+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Liber Astartes Strategium+++

I'm going to try finish off my Sternguard and I'll create a WIP thread showing the before and after. Have my next set of models lined up that I could enter aswell :) (Thank Grotsmasha for those :P)

I, Uberlord Gendo, pledge a converted Storm Raven of the Raven Guard seconded to Ordo Labyrinthii, a squad of Ghosts of Istvaan-(ex-Nightlords), a company command squad (Penitential Crusade Era colors and Ordo Labyrinthii colors), a squad of Terminators.

If I can do this, I'll also add my Ghosts of Istvaan Autocannon Heavy Support. (I've got a legion list variant).

For the Emperor!

Well, I've caved to the pressure!laugh.png

I, Lysimachus, pledge to paint a 10 man Sternguard squad with 2 plasma guns and Sgt with a power axe, and a TDA Captain with combi-plasma and lightning claw. Think this comes out to 435pts. Not the biggest vow so fingers crossed I'll get it done in time!

WIP thread showing assembled minis

I, Uberlord Gendo, pledge a converted Storm Raven of the Raven Guard seconded to Ordo Labyrinthii, a squad of Ghosts of Istvaan-(ex-Nightlords), a company command squad (Penitential Crusade Era colors and Ordo Labyrinthii colors), a squad of Terminators.

If I can do this, I'll also add my Ghosts of Istvaan Autocannon Heavy Support. (I've got a legion list variant).

For the Emperor!

Welcome to ETL smile.png. Unfortunately you can't add the autocannon heavy support squad, as it's not a unit from Codex Space Marines. The rest is fine, but as Cpt Semper said, you need to give the points for your vow (including the squad upgrades etc) in order for the vow to be recorded.

I, Lord Kjeran, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Terminator Chaplain and a Terminator Squad of the Blood Cross Chapter from  Codex : Space Marines of total value of 370 on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Cross and the Liber Astartes and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

(I disallowed the 5 points for the heavy flamer because no squad of 5 can have 2 heavy weapons. However, my Terminators have been hanging around since '96 or so and that's all the arms I have for rights: 3 storm bolter, 1 assault cannon, one hvy flamer--and Decius wants his flamer!)

Pic of unassembled models in this thread: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/276882-arx-megiddo-blood-cross-chapter/

Great Lord Krejan - your vow is in! Rest assured that I dont want to deprive Brother Decius of his flamer no more than you do (or Decius himself does). So as long as you do not count the points feel free to give him his favourite piece of hardware! :D

JUST 12HRS TO GO - IF WANT TO JOIN ETL II NOW IS YOUR LAST CHANCE!!!

I, RandomMarine, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 techmarine and 4 servitors @ a value of 170

Techmarine

power weapon

bolter

servo harnes

2x heavy bolter servitors

2x servor arm servitors

The Sons of Danrioch stand ready(40k version of my pre hersey iron warriors)

Ave Imperator

Well, I hate to say it but I think I'm going to fail the challenge before I can start. I was planning to get an airbrush to paint this army (really love all the effects that I've seen done and want to expand what I can do) and I thought I'd have it in time to get the vowed squad done. However, life happens and it's looking like I'm not getting it until at least ten days into August and I can't see any way I'll get them done.sad.png down.gif

Guess I could do some the old fashioned way, but I really don't want to have one squad that looks different from all the rest. Don't want to put in all the time and effort to paint them and then strip them down to airbrush either!

Anyway, I don't know if there's any way to back out of the vow (dunno if less pts vowed for the Liber would be better than vows failed?), if not then I'll just have to eat it and wear the banner of shame for however long!!!tongue.png

Sorry guys.

Well, there is no backing out now! :D

But heed my advice: do not be so fast to don the Badge of Shame... Wait - there are two months to go, and still many things may happen. Whatever caused the delay of your airbrush may still reverse (life happens both ways) and maybe you get it early. Even if you do get in in early August it might still be possible to finish it before the 15th...

If on the other hand nothing of the above happens and you indeed fail in your vow you are only required to carry the badge from Aug 15th to year end - or more if you like it (I know some people do)... hahahaha!!!

I have to commend you on the fact that you want to do the job as you have it planned and not revert to other techniques. In the end of the day the minis will stay with you long after the ETL is over - you'd better do them in the way you like them! :yes:

@Capt.S: You make a good point sir, I don't think it's likely to work out but I shouldn't make assumption that it definitely won't either!thumbsup.gif

I have to commend you on the fact that you want to do the job as you have it planned and not revert to other techniques. In the end of the day the minis will stay with you long after the ETL is over - you'd better do them in the way you like them! yes.gif

This is exactly it. I'd really like to push myself with this army, new tools, new techniques, a whole new feel. Don't want to mess up the first squad just to get it done in time.

@War Angel: Thanks for the PM, yeah there are probably some bits (weapons, etc that will be glued to bodies later) that I can paint up regardless. Thing is with the air brush is that I wasn't completely sure I was getting it, but it's looking like (hopefully) the wife may be buying it as an anniversary pressie! Only thing with that is that our anniversary is 10th August, five days to paint eleven minis! I'm usually slow as anything and I'll have a new piece of kit to master, but who knows, maybe I'll find I'm a natural!laugh.png

Archived