+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Chaos Legios Strategium+++

I'm gonna need to borrow a friend's camera to take pictures of my stuff, the best I can do with my laptop's camera comes out really grainy, and I don't have very good lighting at my house. Regardless, I'd like to get in on this stuff, it seems like fun.

I [Phytoon] answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete [One Daemon Prince of Slaanesh] from [codex: Chaos Space Marines] of total value [260] on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to [slaanesh, the God of Rock] and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

Warning, the soon-to-come before picture is primed in black, and I can't get the lighting right. I'll post a better before pic when I can manage, but until then, all I can give you is a low-res version.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o148/Phytoon/E%20Tenebrae%20Lux%20II/Picture0012.jpg?t=1368638514

Edit: Used the proper vow format

I hope I'm putting this in the right place, what with my stuff being Daemon's and not Marines...

I Chaplainmikey answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete [1 FW Bloodthirster, 1 Daemon Prince and 10 Bloodletters] from [Codex: Daemons] of total value [580pts] on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to [Khorne, lord of Skulls] and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

This should keep me busy for at least a good month or so but i'm really determined to complete this vow. First time for everything I suppose! :P

I'll have a WIP thread, with starting pics, up shortly.

Mike.

NO! NOOOOOO! Why did this have to start AFTER I'd basecoated my Havocs!? Hell, now I have to find something else to do do...

WAIT WAIT WAIT I GOT IT

I, Odsox, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Chaos Rhino with Dozer Blade from Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value 40 points, on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to Khorne and the Doomseekers and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Well, it's a start!

Hopefully I can get that and my Havocs finished in time to contribute something truly worthy...

Od.

So, my understanding is we're allowed to make a thread in the WIP board for this event, correct? Basically to track our progress and the like. I certainly need the motivation should I decide to make additional vows.

I've already got five vows mapped out. Five squads that I've been needing to paint forever, so they're mostly assembled and I've got a short mental parts list to complete what I've still got left to go. I'll do them squad by squad, ten models each, so I'll have an idea as I go along how much time each should take me. Maybe I'll bump up the last vow if I make good time, or if I'm going slow or life gets in the way I'll know when to stop upping my ante. If I get all five vows in as planned I'll have contributed just over 1500 points.

I feel like I've got a solid, reasonable plan. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens, and it would be good to get even one of these long languishing projects finished.

I have 2 - 3 vows planned. Sadly my I womn´t be allowed to do my heldrake (Built out of fantasy Zombie Dragon) as it violates Forum rules, if I don´t make it more biomechanical (Bah). :D

So It´ll mainly be cultists for me first because I need them for a tournie. Then maybe 30 Plague Marines as a last vow

Here goes

I Teutonicavenger answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete from codex: Chaos Space Marines

5 Nurgle Terminators (death shroud)

2 squads of 10 Nurgle Space Marines

1 Hellbrute

7 Nurgle Havocs

Nurgle Sorcerer on Palanquin of Nurgle

2 chaos lords

1 chaos biker lord

Chaos spartan assault tank

4 Nurgle Bikes

13 Plague marines

Chaos Vindicator

Herald of Nurgle

20 plague bearers

3 nurglings bases

Defiler

to a total of 3216pts on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to Nurgle, Lord of Decay and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

Changed it so I'm doing one big vow my Forgeworld stuff arrived so

have a WIP which a started a week ago http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/275163-the-risen-dead-heralds-of-salvation-wip/ got a few pics of the sorcerer so far should have more next week

I, Chaeron, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a total of 20 Death Guard Plague Marines (including Aspiring Champion with Lightning Claw, Icon Of Despair and two Plasma Guns) from Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value 535 Points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to The Fallen and Godfather Nurgle and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame and to rot silently like the corpse emperor until the year-end.

*Adjusted 15/06/13 to account for the amissal of the Icon of Despair

I nurglez answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete warsmith placeholder (count as Huron), 6 chosen (3melta, 2 flamer + combi flamer) and 10 chaos spacemarines (melta, lascannon and combi melta) from Codex: chaos space marines of total value 513 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to Perturabo and the Iron Warriors and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

@ TheWarmaster: Of course you are welcome to make an ETL thread in the WIP section!  Just link it to your vow thread for easy reference. Good luck.

OK team Chaos you're doing well... You're still missing a mega vow but you building up your numbers - which is what matters in this stage! Well done and keep it up!  

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, HJL, Dark Apostle answer the call of E Tenebres Lux, and vow to the Diabolical Pantheon to paint:

1 Chaos Sorcerer

Force Axe, lvl 3, sigil, MoT, spell familiar.

5 Chaos Havocs

4x missile launchers

5 Chaos Havocs

4x heavy bolters

10 pink horrors

Total - 510pts

editted

Quick question, my apologies if I've missed the answer in the thread... as I'm competing specifically for Nurgle, what are the rules concerning me adding say, Plaguebearers or Nurglings into my future vows? Is this allowed, as long as everything I add is Nurgle?

It's just I can technically see this is using the ally rules. Just wondering. 

You can add anything you want to your vows, as long as it is csm or cd. You can vow it to a god if you so wish, there wasn´t any talk about having to mark your units accordingly ;). So you could technically also add units devoted to a different god (Although there is only one truly benevolent god, and that is the godfather of us all, Nurgle)

Correct me if I´m wrong please ;).

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c274/hjlamont/IMG_3072_zps9d81692e.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c274/hjlamont/IMG_3081_zps8ac4fe28.jpg

@ TheWarmaster: Of course you are welcome to make an ETL thread in the WIP section!  Just link it to your vow thread for easy reference. Good luck.

OK team Chaos you're doing well... You're still missing a mega vow but you building up your numbers - which is what matters in this stage! Well done and keep it up!  

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

My thread is here Captain: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/262615-rebuilding-a-legion-160513-plague-marines-etlii-vow/

What do we consider a mega-vow? I mean, for my next one, I could put like 1500+pts... but is that reasonable?

I believe we had a 2150 point vow by wolflord kieran last etl. And he added on to that once or twice aswell I believe. I may be mixing up names though ;). There were a lot of vows at 2k points for the wolves last time around.

I will quite hit that mark if the first Oath goes well. I have a whole army to paint, 2500 points in excess. At least my Daemonettes and Noise Marine kits have arrived, to bad that the special highlight and the Obliterators are still in transit. If all goes to plan tomorrow I begin to unpack and assemble. 

After joining the forum briefly for the last Call of Chaos, failing miserably as real-life took over and I forgot my vows to the Chaos Gods, I feel this is a chance to redeem some favour. And I'll finally actually get on to this Forum and keep my WIP thread up to date! So here goes:

I, Anturis, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

1 Chaos Lord - with Terminator Armour, Combi-Melta and Murder Sword

1 Dark Apostle

from Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value 255 points on or before August 15th.
Success will bring eternal glory to The Black Legion and Chaos Undivided and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

Pics will come tomorrow.

Archived