+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Chaos Legios Strategium+++

I believe we had a 2150 point vow by wolflord kieran last etl. And he added on to that once or twice aswell I believe. I may be mixing up names though msn-wink.gif. There were a lot of vows at 2k points for the wolves last time around.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have our target to beat ;)

Well last year Steve Shields did over 9000 points for chaos. I wonder where he's hiding.. or if he has any models that are yet unpainted lol.

Also, if we are looking to maximize profits here, don't forget that you can do a lot with some extra "bolter bodies" in a squad even if that's not how you'd necessarily run them in a game. Two havoc squads with a few bolter men would be worth more than 2 havoc squads and a seprate squad of plain marines. However, for things like bikes it's better to do two squads of 3 than 1 squad of 6. We can do quite a bit just by breaking our units up in smart sections. The mentioned 20 with a mark would go further if it were 4 squads of 5 since you have the 3 extra champions to pay for there.

Another way to maximise points painted is give all your champion melta bombs, gifts of mutation etc as every little bit helps

Hey captain Semper is it ok if I change my vow as all my stuff from forgeworld has arrived so might just do it all in one vow about 3268pts

I have a plan for 3 vows at the moment and it will depend on how quick will I be with my first one and when the bits arrive for my Raptors.

The major flaw is the holiday with my wife... it will be a week with no progress :-)

Another way to maximise points painted is give all your champion melta bombs, gifts of mutation etc as every little bit helps

Just a heads up before any of you do this.

Remember all of that stuff has to be modeled on. So if your thinking of adding melta bombs or gifts of mutation to all of your champions, your literally going to have to paint and glue melta bombs to all of your champions and I assume, convert them all to be mutated. Unless you actually want to play all of your games with every champion kitted out like this, your then going to have to rip all that stuff off afterwards and ruin the painting sad.png. Something to bear in mind.

I would also wish you good luck, but it seems wrong to be encouraging corrupted traitors. I might catch a lergy or something.

What the hell, good luck to you all :).

Here are my before shots for my first Vow! My Chaos Lord and his Dark Apostle Lackey:

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t303/Ant121088/LordBaseWIP2_zps25aab511.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t303/Ant121088/ApostleBase_zps3e9cd1a7.jpg

So plenty of activity here... I have a strong feeling that Chaos will go for the top position this year... msn-wink.gif

So let's see

Quick question, my apologies if I've missed the answer in the thread... as I'm competing specifically for Nurgle, what are the rules concerning me adding say, Plaguebearers or Nurglings into my future vows? Is this allowed, as long as everything I add is Nurgle?

It's just I can technically see this is using the ally rules. Just wondering.

Fisrt of all you're competing for Chaos - not Nurgle. That means you have two Codices to choose from (CSMs and Chaos Demons) and you can do so even within the same vow. All units in those two Codices are fair game. The fact that you go specificly for Nurgle it's absolutely fine - but has only cosmetic value for the purposes of the ETL - like a just-for-fun thing to add a bit of flavor and see which God's followers will contribute the most (Undivided is also an option).

You can add anything you want to your vows, as long as it is csm or cd. You can vow it to a god if you so wish, there wasn´t any talk about having to mark your units accordingly msn-wink.gif. So you could technically also add units devoted to a different god (Although there is only one truly benevolent god, and that is the godfather of us all, Nurgle)

Correct me if I´m wrong please msn-wink.gif.

You are not wrong - therefore I'm not correcting you. biggrin.png

Just to point out though that if you add a specific Mark in your vow you'd better make it evident through painting and/or modelling that it's there... msn-wink.gif

What do we consider a mega-vow? I mean, for my next one, I could put like 1500+pts... but is that reasonable?

Well, a Mega-vow is a semi official term to denote vows of more than 1,000 pts. This term was developed last year, but as I can see some huge commitments this year I beleive the term "Tera-vows" should be introduced... laugh.png

I believe we had a 2150 point vow by wolflord kieran last etl. And he added on to that once or twice aswell I believe. I may be mixing up names though msn-wink.gif. There were a lot of vows at 2k points for the wolves last time around.

Last year's ETL Champion of Champions the mightiest of Wolf Lords the Great WLK managed the highest SINGLE vow last year of no less than 3,999pts. pirate.gif This is the target beat! nuke.gif

Well last year Steve Shields did over 9000 points for chaos. I wonder where he's hiding.. or if he has any models that are yet unpainted lol.

Indeed! Steve Shields did the most points OVERALL of the entire ETL last year (i.e. adding all vows together). The exact total was 9,408pts woot.gif Another target to beat! geek.gif

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Ammonius answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete One Huron Blackheart (Wearing Deprecator Grey), One Chaos Sorcerer, One Warpsmith, Two Heldrakes, and One Squad of Noise Marines numbering 7 total, composed of an Aspiring Champion with a Lightning Claw, One Marine with a Blastmaster, Three Marines with Sonic Blasters, One Marine who has traded his bolter for a close combat weapon, and One Marine that defiantly stands without upgrades from the Codex Chaos Space Marines for a total value of 853 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to The Deprecators and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Chaos Alignment: Undivided

Before:

gallery_60727_7283_1093438.jpg

f%*%-# h*%-. ive knocked over 5 pots of paint today through clumsiness while painting and wasted them all. stupid gw paints, why arent they in droppers!!!!!!!

@ Ammonius: Good to see you back again this year! Good luck with your vow!

@ HJL: You got my sympathy man - has happened to me too... Then all over my wifes classy dinner table chairs of white fabric... I almost moved to Antartica that time... :D Hope you get back on track soon!

@ The WarMaster: I have you down for 260pts - is there a change to that? I saw you amended your vow but the pts total remained the same..

@ Teutonicavenger: Vow amended. Good luck!

I, Creeger, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following from Codex Chaos Space Marines, with a total value of 518 points, on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to The Violators and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

• Squad Hugh, (7) Havocs lead by Champion Hugh, with Autocannon, Mission Launcher, and Lascannon - 146 Points
  • Squad Zodd, (9) Khorne Berzerkers, lead by Champion Zodd, with (2) chain axes and a Power Fist - 212 Points
  • Khârn the Betrayer - 160 points

The Violators' allegiance is to Khorne

My W.I.P. can be found here.

Aspiring Champion Hugh, thats a good name! A strong name! A name for a mighty warrior!

My name's Hugh btw :p

The model I have picked out for the champion looks a lot like the Borg by the same name that they "rescued" on an old episode of Star Trek Next Generation. I like to use names I can remember, so I'm going to paint him up to look as Borg-ish as I can and, hopefully, never forget his name.

OK, Creeger is added to the forces of the Lost and the Damned! Good to see you back Creeger - although with a different allegiance! :lol:

10 pink horrors done. Im just waiting for my paints to get here to finish the rest of my vow

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c274/hjlamont/IMG_3082_zpse9c42c34.jpg

I Kizzdougs answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a mighty Daemon Prince from Codex Chaos Space Marines, total value 255pts. (DP, Daemon of Khorne, wings, power armour and Axe of Blind Fury) on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Eightfold Path and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Archived