+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Dark Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

Dark Angels, a few little tips for you.... Putting your paints by the radiator or heater really makes them flow better. Also super glue only takes 3 seconds to dry so don't worry about painting over it straight away with your precious brushes. Finally trapping your fingers in car doors really helps to steady your hands, allowing for much better painting results.

You don't need to thank me for these tips as we all fight for the Emperor right?

Dark Angels, a few little tips for you.... Putting your paints by the radiator or heater really makes them flow better. Also super glue only takes 3 seconds to dry so don't worry about painting over it straight away with your precious brushes. Finally trapping your fingers in car doors really helps to steady your hands, allowing for much better painting results.

You don't need to thank me for these tips as we all fight for the Emperor right?

Can't believe these tips aren't in How to Paint Citadel Miniatures! I shall immediately go home, trap my hands in the radiator and superglue all my paints to the car door......that was correct, wasn't it?

i already have the finger part covered.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h222/caalsigo/motivation%20posters/P1010022_zpsed297c07.jpg

however i dont have a radiatorermm.gif can i just leave the paint pots open in the sun?

still, i find the glue part interesting, that would certainly speed up the process thumbsup.gif

OK guys - back on topic... msn-wink.gif

We're sure leading the way here, but we need more first vows done! C'mon guys - the heroes of repeated completions will not win this on their own. The Codex guys have a couple of super-vows in the making so let's get those smaller ones done fast...

Mines done woot.gif At last!

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2013/186/6/e/rw_command_squad_by_elmo9141-d6c3tea.jpg

Not sure what will be on the next vow yet - will let you know by mid week.

Others look forward to Fridays because the weekend starts. Others because it's the most likely day for new FW releases... I on the other hand, look forward for Fridays  because for some mystical reason, it's the only day in the week that Elmo can post pics. Don't ask why. You don't want to know. :P

Fantastic job there Elmo - I particularly like the highlights on black (excellent) and the Corvus Hammer, the bone effect works really well... The free hand words on the Banner are very impressive too. As someone who cannot do free hand if his life depended on it, I think writing "Gloriam" there is beyond awesome! (it is free hand - right?) :lol:

Look forward for your next vow!

Fantastic job there Elmo - I particularly like the highlights on black (excellent) and the Corvus Hammer, the bone effect works really well... The free hand words on the Banner are very impressive too. As someone who cannot do free hand if his life depended on it, I think writing "Gloriam" there is beyond awesome! (it is free hand - right?) laugh.png

Would you be upset if I said Gloriam was from the IG decal sheet whistlingW.gif

The free hand bit was "Dark Angels Ravenwing" msn-wink.gif

More pictures here

Finally managed to put the mdoles together...despite the fact that I chose my vow to include models that required minimal build...this is the first time with FW Resin Cast models.... and having to use superglue is a pain!

Almost forgot to take a before shot.... so no image of the squadron in unamde kit form just the pre-prime state.... So I'm  just registering the before photograph

Ravenwing Land Speeder Tempest Squadron (330 pts fromIA Aeronautica)

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/Temp_RW_Company_Phase_09_01.jpg

Hopefully I should be able to finish it by the end of the week.

You can follow the progress in more detail in "In the Company of ravens!" my ETL thread continuing from last year's ETl1.

SG

I guess a quick update: Added a few bitz and bobz.... Underslung sensor pods to differentiate each speeder, RW icons on the side and similar one on top with the angel depicting the squadron leader... who also has a couple of purity seals one on each side.

I guess with the black undercoat I could consider myself 90% complete?? msn-wink.gif

Boltgun metal next for the front bumper-bar ...er... anti gravity plating... and grey/white for the icones...black wash along with a few colours for the various sensor suites... and I should be done but that would need to wait until next weekend.

The quality is really not a "Picasso" nor a "Stobz" nor an "Elmo" ... but for the ETL II points it should do once I finish the detailing and the bases. Happily this will continue my Ravenwing Project which commenced during the ETL 1 in 2012.

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/Temp_RW_Company_Phase_09_02a.jpg

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/Temp_RW_Company_Phase_09_02b.jpg

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/Temp_RW_Company_Phase_09_02c.jpg

Clearly criticisms and advice would be very welcome ...........

SG

@ Demitra: Well done! It's just great to see first vows completed and at such great quality! You sure make the Lion proud! Are you going for a re-fill?  :)

@ The Shadow Guard: Ahh... the return of SG's RW! Yes I remember ETL I. I specifically remember SG declaring and completing 4 vows in the last 24 hrs of the event, stopping my secondary heart dead! :lol: Beutiful models SG and a great expansion to your growing force! Look fwd to see them complete. Before Aug 14th if possible! hahahaha!!!

2nd vow.

I, Veteran painting servitor Elmo9141 being of sound mind, poor eyesight and shakey hand,
hereby answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

Azrael (215pts - converted DV Company Master),

Interrogator Chaplain on RW bike (130pts - Converted DV RW Sgt)

and a Techmarine with Servo harness on a RW bike (95pts - Converted DV RW and various bits)
from the Dark Angels Codex to a total value of 440pts on or before August 15th.

Success will bring eternal glory to the Sons of the Lion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame, and
re-education in Room 42 under the ministry of
Stobias Weatherbottom McGerkenshaw III's Chaplain Dreadnought Lucifer,

until the year-end.

So do I vow and so will it be!

For Caliban and the Lion!

Pictures to follow.... Link here

I Brother Tenshi answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX a second time and vow to complete Librarian Turmiel (65pts.) and Librarian Gargamel with TDA (95pts.) from the Codex Dark Angels of total value 160pts. on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Unforgiven, failure is not an option.

My before picture.

2nd Vow (I shall not be denied a white pearl!)

I, Red_knight23, Pledge to complete 1 Death-wing terminator squad (with 2 SS/TH, 1 Heavy flamer), 1 Interrogator Chaplin(jump-pack), 1 Librarian (jump-pack, Level 2 powers, Power feild), 1 company master(Artificer armor, Power sword, Combi-Melta,power field), and a command squad (champion, apothecary, Revered banner bearer, Combi-Flamer) Before August 15th. If I succeed then the Unforgiven will gain much glory, And if I fail I will be forced to bear the banner of failure 'till years end

DW Terminator 240

Librarian 145

Interrogator Chaplin 155

Company Master 161

Command Squad 165

For a total of 851 points

Before: 

Great to see more completions and more new vows coming from the Rock. So good luck to Elmo (wibble), Tenshi, and Red Knight! :tu:

Also Red Knight, it seems I have missed your previous completion (found it now). When you complete, give me a heads up, either by making a new post here with the completed pics or PM me. Do not silently edit your original vow - It's easy for me to miss. Also some of your pics do not show... could you fix this? :)

Archived