(40k RPG club details)Black Crusade - Any interest? Ill GM.

@Battle-Brother-Ludovic

The preference seems to be with Google Hangouts, as the feature is integrated into Roll20. Also, now that you have a Roll20 account, you can join the game by clicking on this link while signed in: https://app.roll20.net/join/151938/0-sLLw

@Tazman3002

Before sending out the invites on Roll20, we were aiming for a Night Lords theme on this thread. HOWEVER, I'm hoping that with the GM (emperors immortals) we can reevaluate things altogether. I don't think there should be a problem.

@Verythrax Draconis

Sad to hear you're withdrawing. I think the majority of us prefering to play CSM doesn't preclude anyone else from playing a human. I could join you in playing a human if it balances things out so that you'll join us!

@emperors immortals

Maybe we should hold off our first session since we're getting more people joining up? Given the positive response so far I think I'll message everyone else on Roll20. Also, I'm thinking about the possibility of having more than one GM, whether it be for separate campaigns or even the same campaign in order to accommodate as many people as possible. We could make this effort a go-to gaming group for W40K RPGs in general instead of everyone scattered all over the place.

Cool :)

Just taking my boy to the doctors, hes got goopey-eye-baby-thing, so ill be checking this thread during the day, if any one wants to check out roll20 tonight and figure it out a little im up for that.

The 10pm aussie time thing is just for me running a game, I could make other times as well for general playing.

Im interestd in a posting RP thread somewhere, like http://rpol.net/login.cgi ?

Apart from that, id just be excited to have a group of people iterested in 40k rpg in contact with each other, this is about the most active thread for 40kRP so far :)

@emperors immortals

Really sorry to hear about your boy. I wish him a full and speedy recovery. Take whatever time you need and don't put the RPG as your priority. If you can't make it today/tomorrow, then don't worry about it.

This is really cool! The Roll20 group has a total of 10 people so far. This is turning out much better than I expected. I'll spend some time later tonight to try and message everyone else on Roll20 who indicated an interested in W40K, since my initial send out was to approximately 10 people randomly, just to see how receptive the invite would be. I'm hoping we can get a lot more on board. I can focus on recruiting from Roll20 if you guys wanna try and recruit from the other sites mentioned.

Edited by Qai

Wow qai, impressive!

I'll be online to sort AV issuesike you ludovic

My son will be spree and grumpy but fine, thank the gods!

Excellant. Start, hoping we can get a solid group :)

-too many edits, have a giggle instead :)

Edited by emperors immortals

Okay, very sorry ive missed the party, Qai ive promotd you to GM, anyone else intersted just post.

My boys doing well but daughter is now in hospital, should be out in the morning. Im on my phone so ill have to post again in a few hours.

Very very sorry guys, but amazingly impressed there are 10 people signed up! im sure we can get a good group out of this!!!

Good luck :)

Good to hear that your boy is doing well. Hope everything is fine with your girl. But you say she's getting out, so that's a good sign.

Thanks for the GM promotion. I'm just doing a bit of house cleaning and organizing. Also, I created separate groups for the different RPGs. Feel free to join them now just to start getting them populated. We'll address them in more detail later on once things for BC get under way. But at least they are there so when you make call outs on different sites / places at least it could be a general call out for all the W40K RPGs.

Hey Tazman3002. We're just holding off for about another few days to a week or so in order to do a bit more recruiting and figure out everyone's availabilities. We want to invite some more people from Roll20 and post on a few different sites.

I thought I'd share this with everyone to up the enthusiasm :)

Here are a couple of REALLY old screenshots of a free RPG app I've been working on for W40K. It's essentially for Character Sheets and a quick reference tool for many of the tables in the books.

I'm still working on implementing the netcode, as this is an area in programming that's still relatively new territory. I have basic server-client interactions possible via Python, and just working on integrating that with WinForms / C# (which is what the app is in).

The app is still heavily a WIP, but it gives you the general idea :)

However, I am contemplating on removing the images and the information from the tables as that might be copyright infringement, even though the app will be free. You would still need all the books as the app doesn't replace the books; it just summarizes some info that is referred to often. If there are any issues I could just limit the app to simply Character Sheets. The idea is that everyone in the group would have simple and ready access to everyone else's info so as to coordinate better. Not to mention the ease of keeping track of one's own info.

http://imageshack.us/a/img831/7443/w40krpg.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img838/2521/wipw40krpg.jpg

Thankyou for the kind thoughts, were heading home and in a few days my home will be torn apart by healthy kids once again :)

Great job on the groupings, and the app teasers look great :)

Just remebered this, it may interest you http://www.40krpgtools.com/

If you drop him a line Im sure youll get a collaborator!

Glad I wont need to learn Pathfinder for a while longer lol

Thanks for the link. Neat stuff. I tried to contact him but his form submission seems to be bugged. I'll keep trying. I definitely like what he's doing!

In other news, I finished mailing everyone on Roll20 that indicated they are looking for W40K games. So far so good. These are the player counts so far:

- DH: 8

- DH 2e: 6

- RT: 5

- DW: 4

- OW: 4

and BC with 14!!! :smile.:

Edited by Qai

Guys, the level of enthusiasm and response to the call out is just epic on Roll20. This changes everything. I've been looking into it and I'll be setting up a dedicated web site in the near future just for this purpose. This is just amazing.

Let me know if you're interested to help out with website-related things and in what ways you can contribute.

Cheers.

Funny you mention that, ive already started mocking up a website and thinking that we should start an actual club.

You know RPG40K.net or some such, it could be a great way to get a game!

Also, terrific work guys, Im aiming to be able to play this week now the chaos has settled down. Im free any night after 10pm, and ill post it all up tomorrow.

And yes, I would very much like to help manage and maintain a website, I can also do a Twitter account for announcements etc.

This is great. This is just awesome. I actually just registered the following domain:

www.w40krpg.com

That about says it all! LOL

I have access to sub-domains and everything. So it's all good to segment stuff around. Looking into setting up dedicated forums as well.

With regards to the twitter account, sounds like a good idea to me :smile.:  See if you can get w40krpg!

EDIT: I almost forgot, send me a PM with the name of your e-mail address you want @w40krpg.com.

EDIT 2: OK, I got access to the site. It only has a background image right now, but things are in the works! www.w40krpg.com !!!

Edited by Qai

lol, fast work :)

I love that image, its great in a large digital format!

Ill just use EmperorsImmortals@w40krpg.com, ill keep this handle for those forums too.

Let me know what you need, im a writer (and chef) by trade, so I can at least help in that regard. Writing, not cooking. Unless we do a big meet up in the future of course ;)