+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Space Wolves Strategium+++

@ Cate: I have adjusted your vow for -15pts. Let me know if it's OK

@ Way1and: Your vow is in - I have priced it at 190pts - let me know if you think differently.

@ Russ Brother: They look promising - good luck with that!

Now, let's see, the SWs have accumulated 28 participants so far. That means you need 2 more and then for every one above that I'll be painting a mini (post LPC). How about a 10-strong Grey Hunter squad? devil.gif

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

5 above and you paint a Wolf Lord decapitating a "Fallen" ? :3

To clarify. I mean a Wolf Lord tearing the head off a Dark Angel =p

Oi ... Semper ... This 'ear Chaos worshipping scum was dressed up as a DA. Care to explain?

Not sure if its been asked, but for my next vow, I'm probably going to be painting a model I've magnetized to use multiple options-  How would the points cost work? In this specific case, it's the special weapons Wolf Guard terminator, so would he be worth 78 points (the most expensive option of the three), 113 points (It's hypothetically possible to put an Assault Cannon and a Cyclone Missile launcher on the same model), or 118 points (The combined cost of all 3 heavy weapons)? Of course, before I consider that, I should probably finish my first vow.

Not sure if its been asked, but for my next vow, I'm probably going to be painting a model I've magnetized to use multiple options-  How would the points cost work? In this specific case, it's the special weapons Wolf Guard terminator, so would he be worth 78 points (the most expensive option of the three), 113 points (It's hypothetically possible to put an Assault Cannon and a Cyclone Missile launcher on the same model), or 118 points (The combined cost of all 3 heavy weapons)? Of course, before I consider that, I should probably finish my first vow.

You just get the most expensive combo as per the ETL rules. 

@ Squark: Exactly as SW1 and Forte said. This is actually addresed in the FAQs section of the rules. You can only vow one configuration - no extra points for magnetizing. So just vow the most expensive combo...

Also check out the new cover-art in p.1 courtesy of The Shadow Guard - the Inner Cicle's most Inner Grand Master! :D Hope you like it!

gallery_17085_5778_1535.jpg

Chooser of the Slain. The (non-GW) raven is perched on a skull and additional skulls have been pressed into the GS.

gallery_17085_5778_178679.jpg

Rune Priest with Wolftooth Necklace (Left shoulderpad). Difficult to see in this phonecam shot, but one of the necklaces from the TWolves sprue is glued to the rear of the winged skull that will be topping the runestaff. The termie honors has the two dangly bits from one of the "belts" in the GH sprue glued into it. This will be on the front of the staff and just below the skull (mostly to hide and off center hole for the brass rod). Since this pic, additional runes clipped from GH sprue bitz have been added to the necklaces on the torso and legs. The other necklace from the TWolves sprue may find a home dangling from the right shoulderpad if I can get the angle right.

Hmm im eager to see some pictures. I wonder if ill be the first to finish my vow at this rate :p

Hmm im eager to see some pictures. I wonder if ill be the first to finish my vow at this rate :p

Hmm im eager to see some pictures. I wonder if ill be the first to finish my vow at this rate tongue.png

Hmm im eager to see some pictures. I wonder if ill be the first to finish my vow at this rate tongue.png

Hmmm ... Maybe. :P

I have two smileys, your statement is invalid biggrin.png

fakenopic.gif

Hmmm ... Until there's some pic's backing up your claims I'll :P :P :P :P all I want. ;)

rolleyes.gif

To get this back on topic: You have stalled! And you're just two participants away from the crucial 30 for some time now... Are you gonna make it before the next weekly update on Wednesday? C'mon guys - mobilise! All your immediate rivals (BTs, BAs and Chaos) are all comfortably above to 30 benchmark!

@ Way1and: Looks good (if a bit blurry biggrin.png) - Keep it up!

@ all who have submitted a vow: You can (if you want) wear the Oath of Moment which can be found in p.1!

My little brother want's to join in but I'm hesitant to let him loose on my models.  Might have to get some off fleabay for him to destroy.

My little brother want's to join in but I'm hesitant to let him loose on my models.  Might have to get some off fleabay for him to destroy.

Go buy some Simple green or other thing that will strip the paint afterwards. Your little brother could be the difference between 29 and 30.

Come on Brothers and Sisters! We are so close.

I, Dizzyeye, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Wolf Lord, Wolf priest, Razorback, 3 packs of Grey Hunters, a Scout pack, a Long Fangs Pack and a Wolf Guard pack from Codex: Space Wolves of total value of 1198 pts on or before August 15th. Failue will mean I will wear the badge of shame for a year and lose my honouin the eyes of Russ

Seems like a good chance for a blood claw such as myself to get some of my Space Wolves done.

For Russ and the All-father!

@ Dizzyeyes: Welcome the the ETL II AND  the B&C! Your vow is - good luck and have fun!

@ mactire: Looks good so far mate - well done on the internal detail!

@ all Wolfdom: You are one participant away from 30! Will you make it before tromorrow's weekly update?

I'll bite:

I, TheLastHuzzah answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 9 TDAWGs, and Arjac Rockfist (Total 10 models) from Codex: Space Wolves of total value of 610 pts on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Space Wolves and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

I fully intended to get this posted by the 15th, but I am out of town for a few days and figured I would throw my hat in to hit our 30 for this weeks update.  I don't want to be the one to force any of my brothers to paint any green armored traitors...

Loadouts are as follows (points run through Army Builder):

3 PW/SB

2 SB/PF

1 SB/CF

1 TH/SS

1 WC/PF

1 AC/CF

Arjac

Cheers,

TheLastHuzzah

@ TheLastHuzzah: another veteran returning! Welcome TheLastHuzzah and good luck. I have put a proxy for your vow's point value of 472. Feel free to adjust it when you know the loadouts! :D

So, 30 participants. That's good. Sort of a tie. Now for every participant from now on, I'm going to paint one SW miniature. Do you think I'm going to make a 10-strong Grey Hunters? Let's see.

@ TheLastHuzzah: another veteran returning! Welcome TheLastHuzzah and good luck. I have put a proxy for your vow's point value of 472. Feel free to adjust it when you know the loadouts! biggrin.png

So, 30 participants. That's good. Sort of a tie. Now for every participant from now on, I'm going to paint one SW miniature. Do you think I'm going to make a 10-strong Grey Hunters? Let's see.

Aye, Captain. Begin thy painting of a SW miniature. :D

I, Hrafnkel, do solemnly vow to uphold the valor that my name imports, answer the call of E Tenebrae Lux II and vow to complete the following:

1 PA WG with a Combi-Plasma

1 pack of 8 Grey Hunters (Omn Pack)

- Plasmagun

- Wolf Standard

from Codex: Space Wolves for a total value of 163 pts on or before August 15th. Failure will mean I will wear the badge of shame for a year onwards and lose my honour in the eyes of Russ and the Allfather.

PS: Apologies for the low point value of the vow, I'm awaiting a shipment of SW products that might be delayed. Anyhoo, Russ himself said it takes great amounts of self-control to be as dangerous as us. As soon as I get the stuff I will update the vow accordingly.

Archived