Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1850 - Space Wolves Tournament List

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

grouj

grouj

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 46 posts

HQ - Logan
HQ - Rune Priest

E - Lone Wolf

Tr - 9 Wolf Guard w/ 8 Combi-Plasma, 1 in TDA w/ Heavy Flamer, Power Fist w/ Pod
Tr - 9 Wolf Guard w/ 8 Combi-Plasma, 1 in TDA w/ Heavy Flamer, Power Fist w/ Pod
Tr - 10 Grey Hunters w/ 2 Plasma, Standard w/ Pod
Tr - 10 Grey Hunters w/ 2 Melta, MotW Standard w/ Pod

H - 6 Long Fangs w/ 3 Plasma Cannons and 2 Multimeltas w/Pod

Aegis line w/ comms relay

So a big change in the way the list plays, Hoping to come down on the first turn and obliterate 3-4 units with Logan (with the priest and fangs) and the double wolf guard groups. From there take objectives and keep killing. Lone Wolf will be pinned in with the comms relay to allow for a 2+ go to ground and re-rolls to make sure my army comes down on turn two.

Edited by grouj, 20 June 2013 - 01:43 PM.

Valhaal

Valhaal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 61 posts

It may be better to drop a Rune Priest or two to shove a Wolf Priest in the Wolf Guard groups. This gives you your '1' re-rolls without any denial, and gives them fearless, because they'll be dieing soon.

Warhammer 40k, Black Templars, and some Trollbloods:

battletavern.blogspot.com

irwit

irwit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,125 posts

Looking like a pretty devastating turn one for your opponent.  16 plasma guns in your face turn 1 anywhere on the board.  Followed up by fast moving GHs.  

What I don't get are the mass RPs,  GHs with no rhino,  and the LFs.   They dont seem to fit with the rest of the army? 

Feel free to visit my blog

gallery_65482_7785_207.png

Thanks

grouj

grouj

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 46 posts

Looking like a pretty devastating turn one for your opponent.  16 plasma guns in your face turn 1 anywhere on the board.  Followed up by fast moving GHs.  

What I don't get are the mass RPs,  GHs with no rhino,  and the LFs.   They dont seem to fit with the rest of the army? 

The two naked Rune Priests will be accompanying the Wolf Guard to assist with Prescience, I want to make sure that whatever they fall on top of is melted to the ground. As for Long Fangs my collection is still growing and I needed long range fire support, was gonna put the third Rune Priest onto the Quad Gun but still give his group Prescience to help take down hell turkeys (which I have found more often than not can take out my army almost solo due to being hard to hit and my earlier renditions not having the line and gun).

irwit

irwit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,125 posts

If you do some math hammer having the rune priest give you prescience is not great bang for buck on those combi plasmas.  66.6% hit already,  you are only adding an extra 22.2% of hits to the amount of hits for 100 points. So 1 in 5 extra hits.   Surely you are better spending half the points on an extra 2 wg per unit.  More wounds,  attacks,  and dice could go your way and get even more hits ? 46 points for an extra 2 combi plasmas.  or 38 points for 1 extra plasma,  2+ 5++ and a power axe ?

I found these other day.  

http://www.maxmini.e...products_id=193

Im going to use them as hyperios.  105 points for 3 krak missiles with interceptor,  re-rool to hit flyers T6 3+ save.   cheaper than your RP and quad gun and can do a lot more vs flyers.  And if there are no flyers you get some extra krak missiles :) 

Thanks

jbickb

jbickb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 633 posts
It seems to.me that it would be betterto give the rps jaws and another power so in the shooting phase they can snipe out a character or the like, with the addition of the weight of fire from the plasma this seems pretty good
ETL 2013 03 Custos Fidei 02
2013 winters advance 3
2013 winters advance token

grouj

grouj

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 46 posts

I appreciate the input of everyone here, I have decided to replace the two runepriests with the wolf guard with terminators with heavy flamer and power fist (for tanking hell turkey and new eldar ap 3, kill plague bearers and hordes and to deal with vehicles) and 3 Hyperios Missile Turrets for dealing with flyers. I have also opted to replace my runic armor rune priest that is manning the quad gun with a TDA rune priest to get an invuln save when necessary.

