ETL II Night Angels

Zynk Kaladin

I Zynk Kaladin answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Mephiston, 2 Ravens(Hurricane Bolters), 1 Fragioso, and a Sanguinary Guard Squad(banner, 2 axes) from Codex: Blood Angels of total value of at least 1,115 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Night Angels (and by association, their Blood Angel brethren) and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

"Mephiston"

Alright, I suck with GS. I may touch up the mistakes and add something cool like power cords to the helmet before I prime. I used the old Mephiston metal model's sword and plasma pistol arm.

gallery_52275_8514_179015.jpg

Fragioso

Nothing special here. I had an AoBR dread lying around so I ordered just the frag cannon and magna grapple. Saved me a lot of money! biggrin.png

gallery_52275_8514_695333.jpg

Raven 1

gallery_52275_8514_828843.jpg

Raven 2

Captain Semper, I forgot to take the picture before I basecoated it with Regal Blue. Please forgive me? I swear on my honor it was fully primed right after ETLII launched.

gallery_52275_8514_230248.jpg

Sanguinary Guard

I like your Mephiston's dynamic pose compared with the original one. On the board he's doing much more running than posing.

I have 4 AoB dreads. As you say. Great money saver. :)

I agree Taranis, the standard Meph model is too static for my tastes. I also never liked his dress... er "robes".

BloodyNightAngel, I love your name. It has a certain pleasant ring to it laugh.png. I never liked the DA dresses, though... err "robes".

Thanks for the kind words, brothers!

DA's dresses are not so girly as it seems (and as Mephy's one *sings Lady in red* ), especially with sculled helmets =) 

And what are you planning to do with Sanguinary Guard? Will you convert it?

Are you going to use only angelic wings? 

And what about vampire theme? Are you going to use it, or you'd prefer to avoid this?

My apologies for the delayed response.  I went to LA for an interview.

For Sanguinary Guard I plan to convert some lance guard for aesthetic purposes.  I will use only angelic wings for the Guard.

I actually like the vampiric theme in that it shows a darker side of the angels, but I try to be more subtle with vampirism.

WIP of Raven 1:

I'm pretty happy with the way my 1st Raven is turning out. I need to give it a touch up, finish the highlights on the wings, and finish the weapons once I get them ordered. Also, because I bought this Raven 2nd hand, I don't have the windows for the cockpit and gunner. Therefore, I need to do some plasticard work not shown in the original image. Regardless, forward progress is still indeed progress!

gallery_52275_8514_2477921.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Arakiel the Abyss Walker, my "Mephiston". I've been playing a lot of Dark Souls recently, and I'm tried my damndest to not steal the title "Abyss Walker" but it's just too darn cool. My camera brought out a crap-ton of mistakes that my eyes missed so I'm not marking him as done yet. The lightning on the legs didn't turn out as well as it does to my eyes...

gallery_52275_8514_92345.jpg

AWESOME job on the stormraven's wings. Love the look!

On the Meph / Libby:

Love the colors. I would break it up a bit though by making the purits seal cloth red or bone/white.

I would make the plama gun's barrel holes and plasma chamber a bright green.

Lastly, i would make the left shoulder (winged one) grey highlighted in white.

I think this would make the model that dark blue / black still but make it look less two-tone. Let me know what you think!

Thanks for the kind words!

@Demo: Woops, the "purity seal" aka too lazy to complete the cloth on the chest is supposed to be just cloth. The other purity seal on the blade are wasn't supposed to be blue pinch.gif

@Boom: Thanks for the suggestions. I've applied them and I think Arakiel "Meph" looks a lot better.

Thanks!  I wish I was a bit cleaner with my paints.  I donno why, but my camera always highlights mistakes and splotches of paint while to my naked eyes the model looks perfect.  Oh well, on the table top I think he will look great so I'm happy.

I love the freehand on the wings of the newest raven especially. :)

Try taking your pictures without flash. I works for me in solving the problems you mentioned above.

Archived