+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Ultramarines Strategium+++

i updated my WIP post, ive got a fair bit of progress made, ive given myself until the ultra-meet (3 weeks time) to get this lot done.. its going to be tight

unfortunately i ran out of black spray so i had to undercoat 40 models by hand

I guess I should do an update too. Not really where I was hoping to have been after a month, but seeing as my other planned vows are single models I can afford another month working on these guys and still have time to do the full five vows.

Chaplin

gallery_61651_8231_12220.jpg

Sternguard (Sergeant, combi-melta and combi-plasma)

gallery_61651_8231_7349.jpg

Sternguard (3 x bolter)

gallery_61651_8231_18591.jpg

Sternguard (bolter, meltagun)

gallery_61651_8231_31799.jpg

Sternguard (combi-flamer, heavy flamer)

gallery_61651_8231_16638.jpg

As far as I know, I have fulfilled the criteria for a vow completion, so here is Vow Number TWO:

I AQUILANUS, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete ONE Ironclad Dreadnought, ONE five Marine Assault Squad and ONE Chaplain on "Cold One" mount (Counts as Marine bike) from Codex: Space Marines of total value of 465pts on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Rainbow Warriors and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Taste the Rainbow!

As far as I know, I have fulfilled the criteria for a vow completion

...and so you have! The completion is registered as is your second vow! thumbsup.gif

I got a bit mixed up because you reported IA, then edited it out - I thought you had second thoughts... Then I remebered: wait a minute! Aquilanus should be reporting in the UM strategium! And here you were!

Well done brother - am tasting the Rainbow as we speak! biggrin.png

As far as I know, I have fulfilled the criteria for a vow completion

...and so you have! The completion is registered as is your second vow! thumbsup.gif

I got a bit mixed up because you reported IA, then edited it out - I thought you had second thoughts... Then I remebered: wait a minute! Aquilanus should be reporting in the UM strategium! And here you were!

Well done brother - am tasting the Rainbow as we speak! biggrin.png

The dangers of having 5+ topics open in separate tabs laugh.png

Thanks Captain, am off to make my first post for Vow Two! happy.png

mmm skittles, the taste of victory

laugh.png

First post for Vow 2

it actually depends on your colour pallette, what your painting etc.

if its a sharp highlight, like a flaming gemstone, then yellow would give you a nice effect, for flatter areas of armour, perhaps a less stark highlight would be better

Evening Everyone

As everyone else is cracking on with their Vow I thought Id get going with mine

Here is an update. 

Ive nearly finished the 5 marines (the one in front was finished before) so Ive the last one to do after these are complete.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f372/rbrewster101/Untitled-1copy-16_zps17400049.jpg

My next vow arrived from ebay today so Im keen to get these done asap

Nice, clean job there mate! The white is especially smooth happy.png Love the colours on the Libby! happy.png

Nice, clean job there mate! The white is especially smooth happy.png Love the colours on the Libby! happy.png

Thanks

Just got the sword to do but Im scared of making a mess of it so its going to be left until last

You guys can expect to see my first vow completed some time next week.  I have my second drop pod to finish and that is it.  I will be posting all the goodies on here, but felt you guys deserved an update of my progress.

Archived