Also I opted to place a group of Grey Hunters with no Rhino to just hold a spot in the back =) I may replace the plasma guns with flamers instead and then give the Rune priest a chooser of the slain to give him bs 5 against most things.

Thoughts?

irwit

irwit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,125 posts
If your ghs are hanging back I'd give them plasma personally as better range. I'd also try and get points for a cml wgpl in tda for them too. Will give that unit something to do first few turns if your opponent is hanging back also. Will also give them a much bigger punch in combat.

I'm still not sure what your rps really do but I guess you need at least 1 HQ.

Edited by irwit, 01 June 2013 - 08:06 AM.

Thanks

grouj

grouj

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 46 posts

The TDA Runepriest will be flinging Prescience on Long Fangs to help better hit fliers/more damage to vehicles or hordes =)

grouj

grouj

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 46 posts

Did some testing, re-did the list a bit to full drop pods

dswanick

dswanick

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,188 posts
  • Chapter Name: Legio XI

Tr - 9 Wolf Guard w/ Combi-Plasma, TDA, Heavy Flamer, Power Fist w/ Pod
Tr - 9 Wolf Guard w/ Combi-Plasma, TDA, Heavy Flamer, Power Fist w/ Pod

So a big change in the way the list plays, Hoping to come down on the first turn and obliterate 3-4 units with Logan (with the priest and fangs) and the double wolf guard groups. From there take objectives and keep killing. Lone Wolf will be pinned in with the comms relay to allow for a 2+ go to ground and re-rolls to make sure my army comes down on turn two.

9 TDA Wolf Guard can't fit in a Drop Pod...
Or are you planning on using their Pods empty to front-load your Grey Hunters?

QUOTE (Loki-LaughingDeath @ Feb 11 2011, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love Tau in CC, it's like clubbing baby seals, only tau are neither cute nor fluffy or protected by the Maritime Mammal Act..... so it's perfectly legal and the Sierra Club ASPCA nuts won't come looking for you!

QUOTE (-Max- @ Aug 1 2011, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the regular Guardsman you've got Commissars holding guns to their backs. They're faithful in their own way, sometimes mightily so, but they are regular folks who've led regular lives, with the completely understandable desire to continue living that causes them to duck when they get shot at. Sisters are orphans raised in perpetual Sunday school, fanatical to the point that they look at Repentia and feel a twinge of jealousy that those girls will see the Emperor sooner than they will.

r@f

r@f

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 28 posts
I think he means 8 on PA then 1 on TDA w/ heavy weap

grouj

grouj

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 46 posts

Sorry for the confusion. Yes only one of them is wearing TDA

Sohail187

Sohail187

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts

If you do some math hammer having the rune priest give you prescience is not great bang for buck on those combi plasmas.  66.6% hit already,  you are only adding an extra 22.2% of hits to the amount of hits for 100 points. So 1 in 5 extra hits.   Surely you are better spending half the points on an extra 2 wg per unit.  More wounds,  attacks,  and dice could go your way and get even more hits ? 46 points for an extra 2 combi plasmas.  or 38 points for 1 extra plasma,  2+ 5++ and a power axe ?

I found these other day.  

http://www.maxmini.e...products_id=193

Im going to use them as hyperios.  105 points for 3 krak missiles with interceptor,  re-rool to hit flyers T6 3+ save.   cheaper than your RP and quad gun and can do a lot more vs flyers.  And if there are no flyers you get some extra krak missiles smile.png

I just got those Thunderstorm Launchers through the post the other day. I was going to order the ones from forge world hyperios launchers but saved alot more money getting these. However be warned they are very small!!!

irwit

irwit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,125 posts

Do you think they are TOO small ? Or will be ok ?   ANy chance of some comparison pics?

