Dark Mechanicus project - Something binary this way comes...

I seriously hope that's it's OK to snag a few ideas from here and there, since you have single handedly inspired me to start a dark mechanicus detachement to my chaos warband...

I love the hell out of that Forge Fiend. The best part are the use of the arms from the Forge Fiend kit! Love it. Keep it up, I cannot wait to see what you pump out next.

-Tarvik

Thanks a lot! I am really enjoying this project too, and use pretty much every spare minute on it. :)

There won't be any paint on them before they're all done, though... I've decided to build the entire army, and paint them all afterwards - I'm going to use a lot of airbrush, and batch painting will save a lot of cleaning the airbrush between colours.

Brilliant stuff man. I feel, to be more thematic, 8 plague marines (assuming you'll be converting them in the same vein as the lord) would be more "binary", and since 8 is a 3-bit number you won't even end up displeasing the Plaguefather :P

\m/

These are beautiful conversions, sir! I especially love your Hellbrutes!

However, my smallest niggle with your Forgefiend is the fact that his kneepads are on the wrong legs tongue.png

Other than that, if your Death Guard are anything to go by, this is going to be good!

Stellar work so far, sir! Eagerly awaiting more!

Thanks a lot. :)

I've played a few games, and I feel like I wanted to change up a few things - this is the new list:

army-list_bike.jpg

So these questions remain:

1) How do I make an awesome biker lord that looks great with my evil wheels?

2) I'm going to use Thallax cohort for my noise marines - what do I about terminators then?

Any inspiration, links or thoughts are welcomed! :)

Could you make a Lord who has somehow merged with his wheel(s)? Maybe he's fused into his bike, hovering or stealing a Necron Destroyer platform kind of thing isn't a bad idea, or something more along the lines of Axel from Twisted Metal, but suitably Chaosified?

http://coffey.polygonized.com/picture_library/AxelA.jpg

I like the large wheel concept, but not sure of the "side car". I was thinking something more of a Chaos version of:

http://www.hasbro.com/common/productimages/en_US/e5e7a7595056900b10e5b133bee2ffe7/E6080EB95056900B109739CF5C0332EB.jpg

Or

http://www.geekalerts.com/u/Officially-Licensed-Star-Wars-Hailfire-Droid-RC-Vehicle.jpg

Still, you did say it's a very rough mock up, so I'll see what it looks like when you've refined it happy.png

In any case, I love everything you've done so far happy.png

Now that I have a better sense of scale I can see your difficulty. Having a wheel on either side with him suspended in between would work better, although the side car concept is definitely a unique vision. Having two wheels angled like the Hailfire Droid would allow a better view of the Lord for viewers (and make it easier to paint!)

It's very possible that this is the concept you already had in mind, but the first thing that I thought of was that the wheel was somehow an extension of the champions body. I sort of imagine that, through a gruesome combination of chaotic mutation and mechanical augmentation, The champions arm has been somehow fused with massive wheel. Idk, just a thought. There are plenty of routes you could take.

Archived