Tenshi's Dark Angels - ETLII

Tenshi

Thanks everyone!

The Praetors are a pair of lovely minis. Really beautiful in their simplicity.

I finished painting the DW this weekend, but I forgot to take pictures. So, here's Squad Emziel*

And with this, I've finished my first ETL vow.

http://back2hobby.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/deathwing1.png

*Bad pun alert! I built the Sergeant with a hammer, but now he can't touch it. So, adding "-el" to DAify it, we have:
MC - Hammer + el = Emziel biggrin.png

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the before picture for my second ETL vow, Librarians Gargamel and Turmiel.

http://back2hobby.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/librarians.png

Gargamel was going to be my entry for Grotsmasha's Librarian Conversion Challenge. It was an easy conversion, but it took me longer than I thougth (not much free time, plus I'm really slow). I also wanted to add a Dread to the vow, but it's not finished yet and I want to start painting (for the next vow, then).

The one on the right is/was Belials personal heraldy from his time as Captain of the 3rd. Black with red stripe.

Cheers,

Jono

That is incorrect.  Belial's heraldy is a black field, a diaganol red stripe (upper right to lower left), a white sword (point down) in the upper left, a white halo in the lower right.  See the last page of the Storm of Vengeance Campaign Pack HERE for a picture of it, and others.

These shoulder pads in all liklihood denote what Company the Terminator was promoted from, one being from the Ravenwing and the other from the 3rd Company.

天使, what an appropriate name!  What's really funny, though...it's our robes....白衣の天使 would be veterans?  ROFL....

Fifth company! Love it keep it up and take lots of pics of the future Belial.

I guess you haven't seen my army, LOL...I'm getting pretty close to finishing the 5th.

@Cactus Yes it is. It doesn't fit perfectly on the back, though. So some extra work needed.

@march10k Actually Angel is my real name. When I was a child, it had a lot to do with me choosing an "Angels" chapter.

Wouldn't 白衣の天使 (hakui no tenshi, right?) fit better with the Apothecaries?

It would...but then it would be appropriate...instead of funny. 

Besides...if you call an apothecary "nurse," I'm fairly certain that your geneseed is not going to be harvested when you fall in battle!

Not much free time today, plus I didn't feel like painting, so I've done some more building. Ironic when I rushed my second ETL vow a couple of days ago because I was getting tired of building things and not painting. Well, I'm strange like that.

http://back2hobby.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/belial-2.png

Anyway, I've continued with the Dread I left out of the vow. It's been my first magnetizing. The weapons are magnetized, and also the connection between the torso and the legs. That way, I can rotate it while I imitate the sounds of the ED-209 (the "bad robot" from Robocop).

Belial is also magnetized. No blu-tack now. Everything is glued or magnetized. I've magnetized the arms to the torso and the hands to the arms. So I can swap the hands for the TH/SS combo or the whole arms for the lightning claws.

Now what I've got to do with Belial is fill some gaps with GS and then DW-ify it. And that scares me.
Part of the appeal of the model to me it's the beauty of it's simplicity and I don't wan't to ruin it adding too much details. But I know it needs some feathers or he won't be the Master of the DW. Anyone knows where I could get them from?

Btw, about the Storm Shield... the ones from the DWCS come with the arms attached, and I don't want to use the regular termie ones as they're not DA enough for Belial. Has anyone used the shields from Scibor, HiTech or any other 3rd party? How are they (size and quality)? I'd appreciate if anyone could point me to any cool alternatives.

@march10k Yeah, you're right--- Brother Nurse would be the proper way.

Did you sculpt the front of the dreadnought or make a mould from an existing part? Either way it's very impressive! I like the addition of the gothic Knight bit above Belial's head too.

On storm shields, you might be able to use the Deathwing ones if you can find an alternative hand. When I put them on cataphracti arms I cut the plastic arm away down to the wrist and had to fill a gap at the back. You might be able to get a better fit suitable for magnetising if you can replace the hand too.

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb440/Cactus-/The%20Path%20to%20Redemption/f4486abe-4c14-44ed-b79f-d174da90f019_zps11aa9fbf.jpg

Great looking Belial, perfect armour choice thumbsup.gif

For the Scibor shields, I have some but not got round to using them yet. Here are a few pictures of the ones I bought and in the following posts a brief discussion about them. I need to get around to using them at some point :)

@Cactus I whish I could sculpt half as good as that. It's a cast from my old metal DA Dread. At first I was going to repaint it, but I didn't want to use such a heavy metal model (plus it didn't have weapon options), so I bougth a plastic one and copied the front panel (which was the only part with DA details anyway).

I thought about cutting the arm, but the back side is going to be very visible, and I don't know if I'll be able to do it well enough.

Cool conversions, btw. I still don't know if I'll also use cataphractii termies for CS and DWK, or leave Belial with the only ancient armor so he stands out even more.

@Elmo Thanks. Do you think they're big enough for Belial? Or are they more tactical marine sized?

Now what I've got to do with Belial is fill some gaps with GS and then DW-ify it. And that scares me.

Part of the appeal of the model to me it's the beauty of it's simplicity and I don't wan't to ruin it adding too much details. But I know it needs some feathers or he won't be the Master of the DW. Anyone knows where I could get them from?

For feathers, go on ebay and look for some High Elf Archer bits.....they have headgear with feather in them which might do the trick.

Loving the Legion Praetor conversion, ever since the model came out I've been thinking of "relegating" my Scibor Belial to being The Lion for a 30K army, and getting the Praetor to use as Belial

• 1 month later...

And third vow finished! Veterans and a Rhino:

http://back2hobby.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/vetsplusrhino1.png

I'd like to work some more on the Rhino's rust effects and so, but for ETL purposes I consider it finished.

Yes, my Veterans are Consecrators :)

I had some problems with the Veterans. First, my long term goal is to have a full 5th Co. and I didn't like the idea that Veterans are part of the 10 Company Squads. Also, I wanted to use old Marks for my veterans, and I wasn't going to buy FW minis just to use the arms and heads with robed bodies.

So, as with the Deathwing and Ravenwing I decided to make my Veterans something special.

I like that the Consecrators have access to a lot of relics and older stuff, that allows me to use the older Marks. Also, they're full of mistery and wear black (cool factor x2 right there). And someone suggested in a thread here that they could be the Fallen that the Interrogator Chaplains were able to save. I'm not saying that's true, but it's a cool rumor.

With that in mind my Vet Consecrators follow some rules to reinforce that secrecy:

-They all must wear helmets (to keep their identity secret).

-No personal markings, honors, etc. (that's why the wear that right shoulder pad, as if they added metal bands to cover the company they belong, personal heraldry or whatever they had there.... now that's a secret they only now).

-Just one exception. The Sergeant wears on the right shoulder pad an Oath of Moment. (Because if I'm not mistaken, Marines don't do that anymore, right? But they used to do that when they all were Legions).

Another plus of having Consecrators just as Veterans is that I don't have to freehand a lot of their symbols (because it's hell).

Hi Tenshi, TYVM for the inspiration, I've just chopped to crap my DV Terminator sarge and I've added a knight's shield and flail of the unforgiven (Counts as TH/SS in place of the bolter/sword. Even managed to retain the sword's blade. Shall post a pic when my phone's not dead lol.

Archived