+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Space Wolves Strategium+++

Small and steady.

Exactly. 

We can win this by people nickel and diming vows that end up being 5 vows that total up 2500pts (500pts per vow).  While I have seen other forums putting out vows over 4k, that will be their sole vow more then likely.  I can do the 2k now and get it done in time to still do my vehicles which would at least be close to our over another 1k with a 3rd or 4th vow being 500 or so points of Wolf Scouts, Lone Wolves, WGTDA, etc.  Might not be over 4k points all in one go, but I have more chances of beating 4k points in multiple vows.

I, Forte answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Lone Wolf with dual Plasma Pistols, MMelts Bombs and Mark of the Wulfen (I'll find a way to show it) from Codex Space Wolves of total value 70 on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the warriors of the Fang and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

I know it's small but it's a start.

I, Algidus Sanguis answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following:

Rune Priest w/ Chooser of the Slain - 110pts

Njal Stormcaller, Lord of Tempests - 245pts

Grey Hunters x7 - 105pts

Grey Hunters x10; Mark of Wulfen, Wolf Standard, Plasma Gun x2 - 220pts

Grey Hunters x10; Plasma Gun x2 - 195pts

Thunderwolf Cavalry x3; Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield, Mark of the Wulfen 215pts

All from Codex Space Wolves of total value 1090 on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the warriors of
the Fang and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Brothers, I hope this is just my first of 2 vows. It's time to get started.

Any other wolf brothers out there join in, as Ramses said 4/5 handy vows of a couple of hundred points adds up.The main thing is to get your first vow in before june 15th even if its only for a single mini, remember one rune priest or a wolf guard battle leader makes 100 pts. Once your in before the first deadline your free to re-vow anytime, so come on join the pack.

One request.

Please don't star a thread for your individual progress. Let's have one thread for WIP stuff and post finished items here. It'll keep the sub forum more organized and let everyone see the ETL II progress together so no one gets left behind.

I don't know, the templars would cull any oathreakers (they are even watching me with their bolters casually by their sides).

But seriously, dozens of vows, 4000 points!? How are they so...damn...zealous?!

Either way brothers, the day the sons of fenris rely on templars breaking their oaths is a dark day indeed. Crush them through vows! Hail russ, Kelly, and our amazing, superior codex!

Frankly, I am glad to see caution by the Wolves players in their vows as seeing some of them more outrageous vows made on other forum sections makes me think that all they have is inflated points totals and over confident members that will not complete their vows.

It's often said that it takes discipline and hard work to be as dangerous as us whistlingW.gif

Well met brother Forte! It's good to have you here with us! Time to break the deep fried Krakken rings and ale! - Slides forte over a large frothy tankard of Mjodd and places a four dozen more tankards full on the table along with a truly staggering bowl of said deep fried goodness-

On a separate note, Semper is my representing the Saga of the bear as a Bear pelt on my Wolf Lord acceptable? I know that in the codex the very first line describing the saga says " The hero wears the skin of the bear and has the temperament to match." If it's not fine with you, then i'll adjust my vow accordingly.

@ forte: well, well, well... who do we have here? Welcome aboard forte! And good luck with your vow - I know your painting time is close to zero - so a sensible vow there! thumbsup.gif

@ Algidus Sanguis: Excellent! Another Wolf Lord joins the fray! Your numbers ae building up! smile.png

@ Khine: I'm really cautious with Sagas... Some are easier than others to represent and I don;t want to get into a debate as to what is an acceptable representation or not... If you could alter the Saga for another item that would be roughly the same points (or chop-off the points altogether) I'll be more than happy to allow the adjustment. Let me know...

@ stikenheim: You have to declare your previous vow complete before I can accept a new one... This is in rule 4 of the rules:

4. TAKING FURTHER VOWS: Once a vow is complete (and not before), a new vow with additional units can be submitted but they should also be legal entries in their own right chosen from the same Codex as described above, i.e. a participant cannot change allegiance during the Challenge. Each participant can make up to five (5) vows in total including the first (see “FAQs” section below). Each new vow must be clearly made according to the same format of the original vow. It should be stressed that a participant is liable for all the vows he/she makes. Failing one is failing all. So think carefully before stepping-up your commitment, if you fail on the second or subsequent vows all previous ones are lost too and will count for nothing!

So the minute you report completion, you can go for it! msn-wink.gif

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@ Khine: I'm really cautious with Sagas... Some are easier than others to represent and I don;t want to get into a debate as to what is an acceptable representation or not... If you could alter the Saga for another item that would be roughly the same points (or chop-off the points altogether) I'll be more than happy to allow the adjustment. Let me know...

All good on removing those points. There isn't anything i want to change it too.

Somebody check my numbers, 'cause I don't speak Mathematics very well and I'm at work without my Codex...

Rune Priest Hagin Sigrbrandr: TDA, Wolftooth necklace, Saga of the Beast Slayer, Master of the Runes, Chooser of the Slain

210 points?

Thanks for the heads up, Cate.

Somebody check my numbers, 'cause I don't speak Mathematics very well and I'm at work without my Codex...

Rune Priest Hagin Sigrbrandr: TDA, Wolftooth necklace, Saga of the Hunter, Master of the Runes, Chooser of the Slain

210 points?

You'll need to remove 'Saga of the Hunter' due to WYSIWYG and find a way to model Master of the Runes.

Archived