Company Veterans squad loadout?

Hello everyone,

I will soon be adding a Company Veterans squad to my growing Dark Angel army and I am not sure on what to give them ermm.gif. I was thinking something like this:

Sarge w/ power sword

Veteran w/ power fist

Veteran w/ power axe & plasma pistol

Veteran w/ storm shield

Veteran w/ flamer or melta (I am not sure which one)

They will usually be running with an Interrogator-Chaplain with a power fist so I would like them to be as effective in close combat as possible but without being a points sink. Therefore I would like to know if the storm shield and plasma pistol are worth it and if the power axe is a good choice for this unit. Also if you could help me choose between the meltagun and flamer that would be great.

Any and all feedback will be appreciated.

At least a couple of them should always be without upgrades, imo, so that they can stand at the front an be the first ones killed to Overwatch fire! Also, plasma pistols are way too expensive for what they provide, so I would drop that option too. smile.png

The problem comes with the fact that it's your opponent who'll chose in which order you make the save hence he's likely to begin with the low AP ones (against which the shield has no importance) and keep the melta/plasma W for once the shield bearers will be dead

Actually if its to act like a 5 man command squad, I'd go for a full flamers squad in a pod...

Giving 7 of them plasma pistols, combatshield and retaining pistols is fun. Gunslinger rule to the maximum... but I magnetize them. Mostly Company veterans are there to bring few combibolters (I prefer combi flamers putting 3 of them per 10 vet makes nasty surprise for assault units) but they get cheap stormshields. So giving them bolters most guys, few combiflamers and stormshields (if you have points) and sergeant taking meltabombs, stormshield and some power weapon can make very nasty unit.

Here's a suggestion for you: Vet Sergeant with power fist and storm shield.  I call him Sergeant Intimidation.  Issue challenges with him at every opportunity.  With the storm shield there's an excellent chance he'll survive to swing his fist, and if he does there's an excellent chance he'll splatter any fool who takes him up on the challenge.  Alternately, opponents might refuse the challenge and thus knock one of their characters out of the fight voluntarily.  Either way, it's a net win.

Here's a suggestion for you: Vet Sergeant with power fist and storm shield.  I call him Sergeant Intimidation.  Issue challenges with him at every opportunity.  With the storm shield there's an excellent chance he'll survive to swing his fist, and if he does there's an excellent chance he'll splatter any fool who takes him up on the challenge.  Alternately, opponents might refuse the challenge and thus knock one of their characters out of the fight voluntarily.  Either way, it's a net win.

That's an interesting idea, i'll give that one some thought... 

That is like Blood Angels assault sargeant - Jump pack. Its nasty surprise when people come challenge your sergeant with powerfist and stormshield. Instakilling named characters is quite possible. My humble Assault Sarge with fist and stomshield gave run Calgar run for the money, leaving Calgar in a duel hanging on with single wound.

Archived