Leinmann's ETL II WIP thread

Afternoon gents and lasses. as its a lovely day and i finally have more than 1 day off in a row (and the housework has all been done and real life can take 5 minutes to let me breath) i thought i'd get some photos uploaded for my ETL II vow. so here they are:

IMG20130619 001   Copy

my platoon, minus the HWT

IMG20130619 002   Copy

my rough riders, regimental advisors and preacher

IMG20130619 003

finally my storm troopers, leman russ battle tank, leman russ demolisher (land raider conversion) and veteran squad. 

the only pics i have to upload now are of my sly marbo counts-as, and the HWT for my platoon. some of the models i've used have been scavenged from my old necromunda gang so will be getting a recoat. well, now to crack the paints and brushes out. today s a good day. 

@captain semper yes there will be bigger pics once each unit is complete, my new digi camera arrives next week so won't have to.worry about blurry pics either :)

@warriorfish the rough riders will be interesting as they use WFB chaos knights instead of marauders combined with cadian parts. my brother was getting rid of the box so i thought 'i wonder what if...'

• 1 month later...

here goes take 2 on updating this thread to show some of my progress so far. 

first up are 2 pics that i needed at the beginning:

IMG20130725 001

the HWT unpainted, although as i said before i changed the heavy bolter to another AC but the points are the same

IMG20130725 002

my Malatek Stalker (counts as Sly Marbo)

so onward with some finished images:

IMG20130725 003

my veteran squad finished

IMG20130725 004

my khornate preacher finished (he does have a khorne rune on his back but i was in a rush to get these pics done at the time)

IMG20130725 005

Regimental Advisors finished (left to right: Officer of the Fleet, Bodyguard, Bodyguard, Astropath)

IMG20130725 006

my rough riders finished  (i really enjoyed painting these and will get a better pic soon as this one doesn't do it the justice they deserve)

IMG20130725 007

my storm troopers finished (i enjoyed both modelling and painting these, but like the RRs they need a better pic)
as i've said before in the imperial guard strategium, i've only got the tanks to do now, and work is very much under way with those. for The Regiment/Dark Gods/The Emperor. 

oh now you're just not so much inspiring me to finish as me making grin manically at the thought of thrashing the space pups. will be cracking on with it then. to the forges i go!!! biggrin.png

edit: should really read my sentences first before posting so as they actually make sense

i am really sorry for my late impact guys, but i am happy to declare VOW COMPLETE. i was going to finish them off on tuesday, but unfortunately i seem to have developed an abscess and have been in a bit of pain (or it could just be that the dark gods are starting to reward me?). but without further ado, and with hours to spare, i present the last of my pics to show my vow is complete.

IMG20130815 001

my leman russ battle tank and leman russ demolisher conversion

IMG20130815 002

my Malatek Stalker, in IW colours as its in homage to their 'masters'

IMG20130815 003

my Platoon Command Squad, the banner was the only real stump as its all GS and made from sprue, so kept tipping over until i put a washer on the bottom, theme is chaos undivided

IMG20130815 004

finished Infantry Squad with heavy bolter and grenade launcher (sergeant has plasma pistol and power axe). the theme for this squad is khorne.

IMG20130815 005

finished infantry squad with autocannon and melta gun (sergeant has a bolt pistol and power knife). the theme for this squad is nurgle.

IMG20130815 006

finished Special Weapons squad with X3 flamers. theme for the squad is tzeentch.

IMG20130815 007

finished heavy weapons squad with X2 autocannons and X1 missile launcher. theme for the squad is chaos undivided.
as i've said before i'm sorry it took a while to finish but it finally stands here in all its glory to show the completion of my vow. For The Regiment, and For The Dark Gods!
and as usual, thank you to Captain Semper for inspiring me to yet again have a fully painted army. and thank you to everyone who has shown support and who's own armies have inspired me to complete my vow. and thanks for the patience too whistlingW.gif thumbsup.gif

Archived