ETL II for The Ebon Dawn - WiP Thread

Rindaris

I have no pics yet, but I do have plans. Hoping to get the bits in the mail to start the first part of my vow this weekend.

My vow includes:

A techmarine on a bike, with a PFG. I'm going to give him a holstered bolter as well, for when I might want to field him with a combi-weapon.

Six Ravenwing Black Knights. 2 with grenade launchers and the Huntmaster with a power weapon (likely an axe).

A custom Sammael with sableclaw (I want to be different). Now my plan for this is a bit more out there I think. I'm going to use the chassis from a Land Speeder, but instead of the normal cockpit I'm going to use the cockpit from a Stormtalon. I think I can make this work and look quite unique. The TL Assault Cannons will go on the underbelly, and I'll use the weapon pods from the Stormtalon for the TL Heavy Bolter and mount them similar to how a Typhoon Missile System would be placed. Definitely more into DW than RW, but I thought this might be a nice little pain to field sometime, with AV 14 and 4+ invul save... to bad it couldn't have something better than the TL HB.. though a TL AssCan is nice.

Now thats a small vow, really. And I'm hoping I can have it complete in a month and a half. Given that to be true I plan to add a second vow. First would be a proper command Land Raider Crusader. I recently acquired some bits of a Land Raider that need some serious TLC in a trade. Well, had a pic of that, but its been taken down. I can get my own up in a day or two when I get the Techmarine bits as well. Anyways, it needs to be stripped of paint, some doors removed and some bits ordered. Going to see what I can do about getting it ready for painting while I fulfill the first vow. I do have a set of Chapter House doors to go with it, been aching to use those.

Also considering an alternative warlord instead of Belial, or maybe in addition to him. A company master or chaplain with a mace of redemption. Havn't really decided. I have time to consider though. But since my 1850 list couldn't fit him with putting in the knights, instead of SM allies with a Stormtalon... I just don't know.

I'd also like to do a Contemptor Mortis, but I doubt funds will permit that. How hey, I have three months to work things out.

312263_10201082606769915_224253938_n.jpg

Ok, got my bits for my Techmarine. Might swap a few in or out for others, but this is definitely the core. Was just working on it til the wife decided she wanted a nap on the couch. 

Archived