+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Dark Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

Yessssssss!!! Arkely is moving to intercept! good to see you joining the fray in earnest brother! :tu: Your red DAs are as glamorous as ever! :D

Let's keep the pace guys - we need to get some safe distance between us and our immediate rivals! :tu:

Vow 2: I, Brother_Vaas, do solemnly swear to complete the following vow for E Tenebrae Lux II, under the Dark Angels forum for the Skull Bearers Chapter totalling 1003 points

HQ: Belial - 190 pts

Elite: 10 Company Veterans - 230 pts
Lightning Claws (pair), Flamer, Plasma gun

Troops: Deathwing Terminator Squad - 245 pts
Chainfist, Assault Cannon

Troops: 5 Scouts - 60 pts
Bolt Pistols & CCW

Troops: 5 Scouts - 60 pts
Shotguns

Troops: 5 Scouts - 68 pts
Bolters & Heavy Bolter

Heavy Support: Devastator Squad - 150 pts
Lascannon x4

I figured I may as well paint everything that I own into one large collection, since I now want to collect and paint an entirely different (yellow) chapter after painting the Dreadnought and Deathwing....

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/ratvan85/2013-06-23094736_zpsceb29b46.jpg

I just thought I would take a moment to share this with you guys, but if any of you have an Xbox 360, they've got this free arcade game you can DL called "happy wars" it's pretty cool.

They've actualy got a number of helmets that are very dark angelish. I'm sure some of you would find it to be inspirational

I Deadboytat2 answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Tactical Squad and One dreadnought from Codex Dark angels of total value 405pts on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to The Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

One twin link las with heavy flamer dread 

ten man tactical squad with melta and missile launcher with flak missiles sarge with plasma pistol In a razor back with twin linked las and a dozer blade

Before 

1044838_612622352083103_267047711_n.jpg

1016585_612622332083105_1355573563_n.jpg

Vow 2 Freshly complete :D

med_gallery_39897_5762_1332838.jpg

So freshly that the Decal Fix is still wet :lol:

Now onto the next...

I Razblood answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX II and vow to complete 1x Deathwing Squad with Heavy Flamer from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 230pts on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to The Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

And here is the preliminary pic -

med_gallery_39897_5762_1219630.jpg

They are actually converted Terminators from 2nd Ed. Space Hulk (the twisty-waisted ons :lol: ) with a lot of GS.

@ Brother Vaas: Wow - a mega vow after a mega vow! Ambitious, sir - very ambitious! Good luck! :D

@ deadboyat2: I missed your previous completion! So a late congratulations for you and good luck with your follow up! When you're done, please report your completion through a new post (not just by editing your vow post) so I can get a heads up and updated the list accordingly. msn-wink.gif

@ Razblood: Well done on your second completion! And now you're in the club of the 3 times vowers! Good luck! thumbsup.gif

@ Brother Vaas: Wow - a mega vow after a mega vow! Ambitious, sir - very ambitious! Good luck! biggrin.png

Well if the 1st Legion should fail in teh quest it won't be from lack of Successor Support (even if it is only an alleged successor chapter)

Stunning!  I must ask, how do you get the fine shading on the wings of the bikes?  Is this a blue wash with a white drybrush over the top?

Here is a close up for you

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Yongshigi/IMAG0479.jpg

If you check my WIP thread, you will see the wings as pure white at first, I achieved this by first doing 3-4 layers of glacial blue until it was solid, then 3-4 layers of deadwhite until it was all white. After that I applied a satin varnish and applied a cerulean blue oil wash. Wiped clean with clean mineral spirits on a qtip and voila, done! 

/edit and now that I am looking at this picture, I see I will have to clean up the blue from around the gold some more. Guess I wasn't as thorough as I thought I was.

Right now we got one Templar who has completed his 3rd vow but has not vowed for a 4th time yet. Also in the DA context we have six partiicpants already working on their 3rd vow but no completions so far.

Stunning!  I must ask, how do you get the fine shading on the wings of the bikes?  Is this a blue wash with a white drybrush over the top?

