Mozley's ETL Vow

BassMattJaxx

Vow progress thread time friends.

The all important vow:

I mozley answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 2 Dreadnoughts with 2 x Twin-Linked Autocannons, A Devastator squad with 4 Missile Launchers, and a Sanginuary Priest with Jump Pack from Codex Blood Angels of total value 445 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Angels Sanguine (and by extension the Blood Angels) and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

First up is 1 of my converted Dreadnoughts with 2 Twin Linked Autocannons, in base coat glory.

He's second hand from a mate, so I'll need to touch up the feet a bit before proceeeding.

1014337_10151699400669254_270340754_n.jp

Yeehaw, action! It's good to hear and see progress. I love the mounting of the autocannons. They look just as deadly as they should. You should consider it a scoop with a furioso secondhand. 4 of mine started as AOBR dreads and my autocannons are all aegis gun parts just slapped unto the dreads. Yours look a lot cooler!

Cheers for the feedback guys thanks.gif

To borrow a line from Supernatural, The road so far:

I've spent the last couple of nights on it, and so far I've gotten the main red/black done, with a bit of metallic as well.

1010230_10151703169459254_145749040_n.jp1013931_10151703169334254_776199444_n.jp1005715_10151703169359254_178907641_n.jp

Cheers lads.

Demoulius, I made the arms from the quadgun and a pair of Ironclad dread arms (Furiso one's will work too!)

I cut the dread arms at the elbow joint, so it's flush - if you're pro with magnets, you can probably magnatise the joint.

The quadgun's a little more tricky, but if you cut each section just behind the 2 fins (see pictures above) then file one side down (the one without the skull) so they're flush and glue together. Then it's just a case of filing down the top part of the gun where the sensor sits, and glue it to the dread arm so that the barrel joint sit's flush with the front of the dread arm.

Then simply cut the ammo feeds and pair them up, and stick them on the end.

I'll look at doing a tutorial perhaps at some stage, it's a fairly simple procedure.

• 1 month later...

Archived