Gc08 ETL pledge

That's more Scouts than i've owned in my entire life. Good luck with your vow mate.

ive already got over 60 made and painted, this final lot takes me to 100+ models and 1750 points.

each one is converted too...

my aim is to have them done for this years ultra-meet in 4 weeks time.. its a bit of a push, but ill see what i can do.

if i get these done in time ill pledge an aegis defence line too

thanks for the support chaps.

100 of them??? That look like that? Why?

Each is converted?? In what way?

i have 100 (107 + HQs and transports to be precise) because its a dual use army, aswell as scouts, they double as sisters of battle.. or more precisely they are scouts that use the SoB dex.

i know its hard to tell, but the models are an amalgamation of both scouts and space marines, i use SM heads and torsos with scout arms and legs.

The hardest part is getting the bodies and legs to fit, it requires alot of trimming and dry fitting, i also have to shave the sides of the bodies to get the bolter arms to line up (which need some bending), as SM torsos are a fair bit wider than scout ones.

an update

have got 20 basecoated, i had to do it by hand (or brush), as i ran out of black spray, took forever, but its done now.

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/greatcrusade08/003-28_zps20d3e044.jpg

i have another 15 all ready for the last highlights
http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/greatcrusade08/005-22_zps63de2d9c.jpg

and i have 5 completed
http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/greatcrusade08/004-27_zps3b31a80a.jpg

just need to finish the chainsword

Always love seeing your work! If memory serves, you had a tutorial in the past on combining the scout and PA models? I want to try making your armored scouts for my Inq. army, as henchman in carapace armor.

i cant remember making a tutorial as such, but im always happy to do a step by step guide if anyone needs help.

im always available by PM too.

ill have to get my camera out this week and take some pics for ease of understanding

i managed in the last week to get a proper tutorial done, it can be found in the tutorial section under modelling.

as for my progress, about half of my pledge is complete

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/greatcrusade08/002_zpsfba6826f.jpg

and here is my ADL ready for basecoating, my lack of black spray is really going to be a pain on this one
http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/greatcrusade08/0013_zpsfa3ff45d.jpg

yeah its a Kr one, they actually pack them in better than GW cases, less movement in the foam.. i own 3 cases all together but only ever brought one (a big double one for £60 from GW), the rest i inherited from other people

i look forward to seeing your stuff too mate, should be a good weekend.. just over a week to go.

my aim was to have all these finished and ready for the ultra-meet, im really going to have to step up the work rate.

of the twenty i had left, ten are awaiting the last few highlights (couple days at most i hope), and the other ten are starting to get basecoated (in variours stages of grey and blue atm)

hopefully i can get these done before the end of the weekend, a friend has taken away the ADL to spray it for me, so hopefully.. fingers crossed i can make my next friday deadline

Ultra-meet?

Liking the scouts fella, the mixture of parts goes together well.

Thanks brother Tyrax, the ultra-meet is held once a year at GWHQ in Nottingham, started as a way for this boards ultramarine players to meet up, but now its more of a social gathering for anyone whow wants to come.

we ususally play a few one on ones, have a beer in bugmans, sundays are usually a massive 40k game on one of thier apoc tables, and graham mcneill normally stops by for a chat and to sign some books for us.

quite enjoyable really yes.gif

Looking awesome, will you be vowing more once you finish?

im not sure tbh, i do have another ten or so close combat scouts to convert up and paint, but i may wait until the new dex comes out before i start fiddling with anymore..

ill probably end up painting some fantasy tbh

quick update, i finally managed to finish all of the infantry models, and have started on the ADL.

if anyone is contemplating painting a defence line, it takes alot longer than i first thought.

ill have pictures later today

And a recipe that works wonders! This is an impressive effort gc08 and produced a force you should be rightly proud of! Once you're done with the ADL you'd be a hero of the Chapter! :)

Archived