World Eaters 1500

Brother Heinrich

So I've been attempting to build a fairly well rounded but still semi-fluffy World Eaters list. Let me know what you gents think.

HQ:

Legion Praetor - Iron Halo, Paragon Blade - 150pts

ELITES:

Contemptor Dreadnought - Twin-Linked Lascannon, Havoc Missile Launcher - 215pts

TROOPS:

Tactical Support Squad (7) - 4x Plasma Guns, 2x Flamers, Sgt w/Combi-Melta - 200pts

Legion Assault Squad (10) - Power Weapon, Chain Axes - 260pts

Legion Assault Squad (10) - Power Weapon, Chain Axes - 260pts

FAST ATTACK:

Outrider Squadron (3) - 3x Twin-Linked Meltaguns - 165pts

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Landraider Phobos - 250pts

TOTAL: 1500pts

* The Praetor and the Tac support squad will roll in Phobos and act as Terminator killers and problem solvers, Contemptor will stomp around and draw fire, Assault squads will do what they do best, and the Outriders will hunt vehicles and other tough points.

With the exception of the sergeant, all the weapons of the tactical support squad need to be the same, so you'll need to change it to all flamers or all plasmaguns. A Land Raider seem a bit expensive for simply delivering a plasma squad, and though you do have the praetor there to assault thing as well, you can't do that if you fire the plasma guns.

Otherwise it looks good to me.

With the exception of the sergeant, all the weapons of the tactical support squad need to be the same, so you'll need to change it to all flamers or all plasmaguns. A Land Raider seem a bit expensive for simply delivering a plasma squad, and though you do have the praetor there to assault thing as well, you can't do that if you fire the plasma guns.

Ah gotcha, thanks I missed that. Would a command squad with power axes be a better option? My idea was to have something that I can throw into TEQ's to deal with them.

Ah gotcha, thanks I missed that. Would a command squad with power axes be a better option? My idea was to have something that I can throw into TEQ's to deal with them.

Let me tell you something I learned from an ork or two:

"Chop da shooty stuff, and shoot da choppy stuff"

If you are going to switch your list around at least try to get one or two tactical squads as assault squads are poor for holding objectives. With that in mind, fury of the legions is the best way to take out termies, because tangling with them in cc will see your guys dead due to lack of good weapons to combat them.

I would suggest trading the land raider for some medusas for ap 2 or getting executioner pred squads for cheap (triple plasma cannon blast scares the bejeezus out of legion players)

Alright, here's an alternate list taking into consideration the critiques.

HQ:

Legion Praetor - Iron Halo, Paragon Blade - 150pts

ELITES:

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (5) - Chainaxes - 125pts

Contemptor Dreadnought - Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon - 190pts

Contemptor Dreadnought - Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon - 190pts

TROOPS:

Legion Tactical Squad (10) - Power Weapon, Bolters, Bolt Pistols, Chainaxes, Rhino - 215pts

Legion Tactical Squad (10) - Power Weapon, Bolters, Bolt Pistols, Chainaxes, Rhino - 215pts

FAST ATTACK:

Legion Outrider Squadron (3) - 3x Twin-Linked Meltaguns - 165pts

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Landraider Phobos - 250pts

TOTAL: 1500pts

*The Legion Praetor is with the veteran squad in the Phobos providing support to any tactical squad that gets in over it's head, The Contemptors run around messing stuff up and hunting infantry formations, and the Outriders hunt tanks and walkers alongside the Phobos. 

Archived