+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Space Wolves Strategium+++

If you took beastslayer you would be at 200, but as Forte said, it might be hard to do something to represent sagas and master of runes, but that is up to Captain Semper to decide.

/C

Somebody check my numbers, 'cause I don't speak Mathematics very well and I'm at work without my Codex...

Rune Priest Hagin Sigrbrandr: TDA, Wolftooth necklace, Saga of the Hunter, Master of the Runes, Chooser of the Slain

210 points?

You'll need to remove 'Saga of the Hunter' due to WYSIWYG and find a way to model Master of the Runes.

Hmm, I have modelled the two necklaces from the Twolves box - one on the staff and one off his left Shoulderpad. I'm using the wolfpelt legs which have another necklace with runes across his waist and the torso also has one. I've also got the termie honors cross (that's supposed to be mounted on top of the bear pelt) with a runestone dangling off it and clipped the danglies from one of the belts in the GH box and glued it to the cross as well. To my way of thinking, that's a lot of rune stones...

I guess it's completely subjective, I suppose. So if I have to scale back to 160 points, then so be it.

LIGHTBULB!

You could model Beastslayer... using the arm from Space Hulk holding up the genestealer head... to bad I don't have that model... unsure.png

Saga's as far as I can work out were banned completely last year and from the wording Captain Semper he'd wish he'd banned the from the start this time around again.

Here are my so called wip pictures, they suck as I used my android instead of my Iphone, and I couldn't be bothered to go home to my friend and force him to take pictures just for WIP.

Long fangs

gallery_5565_7507_48252.jpg

Scouts

gallery_5565_7507_34932.jpg

As an after thought I should have given my Long fang Squad leader double power fist just for the points awesomeness. msn-wink.gif

/C

Hope this will do as wips?

Somebody check my numbers, 'cause I don't speak Mathematics very well and I'm at work without my Codex...

Rune Priest Hagin Sigrbrandr: TDA, Wolftooth necklace, Saga of the Hunter, Master of the Runes, Chooser of the Slain

210 points?

You'll need to remove 'Saga of the Hunter' due to WYSIWYG and find a way to model Master of the Runes.

Master of the Runes is easy.

Take two extra bases, greenstuff a rune of your choice on them, some OSL painting, and you are set. Serve dual purpose of showing Master of Runes and counters for how many psychic powers you have used and what you have left.

TBH while I understand Captain Semper's reluctance regarding Sagas, I kinda think it's a tad bit unfair, because if you bring a combat-oriented HQ i.e Wolf Lord, you really want to bring a saga to boost your character. But It's hard to verify. Meh. I don't have any models to represent a bear, nor is the pelt from the SW TDA box small enough to fit. Kinda thinking that the best way to represent a Bear item thingy would be to get some green stuff, fashion a pelt out of it.

ok on Sagas:

The problem is there is not a commonly accepted way to model them and this leaves them open to dispute. Also some are possibly easier to depict than others. Therefore I will be disallowing them again this year... It's just like psychic powers... One might go and do an elaborate represenatation of a fireball and another will just paint the psyker's hand blue... This kind of situations I'd like to avoid. So feel free to give your characters other goodies to make up for the points.

When talking about stuff that might be hard to symbolise, I think it might be an idea for me to deduct the points for MotW, I am going to have a hard time to wolf up those pesky metal scouts anyhow. So if it is ok can I deduct the points from my vow?

/C

When talking about stuff that might be hard to symbolise, I think it might be an idea for me to deduct the points for MotW, I am going to have a hard time to wolf up those pesky metal scouts anyhow. So if it is ok can I deduct the points from my vow?

/C

Yellow eyes = MotW.

My whole army has yellow eyes as per the new HH novels, all Wolves have yellow eyes. My MotW are old 13th Co models so very easy to distinguish.

XD welll that makes it almost impossible.

Right, so after consulting with the Cap'n:

I vow to complete a TDA Rune Priest with Wolftooth Necklace, Master of the Runes and Chooser of the Slain.

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_5778/gallery_17085_5778_178679.jpg

I'll have to throw up a pic of the CoS after this weekend. Forgot to take one.

how will you model the master of runes upgrade?

I've added runestone bitz clipped from other models to the torso and to the bitz that will be capping the end of his staff. I'm debating whether to attempt to greenstuff some more or not or use the transfers on the smoother sections of the model.

Here is my WiP - left to right we've got TWC w/ SS, TWLord w/ Axe & SS, TWC w/ Sword & SS, TWLord w/ Fist & Claw, Canis C-As and lastly Iron Priest - in front is the base I'll be using for them (they'll still be flocked and perhaps a little remodelled for the two Lords).

gallery_59855_6882_1721353.jpg

gallery_59855_6882_585211.jpg

I would shrink but I'm not sure how to - especially as these are saved/uploaded to my B&C Gallery - so sorry for large pics guys.

@ Cate: I have adjusted your vow for -15pts. Let me know if it's OK

@ Way1and: Your vow is in - I have priced it at 190pts - let me know if you think differently.

@ Russ Brother: They look promising - good luck with that!

Now, let's see, the SWs have accumulated 28 participants so far. That means you need 2 more and then for every one above that I'll be painting a mini (post ETL). How about a 10-strong Grey Hunter squad? devil.gif

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@ Cate: I have adjusted your vow for -15pts. Let me know if it's OK

@ Way1and: Your vow is in - I have priced it at 190pts - let me know if you think differently.

@ Russ Brother: They look promising - good luck with that!

Now, let's see, the SWs have accumulated 28 participants so far. That means you need 2 more and then for every one above that I'll be painting a mini (post LPC). How about a 10-strong Grey Hunter squad? devil.gif

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

5 above and you paint a Wolf Lord decapitating a "Fallen" ? :3

To clarify. I mean a Wolf Lord tearing the head off a Dark Angel =p

Archived