Grotsmasha's Conversion Challenge 2: Librarians

I haven't quite decided if I'll be joining this or not. Really dependent of if I can manage to buy a Chaos Lord on Manticore and Chaos Warshrine box some time this summer... Which is all dependent on if I can get a job for the summer... You can see where this is going.

RULES:

1- The finished model is not to be painted, the conversion should be

bare plastic/resin/metal, the small odd painted piece stolen from a

previously painted model is OK.

2- Must have a Psychic Hood and Force Weapon, doesn't need to be codex legal, rule of cool here. 

3- Maximum of 25% existing models in Metal/Finecast, and any Plastic Independent/Named Characters:

---25% consists of the following combinations;

--- Head- 0% can be from any existing model

---1x Arm- 12.5%, 2x Arms- 25% either from the same or separate models

---1x Leg- 12.5%, 2x Legs- 25% either from the same or separate models

---Torso- 25%

---Things like FW's Red Scorpion upgrade pack DO NOT count to the 25% limitation.

4- Green Stuff/Sculpting putty is fine, small details to a full sculpt.

I'd also like some clarification on these rules beyond War Angel's post - where you replied that we can't use an existing figure in its entirety and have to pick and choose parts. No problems there, but the way you have it worded makes it appear that the percentage rules only apply to metal, fincast, and/or IC/Named Character models.

Does this mean the multi-part plastic kits are free and clear of the percentage rules, like the Red Scorpion upgrade kit you mentioned? If so, where does the SM Commander multi-part plastic kit fall? Technically, it's an IC and multi-part plastic kit at the same time.

For example, let's say I wanted to build my Libby completely from Blood Angels Death Company plastic parts. Is that allowed or does it clash with the percentage rules?

Thanks,

-BCK

I, Ninjasuperspy undertake Grotsmasha's Librarian Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one Librarian by July 2nd, 2013.

I'm actually in the middle of a Librarian Kitbash at the moment honestly but it is partially based on another conversion I saw on this site, is that OK?

Yep all multipart plastic kits are fair game, so an all DC Libby is A-OK.

Cheers,

Jono

Excellent. In that case...

I, Brother Chaplain Kage, hereby undertake Grotsmasha's Librarian Conversion Challenge to supply at least one converted Librarian by July 2nd, 2013.

@ ninjasuperspy: Safe!!!! :tu:

Alrighty guys, I've had several people ask, so new rule,

9- If you wish to participate in any previous challenge, declare your intention here and post your completed models in the appropriate Completions thread. This will entitle you to use the banners/pips from that challenge, the time frame from the current challenge still applies. You'll find the links at the start of this post.

It's been added to the first post.

Cheers,

Jono

I, eXetus, undertake Grotsmasha's Librarian Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one Librarian by July 2nd, 2013.

What the heck... may as well add him to my second ETL II vow when I get done with the first vow.

If I can finish my ETLII vow before the third week of June, I'll probably jump in.

That's not looking too likely though.

Since there's no consequences for failure, why not vow anyway?.Then you'll have a nice and easy 2nd vow as well. :tu:

Cheers,

Jono

I've been wanting to build a sorcerer for my Word bearers. The only problem is that every time I try to build a WB HQ they always look more like Dark Apostles than anything else... what can I say, I love maces and skull masks :P

Welcome one and all to Grotsmasha's Conversion Challenge 2: Librarians, the second challenge, back by popular demand.

So the premise is pretty simple, you have 1 month to kit-bash a Librarian for your army or display following the rules outlined below.

RULES:

8- You must declare participation a minimum of 24hrs prior to declaring completion, having said that, I don't mind if you've had a little head start,.

So, how much of a head start are we talking?  I started a Libby back in 2010, but he still isnt finished yet :/

I, VarredG, undertake Grotsmasha's Librarian Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one Librarian by July 2nd, 2013.

and one question. cen he be without force weapon? I'd rather have him with opened palm like he's using The Force :D

Set it up so that his force weapon is integrated into his gauntlets, a la wires running down his forearm, unique plate, etc. As long as it can be interpreted as a force weapon, you should be good. Plus, you can count them as Force Mauls, lol.

Welcome one and all to Grotsmasha's Conversion Challenge 2: Librarians, the second challenge, back by popular demand.

So the premise is pretty simple, you have 1 month to kit-bash a Librarian for your army or display following the rules outlined below.

RULES:

8- You must declare participation a minimum of 24hrs prior to declaring completion, having said that, I don't mind if you've had a little head start,.

So, how much of a head start are we talking?  I started a Libby back in 2010, but he still isnt finished yet :/

As much as you have really is all good, just be sure to vow first. For the Chaplain Challenge it took me all of 10 mins once I got my bits in the mail.

Cheers,

Jono

Archived