Edited by irwit, 21 June 2013 - 08:26 AM.

Thanks

Apahllo

Apahllo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 169 posts
Lone wolves are fearless so they can't go to ground

HQ - Logan
HQ - Rune Priest
E - Lone Wolf
Tr - 10 Grey Hunters w/ 2 Melta, MotW Standard w/ Pod
H - 6 Long Fangs w/ 3 Plasma Cannons and 2 Multimeltas w/Pod
Aegis line w/ comms relay

Lone wolves are fearless and can't go to ground and blessings(prescience) can't be cast on the turn you arrive from reserve because they happen at the beginning of the movement and you deep struck at the beginning of your movement.

And if your lone wolf is killed on turn 1, without any other units on the board(not 100% sure about this) you will auto lose. Something like "if an opponent has zero models on the board at the end of a turn, they lose the game.

Just want to help out wolf brother, not trying to rain on your parade.

PoRkChOp SaNdWiChEswhistling.gif

dswanick

dswanick

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,188 posts
  • Chapter Name: Legio XI

Lone wolves are fearless and can't go to ground and blessings(prescience) can't be cast on the turn you arrive from reserve because they happen at the beginning of the movement and you deep struck at the beginning of your movement.

"Q: Blessings are manifested ‘at the start of the Psyker’s Movement phase’ – does this mean they happen simultaneously with Reserves
rolls, Outflanking rolls etc and if so which is resolved first? (p68)
A: They do occur simultaneously – as such, the player whose turn it is decides in what order these things occur as per
page 9 of the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook.
", BRB FAQW

And if your lone wolf is killed on turn 1, without any other units on the board(not 100% sure about this) you will auto lose. Something like "if an opponent has zero models on the board at the end of a turn, they lose the game.

Except he'll be getting half of his Drop Pods turn 1, so it won't be an auto-lose.

QUOTE (Loki-LaughingDeath @ Feb 11 2011, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love Tau in CC, it's like clubbing baby seals, only tau are neither cute nor fluffy or protected by the Maritime Mammal Act..... so it's perfectly legal and the Sierra Club ASPCA nuts won't come looking for you!

QUOTE (-Max- @ Aug 1 2011, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the regular Guardsman you've got Commissars holding guns to their backs. They're faithful in their own way, sometimes mightily so, but they are regular folks who've led regular lives, with the completely understandable desire to continue living that causes them to duck when they get shot at. Sisters are orphans raised in perpetual Sunday school, fanatical to the point that they look at Repentia and feel a twinge of jealousy that those girls will see the Emperor sooner than they will.

irwit

irwit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,125 posts

Out of interest what are you using for combi plasmas?  Ive been trying out all sorts of conversions trying to get a nice look.  

Thanks

Apahllo

Apahllo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 169 posts

rai and imo, this means you can make them in what order you want but not do both. as making a deepstrike move means another action would not be at the beginning of said units movement phase. if im wrong something has changed and so be it, i just want the truth.

and im pretty sure its player turn but i cant find it in the rule book.

PoRkChOp SaNdWiChEswhistling.gif

grouj

grouj

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 46 posts

Out of interest what are you using for combi plasmas?  Ive been trying out all sorts of conversions trying to get a nice look.  

http://excommunicate...ace-wolves.html

turns out really good.

I am also thinking of taking logan out, replacing the fangs with more longfangs and shifting some stuff around to allow for a wolf priest in the group for prefered enemy and giving deathwind launchers to the pods so they can be a threat.

jbickb

jbickb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 633 posts
The thing that always worried me about the death wind was the 12" range and the possibility of scattering back onto my guys, plus I'm not sure Str 5 AP - is actually worth the 20 points you pay.
ETL 2013 03 Custos Fidei 02
2013 winters advance 3
2013 winters advance token

Sohail187

Sohail187

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts

ill post come pics of the thunderstorm laucnhers compared to a standard platform from forge world when i get home tonight. However i do not see any reason not to use them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users