+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Space Wolves Strategium+++

++E TENEBRAE LUX II++

+Space Wolves Strategium+

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/ETL_2013_Poster_07_SW.jpg

Proud warriors of Fenris!

You have been hibernating for too long. Last year you astonished the Galaxy with your tenacity and determination – indeed the Champion of Champions came from your ranks. But the big prize eluded you... Will you allow the lesser Chapters to hold the title or will you take this opportunity to strike back?

Last year the performance of the Space Wolves was breath-taking. With fewer participants than the other top-ranking Chapters, and with one Mega-vow after another, you climbed to 3rd position with an impressive 27.4k pts. But can you beat that? Will your individualism prevail and become at last Primus Inter Pares?

FOR RUSS! FOR THE WOLFTIME!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, this is the return of the ETL. There is some streamlining of the rules compared to last year so please read them carefully, veterans and new entrants alike. The rules can be found here:

ETL II RULES

This thread is the “Chapter House” for this event. All vows of this sub-forum should be posted in this very thread in order to be valid. This is also the place to declare vow completions and/or vow renewals. Finally posting your WIP thread links in your “completion” post will be tremendously helpful! This is a big event guys, so making life easier for me, will help avoid confusion and backs ‘n forths…

You can also use this thread to gauge the progress of your forum (last year’s veterans know I’ll update often) and compare it with other forums in their respective threads. It will also be a good place to talk to each other as how to go about it, and organize your forum effort.

If you want to refresh your memory of what happened last year, see the ETL I - Final report

I’ll be glad to answer any questions as we go along and I will keep track of all forums’ efforts. So I’m the person you need to talk to for anything regarding the procedures of this competition but your forum Moderators still have full control of the Meltas and they will gladly use all of them given half a chance... So be aware of that!

ALL WHO MAKE A VOW AND ARE LISTED BELOW HAVE EARNED THE RIGHT TO WEAR THE OATH OF MOMENT :

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/ETL_2013_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg

SPACE WOLVES VOWS

Algidus Sanguis | Vow 1 [1,090]

Arez | Vow 1 [1,344]

Ashmantle | Vow 1 [120] COMPLETE
Blacksad | Vow 1 [150]
Bosco | Vow 1 [2,285]
Brother Ramses | Vow 1 [2,000]

Bulweih | Vow 1 [260]

Captain Cirrius | Vow 1 [560]

Cate | Vow 1 [198]

Dizzyeye | Vow 1 [1,198]
ErikThunderclaws | Vow 1 [1,000]

forte | Vow 1 [70]

Ghostwolfalpha | Vow 1 [800]

Hrafnkel | Vow 1 [163]
Hurley | Vow 1 [200]
Jbickb | Vow 1 [610] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [1,235]
Khine | Vow 1 [1,190]
legalsars | Vow 1 [600]
Mactire | Vow 1 [535]

MaveriK | Vow 1 [323]
Max_Dammit | Vow 1 [880]

MJ (SW1's bro) | Vow 1 [165] COMPLETE
Puplord | Vow 1 [770]
Ragnars Claw | Vow 1 [910]

Reede | Vow 1 [352]
Rift Blade | Vow 1 [500]
Roma | Vow 1 [1,525]
Russ Brother 92 | Vow 1 [890]
Sn33r | Vow 1 [1,288] COMPLETE [pics pending]

Sohail287 | Vow 1 [1,015]
Squark | Vow 1 [255]
Stinkenheim | Vow 1 [325] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [785]
Sturm Moonwolf | Vow 1 [870] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [625]
SW1 | Vow 1 [1,210] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [1,475] COMPLETE | Vow 3 [1,710]

TheLastHuzzah | Vow 1 [610]

Way1and | Vow 1 [190]
Wolf Lord Kieran | Vow 1 [2,090]
Wolf Priest Redbeard | Vow 1 [125] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [640]
WolfLordSam | Vow 1 [600]

PENANCE VOWS

Captain Semper | to paint a SW mini for every particpant of the SW forum above 30.

Jeff Jedi | to paint a SW Iron Priest if the SW make it above 30 participants.

SW1 | to paint the entire DA part of Dark Venegeance in DA colors if the SWs forum doesn't get at least 30 particpants

I, Stinkenheim, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Wolf Lord, Rhino and Land Speeder Typhoon from Codex: Space Wolves of total value of 325 pts on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to Bjorn Stormwolf and the Space Wolves and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

For Russ and the All-father!

