Brother Maikel's Modelling/Painting Thread

This is my thread for posting photos of WIP/Completed models for my successor chapter of the Blood Angels.

My scheme is almost an inverted one (wasn't initially intentional) compared to normal BA/DC. My standard marines are primarily gloss-black, with gold trim and red highlights.

spacemarine.jpg

My Death Company are primarily gloss-red, with mostly black trim, and gold touches, then "grimed up" in black

spacemarine.jpg

(the scheme was originally black/gold, using C:SM. When I found out about C:BA, I immediately added the red highlights and switched books)

I'll start posting WIP stuff (and my prior completed models) soon.

ETL II - Vow 1

My initial unpainted/primed models

med_gallery_68606_8522_885205.jpg

Death Company Dread - Blood Talons, Heavy Flamer, Magna Grapple (150 pts)
Drop Pod - Stormbolter (35 pts)
Furioso Librarian - Force Axe, Blood Fist, Stormbolter (175 pts)
Death Company (3) - Bolters, Jump Packs (105 pts)
Mephiston (250 pts)

Good to see some progress in our bid to win. Looking good.

I hope to finish a model or 3 this weekend. Hopefully.

Looking forward to seeing the libby dread and the rest. :tu:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Its been a while, (lots of life got in the way) but I finally managed to finish up my first vow.

Here are Mephiston and the three Death Company Marines. Sorry about the awful lighting... it really obscures a lot of the detail work and ended up washing out Mephiston moreso than I'd originally thought.

gallery_68606_8522_687902.jpg

gallery_68606_8522_686261.jpg

gallery_68606_8522_220713.jpg

I just have to get a proper lightbox asap.

Great job, Brother. The pictures of the vehicles are the prettiest.:) Try a bit of paint on bases of the infantry models and taking pictures in daylight without flash. That somtimes helps. I'd definitely like to see some closeups of mephys wings and perhaps hearing how you painted them?

By the way, remember to report vow complete in the ETL tread. :)

Great job, Brother. The pictures of the vehicles are the prettiest.smile.png Try a bit of paint on bases of the infantry models and taking pictures in daylight without flash. That somtimes helps.

Yeah, I had more time (and a cleaner workspace) when I was taking the dread pictures many moons ago. The bases are actually painted and highlighted, the flash just washed them out. I'm actually preparing for a move halfway across the US right now (back to Texas, finally!) and once that's finished in a month or so I'll try to find the time to take proper pictures.

I'd definitely like to see some closeups of mephys wings and perhaps hearing how you painted them?

Mephy's wings are snipped off the back of the Gargoyle figure from Reaper's new "Bones" line of minis. They're inexpensive (that one was about $3 US), easy to cut, but extremely bendable. I primed the wings with an older can of citadel white spray primer then basecoated them with Model Master's "Chevy/Ford Engine Blue". I then did broad highlights of each "spine" with Citadel Regal Blue (iirc), and then did narrow center highlights with a 50/50 mix of Regal Blue and MM's Flat White. Finally I did a very light drybrush of Flat White along each spine.

I'll try to take some close-ups sooner rather than later.

By the way, remember to report vow complete in the ETL tread. smile.png

Already Done smile.png Now I just have to determine whether I'll have enough time to power through painting my newly assembled stormraven this weekend...

Archived