The Journey begins
Hey everyone at B&C
So to start at the beginning of things, ever since I saw these giants many years ago I knew that if I ever got the money and time I would definitly want one and so I've bought a Reaver from Forge World about 3 months ago and I think it's about time to begin building and painting the giant heap of expensive plastic...
I've thought I would share my journey with all of you mainly for the feedback fellow hobbyists provide and second; that way I've got a reason to complete it and not lose steam halfway through. (Or so I hope)
One of the few things I've pondered a lot is what legion it should be from since it would make quite a big ripple effect if I changed my mind halfway through. My search landed me two options that I liked: it was either gonna be from the Legio Crucius or the Legio Metalica (Legio Astorum is nice but just a bit over represented on the web).
After some hard thinking I've went with the Legio Crucius of two simple reasons: I've haven't seen many of those around and my Space marines are dark red and gold so it would be a nice contrast to them.
With the planning complete I set about the mammoth task of taking inventory, washing and cleaning every last bit of Mechanicus engineering, and GOD are there many small parts in one of these bad boys
But with those tedious tasks complete I went on to the fun part:
Assembly and painting of the legs. After I had undercoated the legs they where dry fitted and then painted.
I may take some flak for this but with a model this big and expensive I painted everything fully before it was permanently glued together, only final washes, highlights and weathering waited to after assembly.
So if you are still with me after the waterfall of words, I will start with the first official photos of Reaver Titan nr: 1003!
(Please remember that this is the first thing bigger than a rhino I've painted so bear with me and my painting skills )
After I took this picture I thought to myself what a lovely painted leg and then I remembered that it's really only the eagle that's visible once the armor goes on...
Here the legs are mostly paited and laid out
The legs have beed glued together in the final position using Loctite power epoxy as i don't really want these joints to fail... set to cure overnight
So this concludes the first post (of many to come if the Omnissiah wills it).
I hope you're enjoying seeing me try my best with this awesome project and you're all welcome to comment and give cc or tips.
Till next time brothers - C
Edited by Brother Callius, 07 July 2013 - 11:53 AM.