(40k RPG club details)Black Crusade - Any interest? Ill GM.

I created your e-mail account, but give me some time to get familiar with the whole mailing network to see how everything works. The only thing is that it forces it to be all lower case. But you can still advertise it with capitals to facilitate reading, but either way it gets sent to the same place.

Hey guys, yeah play by post will be an option.

Can I ask you guys to help me out with something? I just made a clean install of the forum software. Absolutely nothing is customized, everything is vanilla. I'm not new to web development, but this is my first time doing anything with a forum. Can I get you guys to just create an account? I'd like to test to see that things are connecting properly with the database before making changes to the look of the forums, etc.

At this point, I would prefer it if you do NOT actually try to post anything, for diagnostic reasons, i.e., if there's a problem with the forums + database I would like to be able to narrow it down just from the simple act of you guys registering rather than trying to wade through all sorts of various errors (if any).

The forums are at: forums.w40krpg.com

Please post back with the results of your account creations. Once this part is working, then we'll try out some posting! :smile.:

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: Good work with the twitter account. If I could just ask that you don't advertise specifically the forums portion just yet until we know everything is working :)

Edited by Qai

Thanks a lot! Things are looking good so far. A few more users and then we'll test out posting :)

I also found a decent black them online to use for the time-being. I think it's too dark, so I'll look into brightening it up a bit, but it's better than the default one. I might stick with it and just mod it a bit or use it temporarily until I come across something better.

Thanks for the help!

Awesome, that sounds great, thanks! Right now just wading through the admin's control panel getting familiar with everything. I'll let you know if I need anything. Though, I wouldn't mind eventually having some moderators for the board, if that's something that interests you?

Okay ive registered.

I can help with the play by posts, it would defiantly suit me better.

Id love to help with the moderating duties too, and later ill get back on and update the first post and thread title etc.

Also, the twitter account is EmperorsImmortals@w40Krpg we can use it for updates and official stuff, while using the hashtag #w40Krpg as well.

Im retty excited guys :)

Alrighty, I've promoted you and Ludo to moderator status. But I've locked the forums for now until I flesh things out a bit more (not that I don't trust you - I just can't have bots running around posting nonsense just yet. So far, the forums have recognized 45 bots in 24 hours!). You can still see the forums, though. The lock is just to prevent posting. I'd say we'll be ready to do some test posts in the coming day or two, and get the board fully online sometime next week (minus some cosmetic stuff). Once I open the boards for posting, we have to be prepared to deal with bot spamming if any of them get through the filters. So better to take care of things in general with regards to the board first before opening the gates.

Also, once the forums go live I'll work on making a link to them from the main w40krpg site, so the two won't have to be advertised separately.

Edited by Qai

Sounds good Verythrax, thanks. As with the others, I can promote you to moderator status if you want. Just let me know.

In other news, my artist friend has put together an official banner for the forums / website. Have a look! http://forums.w40krpg.com Epic Gaming for an Epic Universe :wink.:

EDIT: Awesome stuff Omni! Glad to have you on board :)

Edited by Qai

We're doing both, but not mixing Roll20 and by-post. All those that can play on Roll20 will play on Roll20 in their own campaign, while the play-by-post people will be playing their own campaign on the forums.

This will be much easier to do since we now have our own dedicated forums with sections specifically dedicated to play-by-post! :)

Verythrax, I promoted you to moderator.

Can one of you guys get in touch with Jared and Cmdr Shepard about the whole thing? I have way too many things on my plate as it is and about to pass out lol

Also, someone on Roll20 messaged me saying that he has his own TeamSpeak 3 server and can host as many people and channels as we need. I was honestly looking into setting up a TeamSpeak 3 / Mumble server given the limitations / restrictions of Skype and Google Hangouts. Looks like we just got some big help in this regard. I have used TeamSpeak 3 and Mumble before and they are perfect. Honestly, of those 4 pieces of software, TeamSpeak 3 would honestly be the best suited for our purposes. I don't know if you're familiar with TS3. If you aren't, then just Google it, download, and install and we can test it out. I have all the info from the guy's server, so we can test / use it any time.

I've been following this thread for awhile, mostly biting my lip wanting to join the Black Crusade game.  Unfortunately, work has been coming down on me hard these last few weeks so I haven't felt able to commit to anything.

Edited by Jareddm