Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

(40k RPG club details)Black Crusade - Any interest? Ill GM.

Black Crusade Only War Dark Heresy Dark Heresy 2e Rogue Trader Online RPG FFG Deathwatch w40Krpg

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

Verythrax Draconis

Verythrax Draconis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,434 posts

Verythrax, I promoted you to moderator.

Can one of you guys get in touch with Jared and Cmdr Shepard about the whole thing? I have way too many things on my plate as it is and about to pass out lol

Also, someone on Roll20 messaged me saying that he has his own TeamSpeak 3 server and can host as many people and channels as we need. I was honestly looking into setting up a TeamSpeak 3 / Mumble server given the limitations / restrictions of Skype and Google Hangouts. Looks like we just got some big help in this regard. I have used TeamSpeak 3 and Mumble before and they are perfect. Honestly, of those 4 pieces of software, TeamSpeak 3 would honestly be the best suited for our purposes. I don't know if you're familiar with TS3. If you aren't, then just Google it, download, and install and we can test it out. I have all the info from the guy's server, so we can test / use it any time.

I'll try to reach Cmd Shepard tomorrow during my work hours.

Edited by Verythrax Draconis, 15 October 2013 - 02:20 AM.

gogmagog

gogmagog

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 406 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Ive joined under the name dagda!

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,568 posts
  • Faction: Word Bearers, Adeptus Custodes

Totally just got back to looking at this. I registered in aswell under Noctus Cornix, nothing special. :P

• Dosjetka likes this

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,149 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Talons (DIY)

Glad to see you among us, noctus.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Qai

Qai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 61 posts
  • Faction: Praetors of Makedon

Thanks for signing up guys! Awesome! Also, thanks Verythrax for touching base with Cmdr Shepard.

Notwithstanding my previous message about TeamSpeak 3, I came across something called RaidCall, which I think suits our purposes a bit better. It's free, easily accessible, and can support very large groups, many channels and sub-channels. All the other programs pretty much have some kind of restrictions or costs associated with them (Skype, Google Hangouts, TeamSpeak 3, Mumble, Ventrilo, Steam). Have a look at this fairly good review article (http://www.makeuseof...to-one-package/).

I would really appreciate it if you guys could check out this software and let me know what you think. http://www.raidcall.com/v7/index.html

EDIT: Once inside the program, in the search bar look for the group (w40krpg) via its ID: 7275396. If you have trouble creating an account through the client, then try to create it on the website. There were a few hiccups for me trying to get everything working, but things look promising :)

Edited by Qai, 15 October 2013 - 11:40 PM.

Emperors Immortals

Emperors Immortals

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,487 posts
  • Faction: Sable Claws.
Just a quick update, ive contacted a few friends (Cmdr Shepard is one of them) and seen if any would be interested in writing basic articles for the website - long in the future though so dont worry ;)

Id like to set up a play by post game for Black Crusade Ill post the details around the 22nd, just seeing whos interested? It will just be the scenario above, attack imperial palace, etc. Hoping to have it run for a long time :)

Wll good luck and ill try out the software later tonight.

emperorsimmortals.pnggallery2900493031545.pnggallery_29004_9303_1940.png

forte @ Sep 26 2012, 03:55 AM<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally, I'd rather be captured by Night Lords than even fight against Slaanesh Marines. 

Shh, no science. Only grim dark. 

Iron Father Ferrum

Iron Father Ferrum

++ INTERFECTOR PRODITORES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,549 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands, Alpha Legion

I can certainly do PBP for Black Crusade!

Posted Image

+Corruption of Purpose: Heretic Astartes+
+The Blade Unsheathed: Asuryani+

+AO+ Currently seeking a PhotoShopper to make me a Chaos banner for this signature. +OA+

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,568 posts
  • Faction: Word Bearers, Adeptus Custodes

I love PBP RPing.

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,149 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Talons (DIY)

Same here.

Qai: I can't check out the software just yet, but I'll give it a go when I can. Thanks for all of the work you're doing! :)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Emperors Immortals

Emperors Immortals

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,487 posts
  • Faction: Sable Claws.
KK Qai, I got it working, the old administrator plus compatibility thing seemed to work but havent tested wether I can actually hear anythign or not - keen to try whenever someone is online though :)

Good to hear about the PbP guys, ive never actually done it before, so ill try ot learn unless someone want to point me to a tutorial or help me :).

emperorsimmortals.pnggallery2900493031545.pnggallery_29004_9303_1940.png

forte @ Sep 26 2012, 03:55 AM<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally, I'd rather be captured by Night Lords than even fight against Slaanesh Marines. 

Shh, no science. Only grim dark. 

Qai

Qai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 61 posts
  • Faction: Praetors of Makedon

Alright guys, the board is unlocked, so feel free to start up your play-by-post game whenever you want thumbsup.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Black Crusade, Only War, Dark Heresy, Dark Heresy 2e, Rogue Trader, Online, RPG, FFG, Deathwatch, w40Krpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users