+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Space Wolves Strategium+++

Of course it's fine mactire. You'll be doing tons of work and you more than deserve the points of a LS. In fact I'll go the extar step and award you Land Raider points for it - it's only fair. Do we have a deal? :)

What's this I see Space Wolves and Dark Angels cooperating hmmm very nice.

To be honest seems fair, as painting a land speeder and a storm raven are two completely different undertakings, a land raider and a storm raven are about the same.

Say what you like about Semper but you cant say he is not a fair man

Of course it's fine mactire. You'll be doing tons of work and you more than deserve the points of a LS. In fact I'll go the extar step and award you Land Raider points for it - it's only fair. Do we have a deal? smile.png

Cheers captain i know its not codex legal but i like the model. Land raider points seem more than fair, and to show good sport i'll cost it at the lowest possible land raider variant, promise to post some interior pics, just waiting on some ordered bits from FW and GW then my vow will be ready.

Also YAK we may not trust each other but we are first foundingsmsn-wink.gif

Hey Arez, good to see ya!

As for Titans, yeah, you need to vow for the Ad Mech forum.... Look forward for your vow!

alright no titan then,I'm most likely not taking part this year :/

Sorry to hear that Arez... Why aren't you vowing your Titan for the Mechanicus? It'll be a great opportunity to finish it off... It's not like the Wolves can benefit from it anyway! :)

I debated on entering this, because I lack the free time I had during last year's event, and much of my Wolf army is now painted...so i decided on a conservative vow this time!

“I Wolf Lord Kieran, the Talon of Fenris, again answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete:

190-Grey Hunters x 10, Flamer, Melta Gun, power sword, MotW, Wolf Standard     

200-Grey Hunters x 10, Flamer, Melta Gun, power fist, MotW, Wolf Standard

315-Blood Claws x 10, Lukas the Trickster, power fist, Flamer

270-Thunderwolf Cav x 3, Storm Shields x 3, Thunder Hammer x 1

255-Land Raider Redeemer, Extra Armor
225-Wolf Lord, Runic Armor, Belt of Russ, Frost Axe, Wolf Tooth Necklace, Wolf Tail Talisman, Melta Bombs, Saga of the Bear
200-Land Speeder x 2, multi-melta x 2, assault cannon x 2

140-Vindicator Tank x 1, siege shield, extra armor

150-Wolf Priest, plasma pistol, runic armor, melta bombs, wolf tooth necklace, wolf tail talisman

145-Wolf Scouts x 5, plasma pistols x 2, plasma gun, melta bombs

from Codex: Space Wolves of total value 2090 pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Fang and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

WLK

EDIT: link where my models will be posted. I just updated my post from last year.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/252797-wlks-e-tenebrae-lux-vow-paint-blog-and-etl-part-2-vow/page-5

I, Sturm Moonwolf, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

5 Wolf Guard Terminators (TDA, Heavy Flamer, 4 combi-meltas, 2 wolf claws, 2 Chainfists, Frost Axe) 240pts

5 Fenrisian Wolves 40pts

1 Caestus Assault Ram (Ceramite Plating) 295pts

1 Land Raider Helios (Extra Armour) 295pts

from Codex Space Wolves and Imperial Armour Aeronautica of total value 870 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to Vlka Fenryka and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Wow! The Champion of Champions finally made his appearence! Good to see you WLK - I'm sure you'll be able to motivate your brothers to new heights of enthusiasm.

@ Sturm Moonwolf: great vow there Space Wolf - I'm looking forward for that Caestus! :yes:

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Nope. Scratchbuilds are not allowed as the quality and effort involved in the end result can vary wildly from one participant to the next. I want to avoid the situation where I have to pass judgement on other people's work and have unesessary disputes. Also Thunderhawks do not carry the 40k seal - a prerequisite for the ETL... Sorry. :(

I, ErikThunderclaws, Blood Claw and whelp of the Rout answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

• 1 Wolf Priest with Wolf Tooth Necklace, Melta Bomb and Wolf Tail Talisman (120)
  • 2 Dreadnoughts with Wolf Tail Talisman and Wolf Tooth Necklace, (240)
  • 3 Lone Wolves (Thunderhammer + Chainfist; Thunderhammer + Storm Shield; 2 Wolf Claws) with two Fenrisian Wolves each (295)
  • 4 Thunderwolves Cavalry with Frost Axe and four Storm Shields (345)

from Codex: Space Wolves of total value 1000 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Vlka Fenryka and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

For Russ, for the Allfather!

