Argun's Imperial Guard WIPs

Argun

Here's the pictures of my ETL II vow.

The 4 Hellhounds.

ETL II Vow 001

The 10-man Veteran squad. All primered at this stage.

ETL II Vow 003

Closeup of the lead Hellhound.

ETL II Vow 004

And my three Minotaurs. Gonna paint and then assemble these guys. First time doing that, and haven't figured out what to color the interior...

ETL II Vow 005

(A note: those Minotaur Artillery Tanks are a pain in the censored.gif to assemble, but hopefully will be worth it in JulywhistlingW.gif )

Drive me closer! I want to hit their scorched remains with my chainsword! :lol:

I like the Vets, it's always fun to mod them up especially after doing so many rank and file Guardsmen. I look forward to seeing them painted up, in particular the Minotaurs :)

• 1 month later...

Been a long time since I've updated this, but to show that I ain't dead yet:

Minotaur 001

Minotaur 002

The driver. He is fully painted, but looks kinda cramped in there.

Minotaur 003

What took me the longest time to do... basic weathering. First time doing this on any vehicle... and not sure I like the results.

Minotaur 004

And to show that the guns can elevate

Minotaur 005

Hopefully I'll have the other two done by the end of the week, and then start work on the hellhounds. The veterans are done, just need basing.

Great work! They're going to look great together when you've finished your vow, especially the four Hellhounds. They'll be able to purge entire sections of the board clean for you :) Have you thought about some gun barrel scorching? It's pretty easy to do and does a lot to make the model look like it hasn't just rolled off the mechanicum production line. Do you have any pictures of your Vets?

Hopefully I'll have the other two done by the end of the week, and then start work on the hellhounds. The veterans are done, just need basing.

Well done Argun, this is good news, any pictures of the Veterans?

Well done Argun, this is good news, any pictures of the Veterans?

Did somebody say... veterans?

Veterans 011

Veterans 012

Veterans 013

Veterans 014

Veterans 015

Veterans 016

And the hellhounds. Soon to be finished shortly.

Hellhounds

(Ignore Mr. Happy in the background. He is the watcher of my airbrush booth.)

• 1 month later...

Well, since the ETL II is over and I've pledged to complete not one, but Two! honor squads (one company command squad, one veteran squad) consisting of the members who successfully completed their ETL II vows. Here's some pics.

IMG 0044

First up is the WIP of Captain Semper (Straken counts-as)

IMG 0042

IMG 0043

FashaTheDog. The only demi-traitor/xeno in the bunch (AFAIK, leinmann might want to be #2) The 'pet' on his shoulder is called Mr. Cuddles, but his enemies know him as Mr. Nibbles.

IMG 0041

Possible WarriorFish, might add more at request.

IMG 0039

Me, the humble HWG with mini chainsword.

IMG 0037

IMG 0038

Quite the possibility of Uberwolve. This knife big enough for ya? (only noticed the binocs here in the pics, will be fixing those later)

C&C most welcomed guys, as I need to make 2 versions of ya!

Not to worry uber! arm's on the way, just need to find a suitable one for you! Am on the lookout for a gasmask for ya as well. Working on leinmann's guy as well-- he's getting a custom sniper rifle, might start sculpting camo cloaks as well. Who wants one, if they turn out alright?

Alrighty, here's an update!

WIP 004

As Uberwolve has the distinct honor of being our forum's ETL II Champion, I have elected to give him the Regimental Banner (and a powerfist just 'cause it looks better than the original arm) This is the mini of him for the Command Squad.

WIP 002

WIP 001

Found ya an arm! Here he is, ready for the Veteran Squad. Any more items you'd like there Uber?

WIP 003

And as per Semper's suggestion, here is leinmann as the Command Squad's sniper. Need to figure out another guy for the Veteran squad, so would you like a sniper there, or another special weapon?

As always gentlemen, I am open to interpretations and criticism. I'll even (try) to redo the model(s) should you so choose.

Fantastic! I look amazing! and theirs two of me! we can't loose!

I really do like the pose with the banner! very nice. And commando me looks good as well.  

I think yours needs to be carrying a demo charge. 

Been a bit busier today... got a Squaddie Leinmann, plus Sergeant Semper! (I did check... the loadout is legal! I was going for the 'rule of cool', but it works!)

WIP 0004

Semper. Still going with the Straken look, so he's got a bionic arm.

WIP 0002

Leinmann.

very nice Argun. i love the idea of holding that sniper rifle, i look good in both squads. to be fair, we all look good and its an honour to be included in your army not once, but twice! looking forward to seeing the full squad(s) all together. great work brother. thanks.gif thumbsup.gif

Going back to the conversations we had before I started making this, I've come up across a slight oops. Sniper was supposed to be Sviar. Leinmann, I think I've got just the mini for you as a replacement! Will have pics up soon.

WIP 001

And here it is! He's using his personal gaming device  Munitorum issued Manual Reading Device. Now comes with instructions on how to use plasma guns safely!

Archived