+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Black Templars Strategium+++

I, Andhil have completed my 4th vow and brought further glory to the Black Templar chapter.

http://s696.photobucket.com/user/Elcundil/media/ETL%20II%20pictures/Vow4complete.jpg.html?sort=3&o=16

And I hereby answer the call of duty one final time.

I vow to finish:

1-Crusader squad, 10 Initiates, Power weapon, Meltagun, frag grenades

http://s696.photobucket.com/user/Elcundil/media/ETL%20II%20pictures/Vow5Crusaders1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=14

2-Crusader squad, 8 Initiates, Power weapon, Meltagun

http://s696.photobucket.com/user/Elcundil/media/ETL%20II%20pictures/Vow5Crusaders2.jpg.html?sort=3&o=13

3-Crusader squad, 6 Initiates, Power weapon, Meltagun

http://s696.photobucket.com/user/Elcundil/media/ETL%20II%20pictures/Vow5Crusaders3.jpg.html?sort=3&o=12

4-Assault marines, 5 Initiates, Krak grenades

http://s696.photobucket.com/user/Elcundil/media/ETL%20II%20pictures/Vow5assaultmarines.jpg.html?sort=3&o=15

And, depending on the outcome of my Penance vow, a Stormtalon with a Typhoon missile launcher.

http://s696.photobucket.com/user/Elcundil/media/ETL%20II%20pictures/Vow5Talon.jpg.html?sort=3&o=11

This works out to a total of: 569pts, or 714pts, with the Talon.

Brothers! This is the last effort I can make, after this, it is all up to you. Know that I have faith in your zealous determination, and I am certain you will not fail our noble Chapter. Victory is ours for the taking! For Sigismund, Dorn and the Emperor!

Brother Metic, congratulations of finishing your first vow, and good luck on your second! thumbsup.gif

EDIT: I checked and it appears I am the first to complete a 4th vow. Glory to the Templars! woot.gif

@ Metic - well done mate! I checked out your log and everything in there looks great - big fan of your Techmarine!!! For easy reference, could you edit in a link to your WIP thread in your completion post?

@ Andhil: Glory to the Templars indeed! You're the first 5th vow in the ETL II. I'll just count the 569 for now but will be happy to increase it to 714 when/if the time comes!

It's unfortunate that the doors for new entrants is closed... I'm sure this development with Apocalypse would have brought us some heavy new vows from some heroic new faces.

I, also, nominate Brother Andhil as the Emperor's Champion of the ETLII Crusade!  

The Forum Champion will be the one who paints the most points per forum. Just like last year. ;)

The Custos Fidei badge will have a distinction depicting how many vows one has completed. Just like last year. :D

Apocalypse only units are still not allowed. However the fortifications (I'm told) have rules for usage in the 40k context. So these can be used... Other than that, what sort of new stuff do you have in mind? The Masters of the Chapter can still be entered as Captains (or equivalent)...

It's unfortunate that the doors for new entrants is closed... I'm sure this development with Apocalypse would have brought us some heavy new vows from some heroic new faces.

I, also, nominate Brother Andhil as the Emperor's Champion of the ETLII Crusade!  

I agree with this nomination otherwise he should be named as the Master of the Vanguard of this crusade

Forum Champion=/= Emperor's Champion. cool.png

On that topic, Brothers Darklight and redmapa, you honor me with your words, I am truly proud to stand beside you, both veterans of the previous ETL and serve our most righteous cause. smile.png

Imperator Vult!

Absolutely - my bad for misreading that! blush.png

I was going to forgive you, but that would have taken away your chapters nickname wouldn't it? wink.png

Not only that, but we also have no pity and no remorse.

And yet I thought zeal was your defining feature. Now let's see...

You're behind:

1) Chaos,

2) BAs

3) Codex

4) DAs (of course)

Are you going to do something about that? In almost 24hrs there will be the weekly update - I wouldn't like to be the one to show it to the High Marshal if I were you... whistlingW.gif Bear in mind that we have crossed the mid-point of the event.

Pfff, that's all a front, we're kindly giving you a headstart, which will make our final victory seem even more heroic. tongue.png

That being said, we don't really get much activity anymore. Not everyone posts updates to share their progress, which could be good, if some people unexpectedly pop up with completions, but honestly, I'd like to see more updates, just to get a feel about how we're doing. confused.gif

Either way, I'm making good progress on my vow, I'm about halfway to finishing one of the Crusader squads, which is better than I had planned for a single day. biggrin.png

Well, there's nothing left for me to do than lead by example. All hands to paint stations! Imperator Vult!

Yeah... I'm going a lot slower than I would've hoped - the first month having no progress at all wasn't so nice either, damned lack of sprays - but it looks like I'm not the only one, given the very low amount of completions for the chapter.

If I could just get this vehicle-heavy vow done, I'd have a fairly easy (lotsa HQs) 1400 points lined up for vow 2 (or maybe broken into 2 smaller vows). I HAVE to get at least the current one plus those done, otherwise I have to give myself a paddlin'.

i have one squad left to finish on my first vow, and five of those guys just need highlights and white. however, I've been super busy with work (wake up, go to work, go to sleep, wake up, go to work). And now it's effing 90 degrees (F) and the lamp i use to paint gives off a ton of heat of its own. I really did plan on painting a BUTTLOAD of men for this, but sadly it doesn't seem to working that way for me =(

I've been busy, sadly, on the home front . I have also been doing prep work. I'm hoping by the end of the weekend to be able to post pics of my progress, after major work on the squad.. I took 2 pics already- one of all the pieces laid out base coated. The second, of the bases I have prepared for the crusader squad.

I'm aiming to have my first vow complete in time for the ninth weekly update. I don't think there's any way I could do it in a week without going from poor to atrocious in terms of quality! But in general, let's try to up the completion rate, brothers!

I'm guessing I need 2-3 weeks max. Not that that matters much as I'm on my last one. But I need to make sure I don't slack off and miss the final deadline, that'd be awkward. I just gotta stop myself from starting the Talon now. The Vow comes first. confused.gif

I'm about finished with my second vow, which will be followed by a third not too far behind. The fourth will be a squeeze, but is definitely possible.

Need I remind everyone that "men* in skirts" are currently in the lead.

*Whether or not they are really men is being debated in the Reclusiam

Archived