Chaplain Conversion with Vanguard

Volfen

I just recently finished a group of Vanguard for my Golden Lion chapter and needed a new Chaplain to go with them.

The fluff for my chapter says that the Golden Lions use no Skull iconography on their armor (which makes for a lot of conversions, let me tell you) msn-wink.gif, so I thought a "Ghost Mask" might fit the bill for a chaplain. This led me to the Dante model which I have always liked. A little bit of conversion to drop the Blood Angel symbols, a change of weapons, and viola! A Chaplain ready to lead his troops on the tabletop.

My painting skills are mediocre but I thought I'd share with you all how they turned out.

First, Chaplain Maric

gallery_61766_8595_6776.jpg

The Combi-Flamer is straight from the GW combi - weapons pack. Note the Crozius looks very much like a No-Dachi msn-wink.gif

gallery_61766_8595_35964.jpg

Front and Side views. Most of the Blood Angel symbols were replaced with jewels. The Lion symbol on his left shoulder and the Lion Mane on his head are green stuff.

gallery_61766_8595_2843.jpg

gallery_61766_8595_21178.jpg

gallery_61766_8595_71171.jpg

A few pics showing Maric Leading the Vanguard.

gallery_61766_8595_38643.jpg

gallery_61766_8595_84011.jpg

gallery_61766_8595_67448.jpg

Comments an criticisms welcome smile.png

That's a pretty nice model. Why did you forego the Crozius for a Power Sword? Just wondering, because that is a Chaplains badge of office like his helmet.

arguably more so since a chaplain can take his helmet off in battle, whereas the CA is used to smite the enemies of the emperor. maybe the chapter's interpretation of a sacred symbol among the adeptus astartes? nice conversion though, nice to see new life in a good mini. 

Archived