Here is a close up for you

If you check my WIP thread, you will see the wings as pure white at first, I achieved this by first doing 3-4 layers of glacial blue until it was solid, then 3-4 layers of deadwhite until it was all white. After that I applied a satin varnish and applied a cerulean blue oil wash. Wiped clean with clean mineral spirits on a qtip and voila, done! 

/edit and now that I am looking at this picture, I see I will have to clean up the blue from around the gold some more. Guess I wasn't as thorough as I thought I was.

Thank you! :)  I shall aspire to this level of detail painting..   They look great!

After some furious painting I would like to report completion on my third vow of 1x Deathwing Terminator Squad w/ Heavy Flamer at a value of 230pts.

Here's the pics to prove it.

med_gallery_39897_5762_699978.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_441682.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_85950.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_648778.jpg

They aren't perfect but I'm happy to call them done.

Which leads me to what's next......

I Razblood answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX II and vow to complete 1x Librarian with Displacer Field from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 120pts on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to The Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Here's the prelim pic

med_gallery_39897_5762_201380.jpg

Think I'll take a break for a few days before starting him as I'm feeling a bit burnt out after the DW squad, but I will return with a completion soon and possibly even a 5th vow msn-wink.gif

Well done Razblood you are an inspiration to the rest of us! By all means take a breather and return when the batteries are re-charged. But keep in mind, if you fail one vow ALL previous ones will count for nothing and will be nullified! So make sure you do not burn yourself out because sometimes, even a single mini looks like a mammoth task... ;)

Lord high supreme commander master of recruits and sacred high consecrator captain Sempter I am glad to report that as of this morning I have just 5 terminators left and they just need line highlighting and vow 3 will be complete by the end of this weekend. If I fail in this humble task I request permission to be banished to cell 42 for cleansing!

Vow 3 complete!

Family photo.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/jeremy1391/7C1F4FB2-EA56-4F86-B1B9-13FA3AAB5B0C-1848-0000019CCEDCFD7F_zps643f5a40.jpg

Master with terminator armor and perfidious relic140

Interrogator chaplain with plasma pistol 125

Terminator command squad with cyclone missile launcher and deathwing banner 290

Terminator squad with cyclone 245

Terminator squad with plasma cannon, thunder hammer 240

Ravenwing attack squad with melta bombs on the sergeant and plasma gun100

Total 1140

More pictures will be in my thread.

Edited to reflect proper points

Great stuff fellow Consecrator! ;) Your status is updated and the DAs a step closer to their rightful place: Primus Inter Pares! :) A couple of things though: In the listing above you have the Int. Chaplain at 124pts and it should be 125 (otherwise it adds up to 1,149 :o) and in your original vow you claimed 1,140pts - not 1,150. So if you can edit both it'll be great.

Will you continuing? Only if you are confident though, remember that if you fail one vow you fail all!

I, Ancient Cerroneth, Venerable Dreadnought of Painting, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and announce the completion of my second vow.

gallery_68827_7850_352610.jpg

I, Ancient Cerroneth, Venerable Dreadnought of Painting, now make a third vow.

A Master of the Company in Terminator Armor, with a storm Bolter, the Monster Slayer of Caliban, and a perfidious Relic of the Unforgiven, for 190 points.

gallery_68827_7850_3040377.jpg

A five man Deathwing Terminator Squad with a Cyclone Missile launcher and a Chain fist, for 250 points.

gallery_68827_7850_1490455.jpg

And a Venerable Dreadnought with a Twin-linked Lascannon and a Heavy Flamer for 160 points.

gallery_68827_7850_2156256.jpg

For a total of 600 points.

Wow! Ven Dread Cerroneth you really out for blood aren't you? Well good luck mate - you got a lot on your hands now!

It's great to see people completing second and third vows - this is what will give us the edge. However, voctory will only be guaranteed if we achieve a high completion rate on first vows. So let's see some first vows completions guys - the competition is waking up and things might turn around even within a single week!

Archived