Order of the Crimson Lagoon ETL2 WIP thread

Order Of The Crimson Lagoon

This is my colour scheme, it is quite different from what I have seen other people using, but I like it.

My first vow is as follows:

Sister Superior – Power sword, plasma pistol

3 x Seraphim – Bolt pistols

Seraphim – Hand flamers

Vow 1 (Before)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Little update.

Unfinished Seraphim squad

Most recent picture:

Almost finished Seraphim (Front)

Almost finished Seraphim

All of the Seraphim are up to this stage. My finished Sisters will not have things like there faces painted or some of the colours such as the gold, as I don't actually have the paints for that. I will be doing the main three colours and some of the other minor details. That will be my finished Sisters for my whole army.

I won't have the paints for adding the rest for months as I don't have the funds.

I know this has taken a while, but I am getting there smile.png

• 3 weeks later...

I have finally finished the first of my Seraphim squad, I should have the rest of the squad done by tomorrow evening.

Finished Seraphim with hand flamers (Front)

Finished Seraphim with hand flamers (back)

They are not very well painted, but I am a noob when it comes to painting. I like them, I just hope you guys do to.

Everyone starts somewhere nikolai, even the best painter was a noob once ;) I wish I could say my early models looked as good. As long as you're always moving forward and trying to get better you're on the right path. At least that's what I keep telling myself :P

Are you going to do the bases? It's pretty easy to do (especially on Seraphim) and really helps the model pop as well as unite the army more.

Thank you. I hope to get better. I guess time will tell.

I will be doing the bases, I just thought I would get one of them done so I know that is what I want the rest to look like (Also I may have forgotten a little bit >_>).

I have nearly finished the rest now. So I should have a picture up, either later today or tomorrow.

The bases are just going to be painted a standard colour as I don't have any flock or anything. I will probably go for Scorched brown with maybe some graveyard earth.

Thank you for the feedback :)

Graveyard Earth is the "default" base colour so you can't go far wrong there. You can easily add some sand and paint that up later if you want smile.png

My twenty year codex implies that the default base colour is Goblin Green, dipped in flock while still wet. Warboss Green may be a good modern equivalent.

Graveyard Earth is the "default" base colour so you can't go far wrong there. You can easily add some sand and paint that up later if you want smile.png

My twenty year codex implies that the default base colour is Goblin Green, dipped in flock while still wet. Warboss Green may be a good modern equivalent.

I have those codices, war gear books and more in storage where the Goblin Green can be hidden away like the shameful secret it is tongue.png

I am just finishing off my last two models, will be uploading the images of the finished Seraphim this evening.

The bases are just going to be graveyard earth, I am happy with that. I will probably re-vamp them at a later date.

My next vow is going to be much bigger than this one, but I already know what I am doing, and personally I think Seraphim are harder to paint than normal Sisters.

I have those codices, war gear books and more in storage where the Goblin Green can be hidden away like the shameful secret it is tongue.png

It looked correct on the manicured battlefields of that era. The green bases blended right in with the fuzzy green mats. Oh what a sorry state the lawns are in in the current edition.

Yeah, they worked much better on the in game pictures. Though those are as "in game" as they are now with armies lining up conveniently a few inches apart. To think there was a time when painting your base green with a bit of flock wasn't just acceptable but 'eavy Metal standard...

Better stop now before we range ever further into nostalgia and derail the topic! :lol:

Archived