+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Dark Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

HOOO YAH - There are some vows I can get behind! -  Once you get past the first model or two it's really easy to get a decent scheme quickly.  

Best of luck boys!

Paul

Hey, I'm still pretty new here, do I state my vow here or make my own thread post? I ask because It seems people are doing both.

Also, I already completed my first vow, but I have "before" and "after" pictures of the models if that helps. Like I said I'm new and didn't know you where doing something like this. If its too late for those models to count I have plenty more models to do anyways.

Hi Adper, welcome to the ETL and the B&C!!!

As far as the ETL goes here's how it works: You need to make a vow here in order to be valid. You must start work on your miniatures AFTER you place your vow and show us a "before" pic. Once you're done you must provide a pic of your completed vow and then you can vow again up to five times in total (including your first vow). Take a look at the rules and I think a lot of your questions will be answered (there is a link in the first page of this thread). Your "before" and "after' pics can be posted here and/or in your WIP thread if you want to make one (you don't have to if you don't want to).

I'm taking your first vow in - good luck!

Company veterans came in the mail today.

http://i.imgur.com/3alFM6b.jpg

Spent the next couple of hours assembling them. Will update my original pledge with this. Might even start an ETL progress thread just because having only gotten into the modeling side of things a month ago there's so much you guys can teach me ohmy.png.

Keep in mind that you cannot alter yuor vow after you've made it (unless it's something minor like a plasma pistol here or a power sword there). You must finish your exisiting one and then make a new one if you want.

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Brother Artemid answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

One Deathwing Terminator Squad with one Assault Cannon and one Chainfist, for 240 points, on or before August 15th.

Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels Chapter and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end!

I may well add a Templar vow (though.. in my Successor colors probably!) after I see how this goes!

http://i.imgur.com/sIS8aKk.jpg?1

Great performance brothers. Now with Artemid's vow we have 48 participants - more than any other faction! But the Codex is close behind and the Wolves - although far behind they have huge momentum... And we certainly don't want to let Chaos come any closer... So let's see more honoured Masters join the ranks of the Unforgiven effort in this ETL!

WIP update

Vow 2 status: figures are assembled and ready for painting.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa216/cod_lover/DW_cmd.jpg

DW Command

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa216/cod_lover/DW_knd.jpg

DW Knights

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa216/cod_lover/DW_1d.jpg

DW Squad 1

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa216/cod_lover/DW-2d.jpg

DW Squad 2

Note: DW squad 2 has chainaxes to represent chainfists. Also the Sgt has a power sword but I magnetized the arm, so one day if we get an updated faq I can swap it back for a power maul.

Also, I have cut myself several times assembling these guys, scraping mold lines etc, but super glue also stems the blood flow tongue.png

Good luck to everyone painting, seeing your work also keeps me going, but I cannot remain complacent now!

I, Brother_Vaas, do solemnly swear to complete the following vow for E Tenebrae Lux II, under the Dark Angels forum for the Marauders Chapter 

HQ: Librarian - 65 pts

Elite: Deathwing Terminator Squad - 245 pts
Chainfist, Assault Cannon

Elite: Dreadnought - 130 pts
Assault Cannon, Heavy Flamer

Troops: Tactical Squad - 95 pts
Missile Launcher + Flakk Missiles

Troops: Tactical Squad - 95 pts
Missile Launcher + Flakk Missiles

Fast Attack: Ravenwing Attack Squadron - 90 pts
Meltagun x1

Fast Attack: Ravenwing Support Squadron - 75 pts
Typhoon Missile Launcher 

Heavy Support: Devastator Squad - 120 pts
Heavy Bolter x2, Plasma Cannon x2

Heavy Support: Land Raider Crusader - 260 pts
Multi-melta

Totalling 1175 pts

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/ratvan85/2013-06-01134138_zps0bedf37a.jpg

@ Aradiel: Real life can be a pain at times! I wish you a quick and full recovery (must have been nasty)... So get well soon! yes.gif

painfull and nasty? i would say quite a bit sweat.gif

my finger got cought in a machine, an all the skin and soft tissues were ripped clean off. all that was left was the bones and fortunatly the tendons as well, otherwise the doctors would just have simply amputated the finger. as it is im spendind 3 weeks with the finger inside my abdomen to allow the tissues to regrow (thus no painting at all, im basicly one armed now), then its more surgery to re-skin the finger and well, lets see how it goes.

@Pbenner: well as it is the cork trick its not possibe as i can not use my right hand (well arm actually as im all bandaged) at all, and painting with the left hand? trust me you would not like the resultswhistling.gif

since its until august i might stll get it done. i had the impression that it ended soonerermm.gif

for the Emperor and the Lion

glory to the First

Glory to the First brother...

I had my right hand thumb tendon and nerves cut back in 2009... Painful and shocking as it was (and feeling in the thumb has not been restored) I painted my entire Consecrators and DoCs since - so this is for all intents and purposes 100% recovery. You should expect something similar.

Hang in there! :tu:

Vow 1 Complete!

