Malakim Rotzkh WIP

tzenes

I wanted to create a Blood Angels successor chapter. I've liked the Blood Angels for a while, but I wanted something a little more personal.

Malakim come from hebrew מַלְאָךְ (Malach) which translates to Angel (lit. messenger) with Malakim being the plurl. Rotzkh is a transliteration of רוצח which is hebrew for killer. Malakim Rotzkh translates to Killer Angels.

I liked the idea of Semetic roots as compared to the more Renaissance take GW has for the Blood Angels.

Keeping with the Angelic theme I chose the colors: Purple and White

Purple for royalty dates back to the Phoenicians. Roman Nobles wore purple. It was later picked up by the Catholic Church. Where as White has been a long standing symbol of purity.

Give me this:
spacemarine.jpg

For Veterans I was thinking that Red (as opposed to Gold) would be an appropriate color, given their history as Blood Angel successors. Their first Veterans would have been pulled from Blood Angels who had spent years wearing the red armor

spacemarine.jpg

I Brother Tzenes answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete two Regular Assault Squad (5 man and 6 man) with Meltagun and Powerfist (2, 1 for each squad), and two Razorbacks one with Twin-linked Lascannon, one Twin-linked Assault Cannon and Extra-Armor from Codex: Blood Angels of total value of at least 483 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Sons of Sanguinius and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Before shots:

IMG 20130516 163300

IMG 20130516 163255

IMG 20130516 163248

IMG 20130516 163243

I realize the Razorbacks have Red on them, but given that they're going to end up Purple I don't think this is objectionable.

Archived