+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Ultramarines Strategium+++

Evening 

Heres a quick update 

All but two of the squad are ready for final highlighting and detailing and the bases are done. I should be able to hand this in by the end of June. 

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f372/rbrewster101/IMG_0331_zps92aa94e5.jpg

If we need points what next? 

Ive a land speeder typhoon, storm and FW chaplain Dreadnought which are unpainted. Im thinking go for the dreadnought next followed by the land speeder. Ive a feeling given the speed that I paint It will take me over a month to paint the scouts on the storm before we start. 

Brothers, I want to vow but I do not own the C:SM so can you please give me the points value for the following:

1 tactical squad with flamer, misile launcher and sergeant with chainsword.

1 dreadnought with fusion canon.

Also, the WIP do I have to post it here or to I have to create a new thread?

Allright I got my pts question answered so here I go:

I Anaziel answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 dreadnought (105 pts) and 1 tactical squad (170) from Codex: Space Marines of total value of 275pts on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Ultramarines and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Lets do this for Guilliman! Ill get the WIP thread up and running tomorrow.

Its good to have you on board Anaziel. Ive been following your thread and they are good looking minis. 

Hopefully someone can answer me this. 

What loadout on a chaplain dread would give me most points. 

Also this is probably one for the mods, Ive an ebay purchased Landraider that Ive cleaned up but its in its base coat stage. There are no hatches, weapons or sponsons attached so can I enter this?

C'mon, completed stuff please... It won't be fair to someone who actually paints a complete LR. If you can attach the sponson weapons I can let the hatches go, but no weapons? :no:

The only middle ground that I can think of is to give you a 50% penalty on it. Harsh, I know, but I'd rather I do this than create unesessary disputes.

As for your Chaplain Dread question check your PM. ;)

Hail Brothers! I have vowed to carry Guilliman's standard forward this year. Unfortunately, I am still trying to strip some models, and I cannot make my vow until I know exactly how good this stripping process is going to be. But Im hoping for quite a bit, in the area of 1000 points all told!!! I really am trying to redo a lot of my stuff. 

Ill update soon, brother smurfs!!!

C'mon, completed stuff please... It won't be fair to someone who actually paints a complete LR. If you can attach the sponson weapons I can let the hatches go, but no weapons? no.gif

The only middle ground that I can think of is to give you a 50% penalty on it. Harsh, I know, but I'd rather I do this than create unesessary disputes.

As for your Chaplain Dread question check your PM. msn-wink.gif

Massive misunderstanding all started by my confusing post. I wouldnt submit an incomplete entry.

What I meant to demonstrate is the LR is in a bare bones state. Ive got brand new las sponsons and hatches and tech marine etc. Its just the main body has been base coated.

Captain did you catch Anaziel's vow? The post above UltraRich's query?

Just got a long distance comms message from Scout Sergeant Rull, he thinks you might of missed it....

Did I say the list was updated post Anaziel's post? :P

I'm suffering of continuous time outs of the boards and can't function properly all day today... When things normalise I'll do the updates.

Oh, and look for your scouts. You won't be hearing from them again.

Ah I see, sorry just thought you updated each time you had a browse. Not being pushy just trying to help out with your monumental task if I can biggrin.png

Same here with the timeouts been like this all day. I cant even do any painting as I am away from base.

As for my scouts they only let themselves get caught intentionally. I would check their cells you will most likely find them empty again.

In fact I've just had another report through. Hmmm very interesting... Its about a couple of occupants you have got hidden away down there. Wait till this news gets out, not sure the High Lords of Terra will be to pleased...

@ Anaziel: You're in mate - good luck! Make Guliman proud. :D

@ The Yak: Seriously, I appreciate your scouting! The task is indeed monumental  and oversights may happen. So keep sending those 10th Company kamikazis - after all it IS one way trip for them. :D

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I've a DIY sucessor chapter to the Ultras, can I pledge them here? There may even be some genuine Ultras added to the pledge. I also have a tactical squad with half the members base coated, and one guy has the next coat started. That ok or is it too far done to count?

@ Bigger-than-Jesus: This is how it works: UMs, IAs and LAs are all the same faction for ETL purposes and support the Codex: SMs. So If you use the C:SMs to "price" your units then you may choose freely between the three aforementioned forums... In your case it seems appropriate to go for UMs - since your Chapter is a succesor of them... Also from your description, the squad seems fine... Go ahead and vow it! And good luck! ;)

I, Bigger-than-Jesus, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 dreadnought (125pts), Captain Cato Sicarius(200), 1 master of the forge(115pts), and 1 tactical squad (210pts) from Codex: Space Marines of total value of 650pts on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Ultramarines and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

A breakdown of each unit, to show where the numbers come from. Sicarius is actually for the Ultras and is a commission model, the others are standard minis and for my DIY Ultra Successor.

