20x mkIV assault squad
2x Deimos Rhino

Fast attack
3x Jetbikes

Heavy Support
2x Spartan assault tank

gallery_66530_8610_1326104.jpg

gallery_66530_8610_1262241.jpg

Great stuff there Vect! It looks like a really detailed job... I believe this would be an awesome project and one to watch for sure! :tu:

I think it would greatly benefit from larger pics though...

If you go to your gallery and right-click on the image it will give you several options from thumbnail to large. I think medium would be an appropriate size. If you get difficulties PM me. ;)

Thanks but now the images are streched tongue.png

I am waiting to paint the base, does anybody have an idea regarding color theory and bases??

the two options are brown or black, both obviously d-brushed but I like the black rim look either way.

Brother Duncs's has nice brown

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/user/25147-brother-duncs/

cheers

Good to see the pics back up. I can't think of a reason why the different size distorts your pics - I'll try to work something out and if I can't I'll take it up with the Admins.

As regards Brother Duncs work, you can PM him and ask him for advice. He can answer to you personally or post in his own thread or post here...

EDIT: Right, here's what I've done: Go to your gallery and select the picture you want. Right-click on it and a small menu will appear on the pic. Select the "direct link to this image file" and it will get you a pic the size you can see below. Copy the url from the browser above. Then go to your WIP thread and select the "image" icon from the menu of your editor (it's the small square blue-ish button that if you rest the cursor on it, it will return the small text reading "image"). Paste the url in the field provided and you'll get the following result

gallery_66530_8610_167416.jpg

PM me if you got any difficulties...

Perfect! Thanks!

Here is Black Lava from Valejjo, and I find it a superior alternative to citadel texture paints, 1. the mixture is much more saturated with sand 2. it's like 5x cheaper.

gallery_66530_8610_753929.jpg

Here are my glorious 3rd. On tuesday they are getting a boost with 5 termis, rhinos, mkiii shoulder pad (i forgot to get them for the squad) and a 20 man assault squad...

gallery_66530_8610_494471.jpg

Now then back to my base dilemma, again :P here is an example of the bases,

gallery_66530_8610_781070.jpg

let me know what you think !!!

Cheers! Dude with a brush, purple is 4 stages so it's not that hard :)

Incase someone has not seen fulgrim yet (low propability) here he is, my friend at FW send it out to me few weeks early.

gallery_66530_8610_1176741.jpg

I am still torn between a few options for basing my EC. I have narrowed it down to the following:

1. Mostly brown base with mud effect. I think brown complements purple well and I can give it the "wet mud" look referring to an Isstvan V theme.

2. Mostly grey to simulate urban scenery. Grey works well with all colors and I can theme my army around the Isstvan III Atrocity.

3. Mostly green as my gaming table is flocked green and my troops will look like belonging. Not the best combo with purple but it's quick, simple and effectve.

Which one of the three options above would you guys think I should go for? Any other suggestions are also welcome."

Nice purple. Care to walk us through the way You painted it? I presume Vallejo Hexed Lichen is involved at some point? As for the bases- they both look fine, but the brown one looks slightly better. I'd suggest throwing on some mordheim turf grass onto it, the dry grass would fit the grey soil, and they'd both be a good backgroung for the purple.

Ch@oZ, on 28 Jun 2013 - 08:39, said:

Nice purple. Care to walk us through the way You painted it? I presume Vallejo Hexed Lichen is involved at some point? As for the bases- they both look fine, but the brown one looks slightly better. I'd suggest throwing on some mordheim turf grass onto it, the dry grass would fit the grey soil, and they'd both be a good backgroung for the purple.

Sorry to disappoint, but I barely have enough time to paint

so that's my tabletop standard. My point is that the paint scheme is dead

simple.

0. I pre-mixed all the ratios of paints into

droppers for obvious reasons, and I use a wet pallet

1. Xereus Purple

2. Druchii Violet wash (straight from the pot)

3. Layering with xereus purple

4. Highlight Xereus Purple : Genestealer Purple (50:50)

5. Highlight Xereus Purple : Genestealer Purple (25:75)

Archived