plasmaspam's ETL2 WIP thread

plasmaspam

To paraphrase The One - "Plastic.  Lots of plastic".  Started undercoating them all tonight.

ETB2 Vow1 Before

I'll say this though, Sammael is the first and last Finecast model I buy - warped along the long axis, pitted all over the place - very disappointing.

If the model is that bad get GW to replace it.

Stores in my experience are more than willing to do this for bad finecasts. And so they should as your basic consumer rights protect you should you be sold anything that is not fit for purpose.

Cheers

I

I went through (6) of one Finecast model before I got a good one, but that was early on...  My "converted" Belial started his life as a Finecast Librarian that had no face due to a huge bubble.  Then I've also bought Logan Grimnar, Arjac Rockfist, and the new Belial and have had next to no issue with them, so...

It's hit or miss, but GW should replace it.  

Paul

You're all right I should have sought a replacement, but I was hasty and careless, and had glued most of it all together before I started noticing all the defects.

Fear not! GW generously sell liquid green stuff, enabling me to rectify their poor workmanship! Honestly, the thing looked like it had Nurgle's Rot by the time I was ready to undercoat it. And a quick dip in hot water, some man-handling, then a flash-quench under the cold tap straightened the fuselage mostly.

• 2 months later...

Archived