Dreadnought-125pts.

Assault cannon, Heavy flamer

Tacical squad-210pts.

Missile Launcher, Plasma gun. Sergeant armed with Plasma pistol and Power sword.

Master of the forge-115pts.

Power Axe

Brothers, I have an announcement. I've decided that as a bit of extra reward to those within the Codex Chapters, i'm going to make an additional vow.

Before ETL started, I was pondering what I wanted to get paint for it this year. I knew I wanted to do a few characters and a few units. The first two units, Sternguard and Legion of the Damned, were nothing special. But for my third unit I wanted to do a Deathwatch Kill Team that I could use as allies for my various Imperial forces. This Kill Team, however, won't be done as part of ETL, as although i'd like to think I could get three 10 man units painted, in reality it'll be one 10 man unit and a number of individual characters, because i'm a slow painter and am going for quality over quantity (ie, the Artisan banner).

So far no real connection to ETL, or you guys.

The Vow

What i've decided to do is open up half of the Kill Team's details to public opinion. The top five participants in terms of total points of completed vows from the Codex Chapters (Liber Astartes, Index Astartes and Ultramarines) will each get to pick a member of the Kill Team and choose some details about him. In order to count the vows must all have been completed to ETL standard (so, for example if you complete your first four vows but not your fifth, it won't count). I want this to be something for the people who make the really big effort for ETL and contribute a lot to the Codex Chapter faction and to encourage everyone to get all of their vows finished.

My additional vow
will be that once ETL is finished I will paint up these five members (along with the rest of the Kill Team) in a reasonable time frame and post pictures for all to see.

The top 5 will get to pick the from the following options:

- Chapter of Origin.
The Brother will be a member of the Deathwatch, so will be painted in the Deathwatch uniform, but will have one shoulder pad painted in his parent Chapter's colours, with either a molded or free hand Chapter symbol. This may be from any Chapter*, not just Codex Chapters. You can pick your favourite Chapter**, the Chapter you vowed for ETL or another different Chapter. It can be a Chapter from one of the other forums, whether the main Chapter or one of their subsequent foundings. There are however, two restrictions on this. The Chapter must be loyalist. Sorry Astral Claws, Soul Drinkers etc, you'll just have to pick a different Chapter. Secondly there is only one member of any given Chapter within the Kill Team. I've already picked two members, but one is a home brew and the other is from a Chapter none of you will pick in a bazillion years, so no worries there. If your favourite Chapter is already gone, then i'll ask you to pick another one.

- Rank.
There are four ranks available - Assault Sergeant, Assault Brother, Tactical Sergeant, Tactical Brother. All of the ranks are limited (only one of each Sergeant, four Assault Brothers and three Tactical Brothers). There is also a Librarian leading the entire Kill Team, but he is already spoken for.

- Load Out.
There are various load outs available. Obviously there will be a limit on load outs depending on the Rank your Marine is within the Kill Team. For example, a Tactical Brother can't be armed with a pair of Lightning Claws. But, there are enough options that everybody involved will get the chance to pick a Marine with some kind of unique weaponry.

- Backgound.
I've not decided whether i'm going to give each Kill Team member a back story and if I do, it'll likely be a collection of random ideas about where the Brother came from and some details about his character etc, rather than an elegantly crafted piece of prose. I'm opening this up to you guys as well. If you want to do some background for your chosen Kill Team member then go ahead. It can be as detailed or as vague as you like and i'm happy to discuss ideas and work on it with you.

- Conversion.
I'm hoping to do some small conversions to these Marines. At the very least they'll all get a Deathwatch shoulder pad and elbow shield. Where appropriate they'll have Deathwatch specific weaponry as well. I want to make each squad member as unique as possible, so if you have some ideas for conversions or elements that you'd like included in the model then i'm happy to try my best to incorporate them. This will be things like weaponry, helmets, armour Mk, trinkets and honour badges. I'm going to reserve the right to choose poses myself, as I want to keep the two parts of the Kill Team coherent. I'd also like most of the Marines to be helmeted, but if it's appropriate for your Chapter of choice I don't mind doing one or two unhelmeted squad members.

- Name.
As long as it's in keeping with your chosen Chapter and not the name of a well known character, anything goes. I will be naming the other members. I already have Brother de Firenze as one member.