5Man Terminator squad  (245pts) - Chain Fist, Assault Cannon

5Man Tactical Squad (110pts) - Vet. Sergeant, Plasma Gun, Missile Launcher

Total: 355pts

@Captain Semper,  I realize now that my 5man tactical squad is not considered "legal" buy the rules.  Can you deduct 15 point for the Plasma Gun or Missile Launcher, or perhaps disqualify it all together?  This squad was intended to join the 5man tactical I got in the painting starter set that I already completed.  I figured I would try and include it in the ETL since I was painting it anyways, whatever you decide on the ruling Captain I am fine with.

I'm not expecting to wow anyone with these results, they are pretty basic with just some shading...

http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r751/Stalle30/ETL/Vow102Finished_zps71365b7a.jpg?t=1376529322

Second Vow to come...

@ Brother Vaas: Welcome to the ETL brother - and with a hefty vow too! Good luck!

@ Adper: Congrats on your completion! Metal DW termies are always a pleasure to look at!  I'm deducting your 15pts and otherwise your vow is fine! :tu: Refill?

I, exsulis answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a 5 man tact squad, and a vindicator from Codex Dark Angels V5.0 for a total value of 200 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring Glory to the Pueri Ex Deus Chapter and the Dark Angel Legion and failure will force upon me the Badge of Shame until the end of the year.

This is Vow number One (1).

gallery_28435_8546_27575.jpg

gallery_28435_8546_40466.jpg

Took me long enough to link these from my gallery

and vow complete, and photos uploaded to my gallery :D

gallery_28435_8546_426580.jpg

The extra 6 tactical squad members are part of my hidden agenda vow to myself :D

@ Adper: those look fantastic! Even if they are done simply, I think they have a good uniform look to them - something I'm quite fond of. Your work looks really clean and neat!

@ Aradiel: THAT SOUNDS PAINFUL! (And a little bit gross...)

I hope you'll mend well - always surprises me today's marvel of medicinal science: nearly losing the sight in my eyes, doctors suggested I work on ultra close work such as embroidery or miniature painting. I've regained almost all of my eyesight now at the cost of wearing beer bottle glasses - but I can see and THAT's the important thing!

All the best: hope you'll take it easy and not stress out too much.

(I'm sure most of us will stand in for you until you can come back!)

Terminators on 25mm bases always make me giggle - they look so HUGE lol.  They do look good.  I feel that uniformity really ties an Army Together, even small amounts of it, but when you have 25-35 terminators all painted to the same standard on the table, they look really impressive.  

Best,

Paul

Vow 2

Command Squad (225pts) - Banner of Devastation, Company Champion, Apothecary, 3x combi-weapons

Dreadnought (150pts) - TL Lasscannon, Venerable

Rhino (45pts) - Hunter-killer Missile

Ezekiel (145pts)

Total: 565

@Captain Semper:  I need your fine Judgement once again because I want to keep things fair.  My dreadnought is old school and doesn't look like the current venerable dreadnoughts that GW sells.  But I gave him the added point cost because that's how I will be playing him, and I will be painting him in the Deathwing colors to represent it as a Deathwing vehicle. 

@Biggbertha: Thanks, I do enjoy the simplicity of them as well.

@Pbenner: Thank, there where kind of a "test" paint to work out the colors and get a feel for how I wanted to paint future DW since they are less detailed and complicated then the newer DW terminators.  I think eventually I will have to replace their bases.

http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r751/Stalle30/ETL/Vow201Start_zps3fd7e267.jpg?t=1376529246

http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r751/Stalle30/ETL/Vow202Start_zps20f48743.jpg?t=1376529295

Will add the other pictures later, I have Ezekiel primed and ready to go, waiting on my local store to get the command squad in.

@ exsulis81: Welcome to the ETL! join forces with the other honoured Masters of the First Legion - Good luck brother!

@ adper: all good. Painting a Dread bone white is an automatic pass! The more you decorate it the better! Go right ahead sir!

GLORY TO THE FIRST!

Check out the new cover art (p.1) courtesy by none other than the Grand Master himself - The Shadow Guard!

@Adper - The "newer" Terminators in plastic do have a LITTLE more detail, but all and all, if you paint them as well as you painted those, you'll be doing just fine - They're only SLIGHTLY larger, and obviously you have an eye for detail, so keep it up.   They've modified the rules again from being "Legal with the base it came with" to "Legal with the current base size the model has as sold now" - You can play your metal, but they have to be on 40mm bases.  No worries though, they're cheap - I got 30 new bases for like $14USD on ebay - They're not GW bases, but close enough that no one will bitch.  

Yeah that's a nice project, I wish I could make a vow with the fortress but mine was too far advanced to do so... :/

I've started with a green robe/metal wings scheme but I found it wouldn't fit. With this size, a colorfoul sculpture is looking much more like a toy.

So 2 after 2 sprays of army painter it looked like that 

I am worried about using metallic paints on this portion. I may keep it non-metallic so that I looks like a the banners.

I know it is not a lot of points. Hopefully I'll knock it out so I can vow a vehicle or unit worth more points. The units I want to paint are not in the codex.

I, Lord Jimmy Rajden answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete four five man terminator squads, a company-master, interrogator-chaplain, techmarine and librarian from Dark Angels current codex of a total estimated value of 1800 pts on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Exact data on units load out nearing completion.

Archived