Raztalin's PLOG (pic heavy)

Raztalin

• 11 months later...

Been so busy lately that I havent had half as much time as i'd like to spend on my DW ... built quite alot but not painted much ...

However; just got the base to finish before i post some completed pics.  But here is what I have been working on - the pose seen here has been adjusted a little bit more since; but it should be a notabel difference to the original model posted at the top of page 1!  :)

Pic link died

Aimiong to get him all finished up this week - at which point i'll post multiple pics and angles etc.

Any C&C is most welcome!!

peace out peeps!

Edited by Raztalin

Thanks peeps, appreciate the comments!

@DarkRage - I felt I needed to reposition him, I wasn't convinced he looked "comfortable" in the earlier one...this one looks like he's expecting action, or actively partaking! :-)

@Rdemings - the DragonFly main body is about as wide as the front assault ramp of the Storm Raven... So probably similar to a Vendeta cockpit...? I am going to try another conversion withe the cockpit from the DragonFly at some stage. Personally I'd get another only for the wings again. Get the Storm Raven. It's a great kit and easy to extend, with plasticard if Chapter House kits are unobtainable. I think it needs it too as it looks too stubby, and unbelievable if its to hold the capacity it's meant too...but not dissimilar to many GW kits lol.

Once again cheers for the views and comments; and hopefully I can get some better pics, in better light once the base is done, at the weekend.

Update time :)

As I havent really based any of my minis in the past - lazy some may say, not fused others may call it  - either way, I have made a start (clean up required) and quite like how they turned out. It maynot be great, but its a base lol and above all easy and quick to do!

As I was doing the Chapy I decided to do my Liby too; let me know what you think (phone pics are still a little dull, apologies for that!):

Pic link died

And some closer individual shots:

Chapy:

Pic link died

And the Liby:

Pic link died

I will try and get some scroll work done in the next few days; but essentailly they are both pretty much there ... minus a clean up around the base edges!!

As always, C&C is welcomed and appreciated!

Thanks

Edited by Raztalin

Mate, that Chaplain is great. I can't wait to face him on the battlefield :biggrin.: and seeing those flyers with bigger pictures is awesome. I want more!!!

Nemac

We'll have my Chaplain Vs Krannon soon enough my friend!!

Will see if I can spare some time this weekend to further the 1st Storm Eagle along.  That and add more details to the 3 other Land Raiders I have now built!

• 1 year later...

Oh Bejeezus ... more than a year since I add anything to this thread!!!  Shame on me.

Mind you I havent done too much in the way of painting...

What I have done is build myself a couple of squads that I'm going to use the ETL to hopefully encourage me to get them painted!!!

So my first vow will be for a simple 5 man Tact Squad:

Pic link died

Hopefully then my second will be another:

Pic link died

If i manage all that (I know ... 10 models...but time!! lol) then i'll do the RB transports (Las and TL Plas) for both squads (see in pics above, 2nd one awaiting FW doors still)

And the icing on the cake will be the Company Master I've built too:

Pic link died

These will be done in a similar style to this test mini:

Pic link died

I'll try keep this log updated with my progress - and the Lion willing i'll actually achieve something this year!!!

Edited by Raztalin

Looking forward to seeing these guys painted mate, I really like the turrets on those Razorbacks and the Company Master looks really cool. If you complete your vow we should arrange a small game between my WB's and your DA's, should be fun :D

Nemac

Thanks mate, I need all the encouragement i can get!!!  And having 2 painted forces face off is something i'll endevour to achieve!!!

The turrets are Puppetswar ones, glad i found a use for them, they'll look suitable different to the FW / GW ones.

Still debating adding a cloak to the CM ... but yeah i'm happy with how h elooks, just need to perfect my scheme and technique on the rank and file before i drop onto him!

Been so busy lately that I havent had half as much time as i'd like to spend on my DW ... built quite alot but not painted much ...

However; just got the base to finish before i post some completed pics.  But here is what I have been working on - the pose seen here has been adjusted a little bit more since; but it should be a notabel difference to the original model posted at the top of page 1!  :smile.:

http://daventrysquash.co.uk/ben/Pictures/chapy/IMAG0697_1.jpg

Aimiong to get him all finished up this week - at which point i'll post multiple pics and angles etc.

Any C&C is most welcome!!

peace out peeps!

Two melee weapons? If you take off the Interrogator-Chaplain's mask, you'll probably see Samuel L. Jackson's face, and hear Samuel L. Jackson angrily declare he is going to shove that crozius up You Know Where, before his Mace of Absolution smashes in your face.

http://daventrysquash.co.uk/ben/Pictures/Liby/Complete/Faceon.jpghttp://daventrysquash.co.uk/ben/Pictures/Liby/Complete/Faceon2.jpghttp://daventrysquash.co.uk/ben/Pictures/Liby/Complete/Leftrear.jpghttp://daventrysquash.co.uk/ben/Pictures/Liby/Complete/right.jpghttp://daventrysquash.co.uk/ben/Pictures/Liby/Complete/rear.jpghttp://daventrysquash.co.uk/ben/Pictures/Liby/Complete/TopDown.jpg

I will try and get some scroll work done in the next few days; but essentailly they are both pretty much there ... minus a clean up around the base edges!!

As always, C&C is welcomed and appreciated!

Thanks

Chief Librarian Callahan: You forgot what was prophesized of your fortune.

Fallen Angel: What?

Chief Librarian Callahan (charges his Force lance): It said... your luck is feces to be purged.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

Hey, nice librarian conversion!  I am not the only one now.  I did a similar conversion too.  I am sure you had lots of fun filling in all of the GK stuff on the terminator armour.  Good work on the bone armour and on his hair!

1st update for my ETL vow - managed to spend some of the weekend getting base colours on, still a couple to go before washing and then highlighting but its steady progress:

Pic link died

Will hopefully get some time this weekend too. 

Slow and steady wins the race right!? :wink:

Just one question to the audience - Studs ... no not you viewers!  But the ones on the armour :biggrin.:  so at present I’ve coloured the leg ones in silver, but I quite like the idea of Red.  What are you feelings on Red shoulder ones and silver leg ones?  Should they all match in which case red all over or silver all over?  Shoulder studs are so far unpainted, I’m tempted to go with Red anyways, but thought I’d try provoke a conversation about it lol

Edited by Raztalin