+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Dark Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

Good news, kinda.....I can at least now guarantee my 1st vow as I have two weeks holidays to coincide with the last two weeks of the ETL. Wether or not I can squeeze in any subsequent vows is the question. It'll probably come down to small single or double figure vows. Either way it's great the see the Unforgiven in such a good position this year.

Cheers,

Jono

Something more to shout about:

Vow 2 complete!

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii324/facmanpob/Miniatures/Space%20Marines/1st%20Company/1B5AEF73-2C2C-4B8F-9DD9-7A4F1C35280C-6351-000006F714F23A35_zps81198f09.jpg

Quick photo from my phone, more detailed pics to come in my GotC thread

Vow 3

I, facmanpob, having drunk 2 glasses of Rosé whilst watching Brazil vs Mexico on the tele, do hereby vow a Librarian on a bike and 3 man Ravenwing attack squadron, totalling 165 points, for the honour and glory of the Dark Angels and their successors! Etc etc....

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii324/facmanpob/Miniatures/works%20in%20progress/5C1DC9E4-4306-4A39-AD5B-4B542F43A1A5-6351-000006F769018D9F_zps9184a816.jpg

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii324/facmanpob/Miniatures/works%20in%20progress/5D07DAD3-C701-49FC-94D6-B58070E7A192-6351-000006F7703C1203_zpsa4ec8e7b.jpg

I, facmanpob, having drunk 2 glasses of Rosé whilst watching Brazil vs Mexico on the tele, do hereby vow a Librarian on a bike and 3 man Ravenwing attack squadron, totalling 165 points, for the honour and glory of the Dark Angels and their successors! Etc etc....

Seems that we have the same agenda bar I chose beer over rosé (though having 2 bottles in my fridge ready to share)... whistlingW.gif

Seems that we have the same agenda bar I chose beer over rosé (though having 2 bottles in my fridge ready to share)... :whistling: 

I ran out of beer yesterday! :)

Well done facmanpob! You have joined the 3 vow club - one of the five so far.

Guys I cannot stress enough how important it is to complete your first vow early. Personally, I'll try to complete it in the next weekend - (it's a long weekend in Greece). We must secure some points fast and free ourselves to re-vow thus benefit from the multiplier effect. We don't even have to make huge vows, as our superior numbers make up for it.

Again well done facmanpob! Awesome work! :tU:

I think that I shall start out small for my first vow.

I Stormtrooper-VII answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Devastator squad from Codex: Dark Angels of total value of 130 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the First Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end. 

(I am sorry the picture is a little small.)

Guys I cannot stress enough how important it is to complete your first vow early. Personally, I'll try to complete it in the next weekend - (it's a long weekend in Greece). We must secure some points fast and free ourselves to re-vow thus benefit from the multiplier effect. We don't even have to make huge vows, as our superior numbers make up for it.

Again well done facmanpob! Awesome work! thumbsup.gif

I should have my first vow finished this weekend with 2nd vow already planned, I really think I should have split my 1st vow up a little

Again well done facmanpob! Awesome work! thumbsup.gif

Well, completing my 2nd vow took me over the total number of points I did in the whole competition last year, and this small 3rd vow will take me up to 1000 points. I hope to get this vow done by the end of June, leaving July open for a bigger vow of some Black Knights! :)

@ Stormtrooper-VII: Welcome to the ETL. Unfortunately the doors to new participants are closed since June 15... However you can still participate as an out-of-competition entry. Let me explain how this works:

1. Your total points will not count to the DAs faction total.

2. You can wear the "Oath of Momement" banner for the duration of the event

3. You will be eligible for the "Custos Fidei" banner if you make it on Aug 15th or the dreaded "Oathbreaker" banner if you fail. You will also be eligible for the badge of the Artisan.

4. You'll be allowed to post pictures in the ETL threads and participate normally. Your progress (including additional vows) will be recorded in the list as out-of-competion entries.

So if you're after some motivation to do some serious painting this summer it's still there!

@ facmanpob: sounds awesome! Let's put the fear into the hearts of our rivals - and I can't think of anyone better for this task than the Black Knights...

@ Liberame: Wow brother! This is what i'm talking about! No procrastination, just do the Lion's cause! Now you managed to complete your hefty vow in a very silent week for our rivals and still leaves you plenty of time to vow again - should you so wish!!!

FOR THE GLORY OF THE FIRST!!! :devil:

Honoured Brothers of the 1st Legion

Vow 1 Complete (apologies for the poor picture currently having a storm)

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/ratvan85/2013-06-22134724_zps1c321d8b.jpg

Would love to see a close up of the "normal" squadron and attack bike Liberame. I found your thread and saw the characters and have to say I'm well impressed. Especially seeing the short amount of time you needed for all this and still having time to volunteer.

Very well organised me thinks, like a true son of the lion teehee.gif

Heresy, yellow Dark Angels laugh.png

Joking aside, well done Brother_Vaas, the Land Raider especially looks very neat from what I can see!

Thanks my loyalty is to the DA Codex but is a home Brew Chapter I feel it fits (Decent Chaplains, Salvo Firing Bolters and Cheap Typhoons)

I'll repost the picture and get some ore in my WIP thread once the weather improves and I have finished preparing my 2nd vow when the transports finally arrive

Heresy, yellow Dark Angels laugh.png

Joking aside, well done Brother_Vaas, the Land Raider especially looks very neat from what I can see!

Thanks my loyalty is to the DA Codex but is a home Brew Chapter I feel it fits (Decent Chaplains, Salvo Firing Bolters and Cheap Typhoons)

I'll repost the picture and get some ore in my WIP thread once the weather improves and I have finished preparing my 2nd vow when the transports finally arrive

That's the right answer, I'll tell the chaplains to stand down againtongue.png

And I'll be sure to check out your thread, to see them in more detail!

Yes, tell the Chaplains to stand down - the Master of Recruits will get this one. :D

Congratulations Brother Vaas! I consider yellow one of the most difficult colours to work with - so much respect to you for tackling it and with some large items no less... :tu:

I'm really excited by the DA performance so far this year - a complete opposite of last year's veeery slow start! Now we have some hefty vows finishing early, not only securing some precious points, but also allowing our driven brother to re-vow should they so wish!

Archived