+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Space Wolves Strategium+++

Well done Wolf Priest Redbeard - your status is updated!

Now, you have something like 28hrs before the doors close to new entrants and you are currently at 37 participants. Which means (according to my penance vow) that I need to paint 7 SWs. Will you make me use the whole box of 10? :lol:

Well done to Wolf Priest Redbeard one the 1st completion!!!

I've pestered all the SW players I know into doing a few extra models or people who are thinking of starting SW's.

So do you know anyone else who's a possible recruit?  Just a few more recruits will give us a big boost later!!!

Thank you SW1 & Captain Semper. Now when I have warmed up I will take on a bigger vow.

I Wolf Priest Redbeard vow to complete:

1 pack of 5 Wolf guard in TDA armed with 4 combi weapons, 1 assault cannon, 2 power fists, 2 wolf claws & 1 chain fist.

1 Lone Wolf in TDA with storm shield & chain fist with 2 fenrisian wolves.

And the Great Wolf himself, Logan Grimnar for a total value of 640 pts.

All of this before August 15th

Success will bring eternal glory to the Space Wolves and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Hail brothers,

it took the call some time to reach me, but now I heard, I'll answer in kind.

I, Bulweih of the Rout of Fenrys, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete

a Wolf Lord in Runic Armour, on thunderwolf mount, armed with a Frostaxe and a Stormshield, bearing a Wolftooth necklace, Meltabombs plus Wolftail Talisman and accompanied by two Fenrisian Wolves from Codex: Space Wolves of a total value of 260 pts on/or before August 15th.

Success will bring eternal glory to the Rout and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

That makes me nr. eight of cpt. Sempers pack I guess...

*Raises his waraxe in salute to his assembled brothers*

Welcome to the ETL Bulweih- good luck with your vow! You are indeed my 8th of the pack! Question is, will there be another two brave Wolf Lords to answer the call before times run out? Less than 24hrs to go!

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Ashmantle, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 5 Fenrisian Wolves and 1 Iron Priest with Wolftailtalisman and 2 Servitorthralls, one with Heavy Bolter, from Codex: Space Wolves of total value of 120 pts on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Space Wolves and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Right lads and lasses ... As you can see with the nice graphic Semper has provided for us that currently were mid table. So we need to make our average performance per entrant just over 1.6x as productive as the average DA entrant to have any realistic chance of getting ourselves on the top spot.

gallery_27176_8461_42277.jpg

I know it's a big stretch to aim for 1st place but if we don't aim high then we will never have even a slight chance of making it to the top.

So a few basics that we all need to do. Always check if your character models have a wolfs tail talisman and wolf tooth necklace on them. If between us we miss this on a total of 100 models then that's 1500 points we could miss out on (that's more than the average vow). Another sneaky thing to do is check if you have the exact same load out on a model as a special character and if they are a greater points value. If you do this and the special character is worth more points then why not do a counts as ... I've noticed this quite a few times while browsing the other chapters WIP's so let's make sure we're not short changing ourselves on the points.

If anyone else can work out anything where we could be loosing points then stick them up!!! msn-wink.gif

Let me share my experience of what the Wolves are really like:

Last year you had 36 participants. That's right, three less than this year. The DAs had 65 - that's two more than this year. You had 10 less participants compared to the BAs and and Codex and were at par with Chaos. Yet, when the final whistle blew, the SW were third after the BTs and the DAs. And up to August 7th (a week before the end) you were second, ahead of the DAs by a margin of 2.8k pts! Only a last minute frenzy on behalf of the DAs (and their far superior numbers) managed to turn the tables in the very last week.

So there is die hard and there is SWs hard!!! I have every faith, that again this year, the SWs will emerge as a significant force, far above what their numbers would suggest! Can you do top position? Difficult but possible...

In terms of tactics, you must finish your first vows early (it applies for every faction) but you must make subsequent vows in higher percentages than your rivals. Furhtermore your average vow should stand above the average of the ETL - a burden that you just have to carry - and have done so succesfully in the past. So to recap, you must do second vows and you have to go for above average value/vow.