Point breakdown:
Wolf Lord, TDA, thunder hammer, storm shield, wolf tooth necklace and wolf tail talisman- 195pts
Land Speeder Typhoon- 90pts

Rhino with dozer blade- 40pts

That's great stinkenheim - last year the wolves made an admirable campaing - let's hope they'll repeat it. This year's format is actually more friendly to SW style of few but point-rich vows... Let's see! smile.png Oh, and just realised, oojimabooj is not recognised as a number by the xls... funny that! laugh.png

PLEASE NOTE: I'VE MADE A TYPO IN THE VOW (CORRECTED NOW). THE ETL ENDS ON AUGUST 15TH - PLEASE AMEND YOUR VOWS ACCORDINGLY!

I Jbickb answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Arjac Rockfist and his 9 accompanying wolfguard terminators from Codex: Space Wolves of total value 610 on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Space Wolves and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

(point break down arjac 188+9 tda wolf guard 297+ 7 combi weapons 35+ 2 chainfist 30+ 2 cyclone missile launcher 60=610)

I, WolfLordSam, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the Wolf Lord Harald Deathwolf and his unit of 4 Thunderwolf Cavalry from Codex: Space Wolves of total value 600 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Space Wolves, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Wolf Lord on TW + runic armor + SS + WC + 2FW + Wolf tail talisman + Wolftooth Neclace = 250

4x TWC + 4x SS + TH = 350

I may sub 3x Melta Bombs on the TWC in place of the talisman and necklace if my modeling abilities fail me.

Very slow start Wolves... What happened to your heroes then? No match for the might of the First Legion? biggrin.png

@ WolfLordSam: Great contribution Wolf Lord - I just want to underline the fact that we need a measure of WYSIWYG. So all those talismans and necklaces - they better show up on the finished mini - not to mention the runic armour! msn-wink.gif

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT

I, Sn33R, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete arjac rockfist,1 rune priest,23 grey hunters (3x axes,2xmeltas,1xplasma,1xplasma pistol,3x standards,3x MOTW)4x longfangs with missile launcher and one squad leader,2 razorbacks, and 1 vindicator and finally and aegis defence line with quad gun.i vow to complete by the 22nd of june (i have a tournament then) here is a points break down

Rune Priest (120pts)

Arjac Rockfist (188pts)

8x Grey Hunter (185pts)

7x Grey Hunter (150pts)

8x Grey Hunter (165pts)

Long Fangs Pack (190pts) including  razorback

Razorback (75pts

Vindicator (115pts)

Aegis Defense Line (100pts)

so total points is 1288 of which im nervous about....

I vow to paint:

Bjorn the Fell Handed with a plasma cannon [275]

Dreadnought with 2 twin autocannons [125]

Dreadnought with 1 twin autocannon and 1 twin lascannon [145]

10 Grey Hunters with 2 plasma guns, plasma pistol, wolf standard, power axe and their rhino with a dozer blade [245]

1 Rune Priest with Runic Armour [120]

Total of 910pts.

Bring it on!

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s89/Grimtooth_photos/ETLVOW_zpsee227d27.gif

For those not blessed by the Allfather to be of Fenris,

I, Brother Ramses, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Bjorn the Fel-Handed, Rune Priest Alrek, Wolf Priest Fyri, Wolf Guard Pack Valgautr, Grey Hunter Pack Biflindi, Grey Hunter Pack Giervaldr, Grey Hunter Pack Jarngrimr, Grey Hunter Pack Baleygr, Thunderwolf Calvary Pack Atrithi, and Long Fang Pack Harbardr from Codex: Space Wolves of total value 2000 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Vlyka Fenryka and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Bjorn the Fel-Handed with Plasma Cannon: 270pts

Rune Priest Alrek with Chooser of Slain, Runic Armor, Master of Runes: 180pts

Wolf Priest Fyri with Runic Armor, Wolftail Talisman Wolftooth Necklace, Plasma Pistol, Melta Bombs: 165pts

Wolf Guard Pack Valgautr with Power Armor x4, Wolf Claws x4, Melta Bombs x4, TDA x1, Power Sword x1, Storm Bolter x1, Cyclone Missile Launcher x1: 215pts

