Here there be Monsters-Blood and Brass

Some thought salad for when I get around to it.

Slaanesh lord (Counts as jump pack)

hanging from hooks embedded in his flesh that are suspended by servo skulls and perhaps small imps

gimp mask?

flayed skin?

stigmata+crucified pose? (For his mockery of symbolism as he is a bad guy, I do not mean to offend)

shirtless

carrying pistols? or something else?

Question is bits?

I am thinking perhaps the BA range would be a good place to start

Legs: Sanguinor? astorath?

Torso+Hooks: Strong Male Shirtless torso+gs+small fishhooks? some night lords trophy+gs?

Head:?

Weapons:?

Alternatively, I could take the astorath model and shave of the armor bits to leave just the muscle sculpt and then deal with the shaved part to make it look like he has had himself flayed alive.

Edited by Teetengee

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I will get there, also I apologize somewhat for some modeling and painting details on these. I got most of them as part of a bundle when I bought someone's collection who was leaving. They still had mold lines and such. I knew that if I was actually going to sit down and remove them all, I would lose the will to paint. More significantly, since my meta is really proxy heavy (as in I am the major source of all models in the games), I just wanted to put enough paint on these guys to keep me happy, they don't need to be, and I never intended them to be to the level of the heldrake. That being said, I will get some close ups when I get a chance. One squad had a bunch of broken off close combat weapons, so I improvised. Ogre kingdoms weapons made some interesting swaps to say the least. I will definitely give some close ups of those. Also, there have been fewer pictures as I find that picture time is coming out of painting time since I don't need to wait for them to dry very long.

Thank you very much dorn's fist.

Unfortunately, I don't know if my flhs(s) stock it. Also, the shading isn't really an issue so much that the huge amounts of trim on chaos models is.

I may have come across as more negative than I really meant to be. I am happy with how these are coming along, I just feel no need for them to be to the same standards as some of my other work, and I do not want to disappoint.

EDIT: To not double post:

I was wondering whether people think I should paint the helmetless berserker skin in regular flesh tones, or something more chaos/exotic, such as sickly purple or green(although green would put them severely at risk for Christmas marine syndrome).

Edited by Teetengee

So does anyone have any thoughts on whether normal fleshtones or more exotic e.g. purple/green/ blue flesh would work better for the berzerkers? I will probably be finishing painting them tonight and then move on to vow 3.

Exactly the issue I'm debating at the mo. Probably leaning towards a pale flesh tone washed with light blue, but I haven't ruled out a simpler darker flesh tone, heavily shaded for a leathery look. If you've got spare heads (those fang ones yeuch) I'd just experiment.

Ok so I have camera again and I have been doing some playing of games. First a pick of the new kill marking my juggerlord picked up at game this sat (and it was the only worthy offering, the other three characters (which were all just sergeants in the gods' defense) were deemed unworthy by ones.) Then he killed himself with a plasma pistol on overwatch, oh well.

4th Kill Mark

Next some pics of a captain for the Hoardkeepers Captain (insert name here), he is armed with a modified flamer that shoots molten metal, gold if possible, that he fills his back furnace with: He also has a power lance, because power lance.

Hoardkeepers Captain Kitbash

Hoardkeepers Captain Back Furnace

Finally some pics of my ETL Vow for Nurgle

Nurgle Jump Sorc WIP 2

Nurgle Jump Sorc WIP 3 (800x600)

The process so far is this
1. Black primer

2. Skull White wash along the top, pull down with water, flip upside down to dry. Brush currently facing upward side with water.

3. Goblin Green wash along the bottom, pull up with water, flip right side up to dry. Brush currently facing upward side with water.

4. Bleached Bone wash along the top, pull down with water, flip upside down to dry. Brush currently facing upward side with water.

5a. Lesser Enchanted Blue wash along the very bottom, pull up with water. Brush bottom side with water.

5b.while still wet (immediately following 5a in fact, very slight Desert Yellow wash heavily watered down across the top, dragged down with water. Brush currently facing upward side with water. Let Dry.

6. Sunburst yellow wash along top, dragged down with water, brush currently facing upward side with water, flip upside down to dry.*

I can't remember exactly if the water brushing is accurate in all of those steps, it might be on the other side, the point is to make sure the paint is flowing and not getting stuck anywhere.

The middile of this step before the water drag down, is what is shown in the first nurgle pic.

Edited by Teetengee

Yeah, just a few though, I think I might do some chosen at some point too. I feel that they would have a very greek/roman feel to them. Someone is definitely getting a storm shield emblazoned with a medusa when I feel my gs skills are strong enough.