+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Liber Astartes Strategium+++

I am seriously lacking motivation to start my vow....I feel my paint scheme lacks something....

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab278/ski1391/9dab82d89e9982fc29f4292943891264.jpg

PLEASE HELP BROTHERS!

I like the blue and grey - not a huge fan of the blue and red. Unless red is just a detail... Looks too much like Crimson Fists from a distance. How about substituting the red with grey for a more subtle result? The limited palette will also be faster to paint (not only for the ETL but in general). Maybe leave one knee pad free to denote company? So red would be what? third?

Just an idea here... but remember, you've got quite a vow, so you must start soon. Finalise the scheme fast as by next Wednesday, we'll be half way through the ETL already! smile.png

Thanks cap...I chose those colors to mimic the iron patriot...a marvel comics super hero....unless I should change the scheme....

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab278/ski1391/ed8d8c172a9713f200eed30d7d109c3a.jpg

No, the only deadline you should worry about is Aug 15th... :)

Just saying that by the end of this week, we'd be roughly half way there... So plenty of time still, but one should be conscious of this element. ;)

Make his belt gray and see how that fits in?

If it still doesn't feel right, limit the red to just the shoulder trim and see how you like that.

You could of course use less blue, reserve it for just the chest biceps and maybe thighs...

What about making the grey a metal? Heraldrically, Argent covers white, grey and silver. You could brighten it up with mithril silver or keep it dull with boltgun metal.

EDIT: And if you went the metal route, you could use shades to indicate rank...white for teh scouts, boltgun for "regular" troops, silver for vets and officers.

I'm sorry guys, I let you down. I had a chance to finish painting this weekend, and instead I failed to pick up the brush even once... Forgive me.

Brother you are most certainly forgiven, considering I've been lost in the dreaded doldrums of no painting for over 2 weeks it is I who must ask for forgiveness.

But now after finally obtaining a purple basecoat paint (the old Hormagaunt Purple) I can get to work on the Termies and get them up to the same stage as my Vanguard. Then onwards to final details and Vow #2!

Cambrius

My first vow is now complete:

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w535/tdemayo/40k/vowonecomplete_zpsf598d390.jpg

For my second vow:

I, Tom de Mayo, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Ten Assault Terminators w/ Thunderhammer and Stormshields (400 points) and one Librarian with a Storm Bolter in Terminator armor (130 points) from Codex: Space Marines of total value 530 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to my DIY chapter, the Vigil Marines, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Vow 2 unpainted (the short things are some objective markers):

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w535/tdemayo/40k/vow2_zps1e998a6a.jpg

At last a completion from the Liber - and what a completion too!!! Well done tdemayo - and good luck with your follow-up vow! But remember: failing one is failing all. So make sure you complete the new vow in time! ;) 

Now I hope this completion will inspire the frater of the Liber and we'll see some forst completions coming through...

At last a completion from the Liber - and what a completion too!!! Well done tdemayo - and good luck with your follow-up vow! But remember: failing one is failing all. So make sure you complete the new vow in time! ;) 

Now I hope this completion will inspire the frater of the Liber and we'll see some forst completions coming through...

You make it sound like there haven't been any liber completions. Cough cough

Good work tdemayo. I'll be right behind you with my own tanks, though not quite as impressive as yours are. I managed to get a lot done this weekend and hope to have my whirlwind done by Wednesday night.

Well, some good news, my airbrush is now here!!! Although I still need to get one or two bits (airbrush cleaning fluid, etc) I'm hoping that I've got a good shot at getting my vow completed!

While I've been waiting, I've actually built a second squad that, if I can finish the first batch in plenty of time, will possibly constitute a second vow. Pics are here if anyone wants a look!

Well done those who've already completed their first vows!

Archived