Raztalin's PLOG (pic heavy)

Raztalin

Looking good dude!

I know I said originally to do silver studs but looking at it now with the base colours down, I would like to change my mind :D. I think red studs would look very cool, especially as your chapter symbol is in red and you have the Caliban Green on the tabard. That would definatley make them pop - Like Consecrators, I believe Captain Semper has a very nice Consecrators army if you wanted to see how it looks first? I couldn't find the thread myself but maybe this helps - Dark Rage's Consecrators :tu:

Keep it coming buddy!

Nemac

Red! All over. Looks great for the consecrators, I have no doubt you can pull it off

Aside from that, I could've sworn I was following your thread. I don't know why I've never commented on your work. That terminator chaplain of yours in particular is pure badass

Looking good dude!

I know I said originally to do silver studs but looking at it now with the base colours down, I would like to change my mind :D. I think red studs would look very cool, especially as your chapter symbol is in red and you have the Caliban Green on the tabard. That would definatley make them pop - Like Consecrators, I believe Captain Semper has a very nice Consecrators army if you wanted to see how it looks first? I couldn't find the thread myself but maybe this helps - Dark Rage's Consecrators :tu:

Keep it coming buddy!

Nemac

The link is in my sig. Nowhere close to Dark Rage's quality though.

It looks like there is minimalnred on your models. They are just on the shoulder pad markings, right? Where you have a lot of silver components to the paint scheme the silver studs on the legs work well. I also think theylt the studs on the shoulder pad should be red to add some balance. The ones on the legs could be res too but I would keep them silver.

Good looking minis!

Cheers guys. If I could achieve what Cpt. and or Dark have then I'd be chuffed!!

Epher, I agree. I'll keep the studs on the legs silver, and just do the shoulders in red. Hopefully it won't be over kill. The test mini from the Dev set had red on each shoulder which I think is a little ott, and really what got me second guessing. But the studs are not just one large symbol so should hopefully just add something to break up the main colours.

Thanks for the feed back ya'll! Much appreciated.

Its not much of an update but its an update non the less.  The weather was glorious, and I wanted to take the opportunity to get some pics under natural light.  It was so damn bright this weekend!!

What it did do is give a list of things to fix!!

Pic link died

I did get some of the touch up done last night, but by then the light had faded. 

Hope to have all the edge highlighting done on the squad this week - then bases next weekend.

Any C & C welcome

Cheers

Edited by Raztalin

Thanks peeps, appreciate it.

OK so I glued all the arms on last night and did some touch ups:

Pic link died

Once dry i removed them ready to be based (and added the head for the Flamer marine):

Pic link died

Which i will have hopefully achived by the end of the week :biggrin.:

With any luck the next pics will be these based (do they need to be based to be accepted as a finished entry for ETL?), and the next 5 ready to roll!!

Edited by Raztalin

Manged to get some "better" pics of the squad and some individual ones too:

Pic link died

OK - so i need a light box and a camera thats not on my phone lol but hope you like them.

Cheers

EDIT:   Its amazing how in these pics the eyes dont really show as having anything there ... please beleive me - they are painted lol

Edited by Raztalin

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Epher, hopefully the second lot will compliment these, less static poses on them.

On the recomendation of our Brother Arkley i bought a light box from Amazon, Ive taken a couple of test pics so far and they look good, so will try get the squad pics taken this eve and upload them asap.  But England are playing this eve so they may get delayed lol