Grey Hunter Pack Biflindi with Plasmaguns x2, Power Axe, Mark of Wulfen, Wolf Standard: 200pts

Grey Hunter Pack Giervaldr with Plasmaguns x2, Power Axe, Mark of Wulfen, Wolf Standard: 200pts

Grey Hunter pack Jarngrimr with Meltaguns x2, Power Axe, Mark of Wulfen, Wolf Standard: 195pts

Grey Hunter Pack Baleygr with Flamers x2, Power Axe, Mark of Wulfen, Wolf Standard: 190pts

Thunderwolf Cavalry Pack Atrithi with Storm Shield x2, Melta Bombs x2, Powerfist x1: 245pts

Long Fang Pack Harbardr; Missile Launchers x5: 140pts

Total: 2000pts

Well I'm impressed Brother Ramses! This is some vow - both in size and presentation!

A few of you keep the banners flying - but where are the rest? Last year you lost second (and maybe first) position due to lack of resources... If you had deployed 3-4 more of your brothers you'd brobably have beaten the DAs to pulp... So rise Sons of Russ! Time are you Primus Inter Pares or not?

LIST UPDATED TO THAT POINT!

I, Riftblade, answer the call of the Tenebrae Lux & vow to complete Canis Wolf Born with 2 fenrisian wolves, 4 Swift Claw Bikers with an Attack Bike with Heavy Bolter & a Predator wit twin linked lascannons & sponson lascannons for 500 pts. I vow to complete this by August 15th. Thank you Brothers for pointing out my bad math skills.

I, Riftblade, answer the call of the Tenebrae Lux & vow to complete Canis Wolf Born with 2 fenrisian wolves, 4 Swift Claw Bikers with an Attack Bike with Heavy Bolter & a Predator wit twin linked lascannons & sponson lascannons for 475 pts. I vow to complete this by August 15th.

Brother is this not 500 points?

205 + 130 + 165 = 500

I SW1, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Logan Grimnar, Njal Storm Caller (in Runic Armour), Njal Storm Caller (in Terminator Armour), Ragnar Blackmane and Ulrik the Slayer from Codex Space Wolves of total value 1210 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to Vlyka Fenryka and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Been lurking for several years on here and this challenge is finally getting me to post on here. devil.gif

Edit: Here's a link to my pledge page -

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/275819-sw1s-e-tenebrae-lux-ii-2013-vows/

@ Rift Blade: It seems SW1 is right - you're penalising your vow by some 25 pts... I have amended it in the list - feel free to amend your vow too. :tu:

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

So, before I make my vow, just confirming I understand the rules correctly; I vow to complete a number of complete units, and state their point values. I then post a before picture showing that they were unpainted before I began the vow. when the vow is completed, the point value of my value is added to the base Space Wolves total. If I fail this or any subsequent vow I make, all the points I earned for the chapter are lost, Correct? And everything has to be WYSIWYG, of course. Any critical things I've missed? Assuming I understand things correctly, I'll probably have a small vow of my own to make- Also, just checking- I've got a fair number of models with only the basecoat of Fenrisian Grey (or maybe not even the full coat). Those models are not eligible for this vow, correct?

So, with that in mind, I'll start small.

I, Squark, Answer the call of E Tenerbrae Lux and vow to complete a Wolf Priest and 7 Grey Hunters on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to Vlyka Fenryka and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Points (255) Breakdown

7 Grey Hunters -140 points

-Plasmagun, Power Axe, Wolf Standard

Wolf Priest -115 points

-Saga of the Hunter, Wolf Tail talisman

It appears that stinkheim was shorted 100 pts on the main list at the top.

He was indeed - thanks for pointing it out. Corrected! :)

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I'm not vowing as yet but if work settles down, I have very nice new Thunderwolves that need paint haha - and I like painting fur :) - so you may well see some hefty points with few models coming :D

- Onwards my brothers and sisters, for the glory of Fenris, Russ and your Honour!

Question for the captain i've got a storm raven thats been sprayed on the sprue with army painter wolf grey can i enter this as a land speeder, i know im losing a censored.gif load of points, but i need motivation to get it done. Theres been nothing else done to it just the coloured primer and i promise to paint all the little inside bits teehee.gif

Archived