Color Hex Codes for New GW Paint Line

Nice idea, but you should probably be aware that you can only ever get a very, very rough approximation of a paint colour on a computer screen — if it actually matches the real colour, that's because of pure, dumb luck.

Why is that? For starters, because paint reflects light of its colour while a computer screen generates light of the desired colour; this creates a perceptual difference between the two. Equally important is that just about no two screens show exactly the same colours, so what looks spot-on on yours, may look completely different on mine. This can be avoided somewhat by calibrating your screen before working with colours, but the vast majority of people don't know even that this can be done, and if they do know they likely don't have access to the required equipment smile.png (Me, I think my screen came calibrated from the factory, but I'm not 100% sure of it, and even if I was, I don't know how well they calibrated it … )

These were created using GW's own color splotches, as I said in the caution. ;) If they are off, they are off. This is intended to give people a starting place when creating color schemes. Hopefully someone can get some use out of this.

These were created using GW's own color splotches, as I said in the caution. msn-wink.gif

I know, I'm just saying that it's not a good idea to try and get paint colours to match them, regardless of the source smile.png

Archived