Edit: here is the WIP post (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/275751-etlii-wip-the-first-vow-ever/)

Hope this works Brothers. With a little rain ending my long weekend plans earlier then expected, here are the before pics for my vow. Hoping to make an early start on my vow to get things going. There is also a pic of a pack of Blood Claws in there but disregard those. They are for my next vow. ( I found enough models after I made my 1st vow-oh well. LOL!!)

Nope. Scratchbuilds are not allowed as the quality and effort involved in the end result can vary wildly from one participant to the next. I want to avoid the situation where I have to pass judgement on other people's work and have unesessary disputes. Also Thunderhawks do not carry the 40k seal - a prerequisite for the ETL... Sorry. sad.png

Errm... How do heavy conversions fall on this? My Wolf Priest vow is a conversion using pieces from a couple of different kits (Chaos Warrior Torso, Space Wolf Pack bits, Aquila from the Command Squad backpacks for the Crozius Arcanum, and various bits of fluff from codex marine boxes like Purity Seals). Mind you, GW doesn't actually make an official Wolf Priest model.

Nope. Scratchbuilds are not allowed as the quality and effort involved in the end result can vary wildly from one participant to the next. I want to avoid the situation where I have to pass judgement on other people's work and have unesessary disputes. Also Thunderhawks do not carry the 40k seal - a prerequisite for the ETL... Sorry. sad.png

Errm... How do heavy conversions fall on this? My Wolf Priest vow is a conversion using pieces from a couple of different kits (Chaos Warrior Torso, Space Wolf Pack bits, Aquila from the Command Squad backpacks for the Crozius Arcanum, and various bits of fluff from codex marine boxes like Purity Seals). Mind you, GW doesn't actually make an official Wolf Priest model.

Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that as long as you are using GWS parts to make it rather than scratch building the entire thing then you're ok. So if you are just kit bashing from several different kits then it will be fine.

What SW1 said.

Conversions are actively encouraged. At least that way we have a starting reference (the GW origianal model). What I want to avoid is having one participant scratchbuilding a Land Raider to GW standards and another guy using a cola can with a straw claiming it's a Leman Russ... So by all means, do convert but choose something from the Codex (or something from FW that has the 40k seal of approval).

As an alternative, you may consider the out-of-competition entries. These do not contribute points to any faction but allow the participants to use the ETL deadlines, present their work in the ETL threads and generally have as good a time as any other participant. Out-of-competition entries are also eligible for the much sought after "Badge of the Artisan".

In short scratchbuilds are out, conversions (even the heavy ones) are in. A unit should be either from the Codex or from FW but with the 40k seal... Otherwise its an out-of-competition entry.

Hope this helps.

OK brothers how about we whip up a few more entries as we're 2nd to last in total entrants and overall points. 

A vow can be a single unit or character to an entire army.  So if you've got anything SW flavoured in need of some paint brush attention you've got 3 weeks to make a pledge.

I'm definitely going to vow some Wolves (it's what motivated me to join the board!), I just need to take some time to assess how much I can honestly paint in time. An incomplete vow helps no one. As slow as I paint, I may not be able to contribute too much to the bottom line, but I will do my part for the Rout!

I Wolf Priest Redbeard answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Vindicator with a Siege Shield from Codex: Space Wolves of total value 125 on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Space Wolves and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

I was gonna make a much bigger wow but my minis have yet to show up. Guess I´ll take this one as a warm up for things to come.

F

Exactly Redbeard! The important thing is to get in the game now - if you can add more later so much the better. Experience has shown that the difference between good and bad performance of a faction is the completion ratio of first vows. Later vows are useful but the really important ones are the first vows, because... you cannot make a second vow unless you've completed a first vow. :lol:

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived