+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Space Wolves Strategium+++

Right Semper ... Quick turn around it will be ... Looking forward to seeing where we are now in the rankings.

Gonna get the GS'ing out of the way this morning and then this evening painting will happen!!!

So brothers and sisters ... Are we going to show them what we're made of?

How is everyone doing with their pledges?  Are any more close to finishing?

I am having a hell of a time converting the dark vengence librarian into a rune priest, but otherwise I am close to finished. Got his chooser of the slain all done, not like that was the hard part.

Also, I have to do all this stuff from my phone because my laptop took a crap on me a few months back. With that in mind, how do I reliably post pics on this site from my phone? Does anyone have any insight?

I am having a hell of a time converting the dark vengence librarian into a rune priest, but otherwise I am close to finished. Got his chooser of the slain all done, not like that was the hard part.

Also, I have to do all this stuff from my phone because my laptop took a crap on me a few months back. With that in mind, how do I reliably post pics on this site from my phone? Does anyone have any insight?

If you have a photobucket account there is a facility to upload from your phone.  More info on what you can do can be found here - http://photobucket.com/mobile

I've been having a look at the amount of completion's other factions have done and the total points. We have a reasonable chance of getting into 2nd place in the next week if we can get some more vows finished.

It looks like other than the DA's a lot of the factions are not pushing it and maybe they'll relax too much in July expecting a rush of completion's to carry them forward in August. Maybe the DA surge forwards has put some of them off? The other thing that I'm liking is that some of the DA players have already got onto 3rd vows. If they carry on at this rate they will either use all 5 vows up and have spare time on their hands by the end of the competition or they will have over a month left for their final vow and may over estimate what they can do meaning they then loose valuable points when the last vow isn't completed. laugh.png

Maybe we should treat July the 15th as the completion date and aim for 100% of the 1st vows to be completed by then? Or we could have some form of internal motivational game to push ourselves onward? What do you think? Is there anything that will help you complete vows quicker? Anyone struggling with painting needing advice on WIP?

What do you think of me starting a WIP thread for everyone to post pics of where they are up to?

Not a bad analysis SW1. And yes, some have progressed in subsequent vows but the real bet is to get first vow completions ASAP. Let's face it the bulk of completed points will come from first vows - the subsequent vows will give the edge but will never be enough... First vows is what really matters - especially at this stage.

And the thread your proposed already exists here . ;)

I Jbickb again answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the units below from Codex: Space Wolves of total value 1235pts on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Space Wolves and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the years end.

Njal in TDA 270

TDA wolf lord with power fist, wolf claw, wolf tooth necklace 165

RA wolf lord with power fist, wolf claw belt of russ 190

Rune priest runic armor chooser of the slain x2 260

Wolf priest runic armor 120

Lukas and 4 blood claws, one with power axe 230

Edit: the wolf preist points weren't in the total, they are now

Hyá brothers,

wanted to post the Wip pics here, on them, the Lord is still unprimed and the wolves just have one layer of color on them (hope that's ok), by now I'd say two thirds of the way done.

Maybe this weekend, we'll see.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/109756-lord-for-the-e-tenebrae-lux-challenge/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/109863-fenrisian-wolves-for-said-lord/

Good to see progress in the SWs camp!

@ jbickb: A worthy vow my brother of the furry kind! This is what I'm talking about - a second vow above the ETL average is narrowing the gap with your rivals. Provided you complete of course... ;)

due to RL being a massive pain atm - I've barely started despite being an early vower :( I shall have them finished by mid-late july though so will certainly have a 2nd vow at some point (likely to be the other 3 TWs I've got part built) but hey every little helps :)

Just finished off my 2nd vow, will have pics up later on when the phone has charged (link below). My brother should have his done when he next comes over either later on or tomorrow. thumbsup.gif

Question is does he go for a 2nd model vow or be happy he completed the 1st one and leave it at that?

Shame I didn't manage to complete my vow before the cut off yesterday for the update, it would have moved us from 6th to 3rd place. wallbash.gif

If we can get a high % 1st vow completion rate then we have a chance of getting a reasonable placing.

Edit:

Link to completed 2nd vow pic ... http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/275819-sw1s-e-tenebrae-lux-ii-2013-vows/?p=3406555

You're right on all counts. The SWs are now in 3rd position thanks to your completion. However the key lies with more first completions.

Now when you get the pics please edit them in the post above as I already linked it to the first page... ;)

Jeez SW1 you're making me look bad haha - I've done a fair amount of work in the last few days - got the armour done (now I'll be honest I'm no Iacton Qruze brothers) and the weapons have the initial layer, wolves I've started but idk as atm they look terrible so I'll probs have to repaint them, I'll have the charms and edging done within the next week and should have the wolves done or at least close to it by 15th - hopefully have the lot done by end of July and have meself a wee but more for August... So I may even hit 1200 pts by the end if I vow my unmade TWC as Lords ;)

Lol ... I' just starting mate I'm hoping to hit the 5k mark by the time this is finished.  That's "if" I can source enough pads for the model I have.  :P

More than happy to send some across although mine are relatively plain haha - mancunian be you? me mrs is :)

OT - I will hopefully have a Contemptor ordered this evening so once I finish these wolfies it'll be him and perhaps some more wolfies for my 2nd and perhaps last vow haha - still I should be able to hit 350-400pts between them :)

Ai ... I'm a Manc.  :)

If you have spare pads they'd be welcome.  Trying to press mould some normal pads with a wolf symbol currently.

I have a few about - I can certainly see what I can do :) postage isn't too bad from London - plain ones alright? PM me chap...

I have ordered mine Contemptor - it shall be lovingly converterised as my 1st FW model and will (hopefully considering it's not far from Notts to London) turn up sometime in the next coupla weeks - I shall have it either wrecking face or more likely taking a leaf from one I saw on here recently obliterating a building...

I SW1 make the following as my 3rd vow:

- Wolf Priest with Jump Pack, Runic Armour, Plasma Pistol, Wolf Tail Talisman, Wolf Tooth Necklace, Melta Bombs ... 180 points
- Rune Priest with Jump Pack, Runic Armour, Wolf Tail Talisman, Wolf Tooth Necklace, Melta Bombs, Chooser of the Slain ... 175 points
- Iron Priest with 2 Cyberwolves, Wolf Tail Talisman, Wolf Tooth Necklace ... 95 points
- Iron Priest, Wolf Tail Talisman, Wolf Tooth Necklace ... 65 points
- 5 Scouts with 2 Plasma Pistols ... 105 points
- 5 Scouts with 2 Plasma Pistols ... 105 points
- 5 Wolf Guard with 5 Jump Packs, 5 pairs Wolf Claws ... 365 points
- 5 Wolf Guard with 5 Jump Packs, 5 Thunder Hammers, 5 Storm Shields ... 465 points
- Lukas ... 155 points

For a total value of 1,710 points from the Space Wolf Codex by the 15th of August.  If I fail I will wear the badge of shame for the rest of the year.

Edit: Link for my starting pics - http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/275819-sw1s-e-tenebrae-lux-ii-2013-vows/?p=3408273

Archived