Rules & Restrictions

Choices are on a first come, first served basis, starting with the Frater that completed the largest vow. If your Chapter/Rank/Load Out of choice is already gone, sorry, but your going to have to choose a different one.

Participation is voluntary. You don't have to choose a Chapter for this Kill Team. If your in the top 5 but don't want to take part that's cool, i'll just default down to the top 6 etc. If you just want to pick some of the options (for example, Chapter of Origin, Rank, Name and Loud Out, but not Background or Conversion) then that's fine too. I'll just finish off the rest.

The squad is still mine. I'm not actually giving away any Deathwatch Marines. If your in the top 5, you just get the option to choose some details about one member of the Kill Team, not actually get the model for that member of the Kill Team. I know most people will realise that, but I wanted to put it in black and white to avoid any confusion.

The Kill Team is actually an 11 man Team, but I want to keep some of the choices open for myself to pick Chapters, based on ones I like or cool conversions I want to do. I'll make my choices after everyone else though. One way or another, there will be a Dark Angel, as they are the hosts of ETL it seems only fitting that one is included, whether as my choice or someone elses.

Remember, this is just for fun and to help get people enthused for ETL. So if you'd like the idea of a member of your chosen Chapter gracing the gaming tables of sunny Manchester (no really, it's sunny here today), get vowing and get painting smile.png.

* with regards to Liber Astartes. I'm not sure what to do about homebrew Chapters yet. I like some of them but there may be some I don't like. I'll probably open it up and say homebrew allowed, with the caveat of if I really don't like your chosen Chapter I reserve the right to ask you to choose another.... I don't particularly want Brother Sparkleocalypse of the Groovy Unicorns gracing my table anytime soon. But there's definitely some very cool homebrew Chapters that you guys have come up with that i'd be honoured to have serving in my Deathwatch Kill Team.

**I already have parts for a Ravenguard conversion for one Deathwatch member. Yes, i'm talking to you! tongue.png

So I have updated the matrix.

The format is as follows: change from last time is will be noted in (xxx) format

Forum total pointed vowed points completed vows tota

Black templar 36,214 (+5,378) 0 (+ 0) 36 (+ 9)

BloodAngels 30,226 (+1,871) 245 (+ 245) 35 (+ 4)

DarkAngels 35,617 (+5,705) 4,226 (+1,786) 55 (+ 7)

Index Astartes 21,581 (+6,848) 1,301 (+ 140) 33 (+ 8)

Liber Astartes 9,995 (+ 0) 70 (+ 70) 10 (+ 1)

Space Wolves 24,836 (+9,708) 0 (+ 0) 30 (+13)

Ultramarines 5,440 (+ 925) 230 (+ 230) 12 (+ 2)

Chaos Legions 37,646 (+5,233) 2,946 (+1,795) 44 (+ 9)

Grey Knights 3,300 (+4,706) 0 (+ 0) 8 (+ 4)

Sisters of Battle 4,956 (+1,142) 0 (+ 0) 8 (+ 1)

Imperial Guard 7,806 (+ 170) 0 (+ 0) 6 (+ 1)

Adep Mechanicus 375 (+ 0) 0 (+ 0) 1 (+ 0)

Horus Heresy 6,852 (+6,198) 920 (+ 920) 13 (+ 5)

total points vowed points completed vows total

total for Codex chapters 43,864 (+ 7,773) 1,601 (+440) 55 (+11)

total for Vive Imperium 21,313 (+ 6,073) 0 (+ 0) 25 (+ 8)

Total among all forums 248,512 (+47,925) 9,938 (+5,186) 291 (+64)

My apologies for not making an update sooner than this one. There has been a lot going on with me finishing up stage 1 of my vow, work, starting a business and designing the bases and such for it. Also having been hit at work and not being able to see out my left eye was no help.

The current standing for the top 5 factions with the most points vowed are as followed:

1: Codex Chapters (Liber, Index, Ultras)

2: Chaos Legions

3: Black Templars

4: Dark Angels

5: Blood Angels

Last time I posted the Dark Angels were 500 points behind us from total vows, now we stand with over 8,000 pts ahead of them and barely over 6,000 pts over the Chaos guys

We are starting to get some activity in the Liber and Ultras forums again. Thanks to the Real Marine (or at least the only one I’m aware of) in the Liber forum, WarAngel has giving you guys your first completed points (BTW WarAngel did you make your second vow yet because it has not counted if you did). And over in the Ultras, Thanks to diceman they got their first completed 230 pts!

We are all going great with this challenge. There is still 10 days (11 depending on where you live) to get some new recruits. So do what you can to get them in the challenge.

Until the next update, This is JIRT out.

Archived