Syddraf's E Tenebrae Lux II WIP Log

syddraf

Hi all,

Will be doing hopefully doing a couple of big vows, especially with this challenge issued by the templars.

First up is the Deathwing.

I'll be doing Belial, a Librarian, an Interrogator-Chaplain, Command Squad, Deathwing Knights, 4 Deathwing Terminator Squads, 2 Venerable Dreadnoughts, a Landraider Crusader, and a Landraider Redeemer.

HQ Characters

med_gallery_62032_8506_927394.jpg

Command Squad

med_gallery_62032_8506_807458.jpg

Deathwing Knights

med_gallery_62032_8506_707908.jpg

Deathwing Terminator Squads

med_gallery_62032_8506_300193.jpg

med_gallery_62032_8506_1239041.jpg

med_gallery_62032_8506_1475742.jpg

med_gallery_62032_8506_1531514.jpg

Dreadnoughts

med_gallery_62032_8506_72462.jpg

med_gallery_62032_8506_583887.jpg

Landraiders are been built now, hope to have them done tonight or tomorrow night.

As you can see lots of fun ahead,

Syd

Good looking vow, It gets my "thumbs up" - Just a comment thought - with the newest FAQ, each squad has to have a Powersword/Stormbolter as the Character (silly FAQ) - You could condense the (4) squads into (2) and not lose any points and be keeping it "codex legal".  

Just 2c - Best of Luck with the Vow!

Paul

Thanks all

@ Paul, didn't know that, originally I built them using the all important rule of cool, but had to move guys around for it to be legal, will change it again, don't want those templars to have ammo for complaints.

@farformsam go for it I stole it from a google image search, and my chaplain is another theft

Landraider Crusader almost finished

med_gallery_62032_8506_1304483.jpg

med_gallery_62032_8506_407110.jpg

And Redeemer isn't far behind

med_gallery_62032_8506_5874.jpg

med_gallery_62032_8506_891702.jpg

Any ideas how I can make them more Deathwingy

Weather had been crap here so no advances on the painting front.

Have my next vow payed for just waiting for this one to be done first.

Great start; to DWify them just paint 'em bone instead of green. Simple biggrin.png

stobz

and make t-rex noises as you advance them towards the enemy.... proven to improve wound/hit rolling* :)

* ok.. it doesn't... well it might for you.. but I'm a lost cause..

<<Insert Boromir Meme here>>

One does not simply paint bone like Stobz

Not with 10,000 men could you do this. It is folly! ;)

Nice sponson weapons on the LR! :tu:

Well thanks to a sunny day, a GW spraygun and 10001 men I have base coated my full vow with Rakarth Flesh

med_gallery_62032_8506_635313.jpg

Just started a Seraphim Sepia wash, and I should have the rest of the armour colours done by tomorrow night

Have started armour highlights, got a base colour on all the weapons and robes now.

Didn't realise how much paint I would use painting this many in one hit, downed 2x rakarth, a seraphim wash, a khorne red, and a caliban green, paint hungry little buggers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, haven't had anytime to paint as been in the process of moving and buying a new house,

Got my apothecary done tonight, should be able to get stuck in again now

med_gallery_62032_8506_953637.jpg

Decide early on that all the armour was going to be bone, with the robe colour to indicate job/role, see how this idea goes with the chaplain and librarian

Syddraf, I applaud you on your Apothecary, he's looking great, and the robes/tabards to indicate function is a good idea as well. I feel like the bone needs a little more highlighting and the white looks a bit flat. Maybe a wash of 5:1 water:grey of your choice in some of the tabard recesses would help out with shading the tabard some. The composition of your conversions is awesome and I really like that Chaplain, very inspiring. Looking forward to seeing that Land Raider!

Archived