I'm going to update every week, but should you guys want any stat that I either do not disclose in the standard format or you want it earlier than the Wednesday updates, feel free to ask!

Good luck to all of you and a very productive couple of months!

Well done Sturm! Huge vow there and impressive work - especially the Caestus! Love those red details! :o

Now for your second vow, let's see... The SWs average vow is ca. 750pts whereas the ETL average is 785pts. I'd say that, given the numerical disadvantage that you guys have, you need to aim high, above the ETL average and probably in the region of 1k pts. That is provided you 1) have access to such expensive units and 2) you will do them justice by paitning them to the best of your ability... messing up models just to score high on the ETL is just not worth it.

Now having said the above, the only way the SWs can threaten the more popoulus factions is to pledge (and complete) high-value vows!

Good luck!

I, Stinkenheim, am pleased to announce the completion of my ETL Vow.

As such I am pledging a second vow to be completed before August 15th.

That vow shall contain, Njall Stormcaller in Terminator Armour, Rune Priest in Runic Armour with wolf tooth necklace, wolf tail talisman and chooser of the slain, a Land Raider Crusader with pintle mounted storm bolter, 1 Rhino with extra armour and dozer blade and 1 Razorback with heavy bolters for a total of 785pts

At last! another completion from the SWs camp! Well done Stikenheim - your completion is recorded as is your second vow! Good luck! Also could you edit a completed pic in your post above - for easy reference?

Now SWs, will you follow Stikneheim's example and start to report your completions - or will you wait until it's too late?

Well done SW1!!! I'm updating the list and look forward for your second vow. Also could you provide a link (or the picture) by editing the post above? I've seen your completion in your WIP thread but just to keep everything tidy since I'm linking the post above in the list...

So anybody else? You'd better start completions on your first vows soon in order to create momentum and improve your chances... You're behind but not that much. Consistent work will get you guys a long way! ;)

I SW1 make the following as my 2nd Vow ...

Named Characters:

- Njal (converted to remove the CotS which will be modelled on a separate base) - 245 points

- Ragnar (counts as using the classic SW captain model) with 2 Wolves - 260 points

- Ulrik (converted to have a different plasma pistol and crozius) - 180 points

Standard Characters:

- Wolf Lord with Jump Pack, Runic Armour, Frost Blade, Wolf Tooth Neclace, Wolf Tail Talisman - 185 points

- Wolf Lord with TDA, Power Fist, Wolf Claw, Wolf Tooth Neclace, Wolf Tail Talisman, 2 Wolves - 200 points

- Wolf Lord with Runic Armour, Power Fist, Wolf Claw, Wolf Tooth Neclace, Wolf Tail Talisman, 2 Wolves - 200 points

- Wolf Lord with Runic Armour, 2x Power Fist, Wolf Tooth Neclace, Wolf Tail Talisman, 2 Wolves - 205 points

... For a total of 1,475 points from the Space Wolf Codex by the 15th of August.  If I fail I will wear the badge of shame till the end of the year.

----------------------------------------------------

Edit: Link for starting pic for my 2nd vow - http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/275819-sw1s-e-tenebrae-lux-ii-2013-vows/?p=3401375

I, Sturm Moonwolf, vow to complete as my 2nd Vow:

1 Land Raider Redeemer with Extra Armour and Pintle Mounted Multi-melta (265pts)

1 Land Raider Helios with Extra Armour and a Pintle Mounted Stormbolter (305pts)

1 Drop Pod with Deathwind Launcher (55pts)

For a total of 625pts from Codex Space Wolf and Imperial Armour Aeronautica by the 15th of August. If I fail I will wear the badge of shame until the end of the year.

Aha! Some serious activity in the SW camp! Well done guys - the SWs are certainly keepin up with their more numerous rivals. And it's great to see you re-vowing early on - it's second and consequent vows that will bring you to the top rankings, so complete as early as possible and revow before your opponents get a chance to respond! :)

started gathering the bits to be used for my RP, and discovered that he'll be worth a few points more: RP with plasmapistol, runic armour, wolftooth necklace, wolftail talisman, iow 15 pts more, iow 150

Archived