mention I can get them to the level I want. :)

A quick Question to Capt. Semper... since the 1st vow for me is nearing the completion rate (3000 pts. is not easy)

and because I'm planning a smaller 2nd vow I need to ask now...

where does the Land Raider Terminus Ultra stand?

It's a single model, and any Space Marine army could take it, but only the Apocalypse book (1st one) has rules for it...

could there be an exemption to the "Apoc. only rules", since its relatively just a Land Raider with 3 extra Lasconnons with no HB and no transport cap?

Can I use it for the 2nd vow?

Yes well, the Apoc-only rule is basically designed to keep super-heavies out... now given that this is just another type of LR (and one available to all for that matter) I see no problem. Go for it! :) And I look forward for you first completion too! :)

Well, I'd say yours is a unique look - stay with it! There is not much opportunity of variation in the BT scheme so yeah, if you're happy with that stick to it! ;)

So... are the BTs still in this competition? Or should we make an exception to the B&C rules and allow some Hrud to take their place? I hear they are a pretty committed bunch! :lol:

Once the 4th of July is over, I will really get into painting my first vow. I have 2 questions. 

1.) It's been ages since I played. So I can't give a HQ choice a Power Fist, Power Weapon, and Storm Shield because that counts as 3 single-handed weapons?

2.) How would someone, or what is the best way to, represent an Adamantine mantle on a figure?

Archived