Here there be Monsters-Blood and Brass

So I keep feeling the call of the blood god, and in no small part due to my first victory in a month using some bloodletter proxies alongside my recent berzerkers, I am going to be kitbashing some up (as well as some more classical ones quite probably) when the ETL is over, my question to you dear readers, is what sort of things make good blood letters? (since I have some nid bits around, they will probably find a way into them as well.).

Here is Vow 4.

Aelianus the Pristine

He keeps his armour in brightest polish, even by the standards of the Hoardkeepers. He also continues to display the imperial aquila in mockery of his former masters. He wears a modified flamer of his own design, rather than shoot flaming promethium, it vomits forth a stream of molten gold supplied by great furnaces affixed to the back of his armour. It covers his enemies in a thick layer of optically pleasing gold as it muffles their dying screams. He often pauses in battle to admire such creations, the best of which he earmarks for future use as statues, the rest he hacks apart and throws back into the furnace to be melted down and weaponized once more, bone, flesh, blood, and gold.

Hoardkeepers Captain Right Side

Hoardkeepers Captain Mark

Hoardkeepers Captain Furnace

Hoardkeepers Captain Front

Hoardkeepers Captain Front (2)

Hoardkeepers Captain Finished

Here is a group picture, also I am going to be doing a blog outside of BnC so when I start up my new Chaos Eldar Army I can post pictures of it! In any case, here is the link, although Don't expect it to contain much else right now other than what you can find here besides larger pictures. Also, you can find me on Dark City as well, where I may be doing something for that project. BUT BACK TO THE BnC!!! Here is a picture of my collected progress work here for the ETLIII:

ETL III Group Picture

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I am back(ish). I have been super busy but I have recently dug back in to the hobby with the release of the new Dark Eldar codex. As such my endeavors can be seen on my blog but not on the B and C.

However, I have a rules question. I am planning on making some xenos who have been afflicted with the obliterator virus which I will be using as actual obliterators. The base models are the Gorgon and Gryphon light myrmidons from warmachine. My question is this, "Am I allowed to post pictures of these on the Bolter and Chainsword?"

As far as I can tell, the reasons for allowing it are that rules wise and flavor wise they fall solidly within Chaos. The main strike against is that they are intended to be xenos, although they aren't actually based of xenos models, so I wasn't sure. Anyways, thanks for reading and please drop by my blog if you get a chance.

Hey all, I have some BnC friendly content amongst the stuff I have been working on.

I have had this spawn sitting around for years and finally got to cleaning the mold lines off of it before the final green stuff stages. Here yo are.

Two Headed Chaos Spawn WIP 1

I have returned with more pics.

Two headed spawn:

Two Headed Spawn Before Prime Front

Two Headed Spawn Before Prime Right

Two Headed Spawn Before Prime Back

Two Headed Spawn Before Prime Left

Two Headed Spawn Before Prime Above

And next one, the Shell spawn, who needs some greenstuff.

Shell Spawn Before Greenstuff Front

Shell Spawn Before Greenstuff Above

Also, I would be hugely appreciative if Flint, Biohazard, and Kraut Scientist could take a look at the beginnings of my Khornate worshippers that aren't quite board friendly as linked in my sig. They are a big inspiration for  my Khorne endeavors.

So I was teaching friends to play and one guy's Tzeentch sorc killed a disabling blow avatar in close combat with every roll being barely enough for it to work out. He then got dark apothesis. Seemed appropriate and I needed to share. Back to the buildings stuff soon.

So this is a unit of 20 chaos space marines that I told myself I would convert every one. Some are painted, some aren't and a bit here or there may have fallen off a few of them, but I wanted to post up the group shots as I realized such shots don't exist anywhere just yet.

Their aspiring champion is Balgo. The story behind the thrice cursed name is as follows. Balgo was a sargeant of a squad of space marines from the third company of an [as yet unnamed] Ultramarines successor chapter. When the captain of the third company turned on an attached Ecclesiarchy group the chapter was split between those who supported the captain and those who supported the Ecclesiarchy. Since the loyalist faction were eventually victorious and the chapter master had been a staunch supporter of the Ecclesiarchy, the chapter was allowed to engage in a penitent crusade in and around the Maelstrom to reclaim its honor. Balgo was promoted to the head of the remains of the third company. Because that company had been the greatest supporters of their first traitorous captain they were thrown into the vanguard of battle after battle.

Not only were they thus cursed by heavy casualties they began to suffer from subtle mutations and gene-seed corruption. Balgo, recognizing that the worst of these mutations could never be allowed to be seen by the rest of his chapter started to cleanse his own ranks. The third company accepted their fate and began to keep the names of the lost within their armor, so as to not forget that they were fighting for not just their own honor, but that of their fallen brethren. Miraculously the chapter managed to survive toward the end of its crusade. Unfortunately, upon investigations into the high rate of inoperable wounds and geneseed destruction in the second company, the chapter master discovered what Balgo had really been doing. In horror, he ordered the second and fourth companies to destroy what he saw as mutant harborors and traitors, the third company. Balgo and his troops received early warning from one of the ships sent to destroy them and fled into the Maelstrom. There, whether on his own accord or perhaps due to whispers of some denizen of the warp he nurtured a deep bitterness.

When next the third company returned to realspace, they did so in a raid on an imperial planet. They used their mutations as powerful if unwanted weapons and several chaos spawn were seen at the front used callously as cannon fodder and shock troops. Different members amongst their number had found refuge in the worship of various warp entities from the minor to the four themselves. Balgo has dedicated himself to chaos undivided in order to better seek his vengeance. He despises himself but hates the Imperium that cursed and cast him out all the more. He fights just to see the servants of the God Emperor fall. This bitterness has since been harnessed by the Tide of Blood for good effect. As long as the Tide continues to provide Balgo with an outlet for his fury he will lead his men against any of their foes as his hatred toward every being not under his command only grows and he cares little for who he slays each day as long as his blade remains slick with their blood.

Balgo's Thrice Cursed Group Shot WIP

Balgo's Thrice Cursed Group Shot Section 2 WIP

Balgo's Thrice Cursed Group Shot Section 1 WIP

Balgo's Thrice Cursed Group Shot Section 5 WIP

Balgo's Thrice Cursed Group Shot Section 4 WIP

Balgo's Thrice Cursed Group Shot Section 3 WIP

Edited by Teetengee

Yeah, I went back to college for the fall term and couldn't find time to keep up with the forum. I am a little terrified to go look at what happened in the liber cluster, I may end up waiting until winter break to open that can as I had fallen a little behind even before college came back up.

Yeah, I went back to college for the fall term and couldn't find time to keep up with the forum. I am a little terrified to go look at what happened in the liber cluster, I may end up waiting until winter break to open that can as I had fallen a little behind even before college came back up.

It'll be quite the read. The Cluster awaits, brother.

BTW, nice work here, keep bringing the good stuff! :)