The Void Raptors [27th Founding WIP]

Hi guys, this is a WIP of the chapter I've created for the 27th founding project. It is still very much in the development stage so any tips and advice on my fluff would be greatly appreciated.

The Founding of the Void Raptors

The Void Raptors are a successor of the Silver Skulls after reports of several Prognosticators divining visions which ultimately had the same meaning. Something dark was coming from the Storm of the Emperor’s Wrath, and Varsavia could not stand alone against it. Usually the Northern entrance to the Imperium was well defended by the Blood Angels from Baal, an Imperial Fists crusader fleet and a various other Chapter worlds. But the visions of the Prognosticators predict a time of Great War ahead and the Imperium’s defences will be thin. Chief Prognosticator Vashiro took this concern to Lord Commander Argentius with only one possible course of action, a request to the High Lords of Terra to form a new chapter to watch and aid in the protection of the North.

The High Lords were intrigued by this partition, they have always been curious about the Prognosticator Lords of Varsavia and their tarot reading abilities. If a successor chapter were to inherit this intriguing talent it may prove an impressive weapon in the Imperial arsenal. Permission was granted and a cadre of 40 veteran battle brothers were assigned to oversee the creation and training process. The Captain chosen for this task was the venerable Tancred, Hero of the Tasidus Crusade and Master of the Watch, he was the perfect choice to lead the future watchers of the void. In true Silver Skulls fashion he was not alone in this undertaking; ever at his side was Prognosticator Hector, a talented tarot reader and battle scholar.

The planet foreseen as the home world was a backwater feral world by the name of Raptora. Aptly named as it was home to all variety of Raptor birds similar to the Terran species, however there was one major different to their Terran cousins, they were much larger. Nevertheless, Raptora wasn’t chosen for its wildlife, but for the population of many feral human tribes similar to that found on Varsavia. This would provide the sufficient level of potential recruits required for the chapter to prosper and grow. Its location was key for the foreseen purpose require of the chapter. In a small star system north of Varsavia , it was directly in the path of the clearest warp lane connecting to the rest of the Imperium. Due to the close proximity of the Storm of the Emperors Wrath it would be almost impossible to travel without having to jumping inside the chapter world's system.

Colour scheme

spacemarine.jpg

I'll be posting some WIP pics of a few test models I've done soon as well as more fluff when I have time to write.

Cheers

Brother Tancred

Cool. When you described Raptora a got a vision of a feral tribesman wearing a giant wing as some sort of vestigial cloak.

Also that base colour for the armour is sick. How to plan to pain it? I'd be inclined to paint it in a dark blue (RT era crimson fists sort of thing) then wash/glaze it with green.

\m/

Cheers eetdestroyer, glad you like the fluff. I'm using GWs Dark Reaper for the base with a Nuln Oil wash and a final highlight of Thunderhawk Blue. Here are some test models

http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo73/CallumM27/DSCN1501_zpsf55e279a.jpg

Chapter badge design, a Raptors head staring towards a star representing the foreseen future.

http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo73/CallumM27/DSCN1500_zps98b6e270.jpg

Second model with less highlights. This was to test how a tabletop quality paint job would look as I want a fully painted army as soon as possible.

http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo73/CallumM27/DSCN1503_zps7d70bcca.jpg

A sergeant 

http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo73/CallumM27/DSCN1507_zps02849db7.jpg

Some more stuff to come soon, last uni exam tomorrow so should have more time to paint and write some fluff.

Cheers,

Brother Tancred

Wow, that looks pretty good. You know what would help you with getting some marines ready or the table??? Joining the ETL. The only question is where should you vow....

Oh I know, the liber astartes, that's where all DIY chapters post up their fluff and such. You'd fit right in.

Ahh, so just a muted mid-blue then, the SM painter pic had a slightly green hue (I dare you to finish one of your models off with a Waywatcher Green glaze all over and see how you like it. It's an easy step and could really add an extra dimension to some already nice models)

\m/

Archived