(40k RPG club details)Black Crusade - Any interest? Ill GM.

Verythrax, I promoted you to moderator.

Can one of you guys get in touch with Jared and Cmdr Shepard about the whole thing? I have way too many things on my plate as it is and about to pass out lol

Also, someone on Roll20 messaged me saying that he has his own TeamSpeak 3 server and can host as many people and channels as we need. I was honestly looking into setting up a TeamSpeak 3 / Mumble server given the limitations / restrictions of Skype and Google Hangouts. Looks like we just got some big help in this regard. I have used TeamSpeak 3 and Mumble before and they are perfect. Honestly, of those 4 pieces of software, TeamSpeak 3 would honestly be the best suited for our purposes. I don't know if you're familiar with TS3. If you aren't, then just Google it, download, and install and we can test it out. I have all the info from the guy's server, so we can test / use it any time.

I'll try to reach Cmd Shepard tomorrow during my work hours.

Edited by Verythrax Draconis

Thanks for signing up guys! Awesome! Also, thanks Verythrax for touching base with Cmdr Shepard.

Notwithstanding my previous message about TeamSpeak 3, I came across something called RaidCall, which I think suits our purposes a bit better. It's free, easily accessible, and can support very large groups, many channels and sub-channels. All the other programs pretty much have some kind of restrictions or costs associated with them (Skype, Google Hangouts, TeamSpeak 3, Mumble, Ventrilo, Steam). Have a look at this fairly good review article (http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/raidcall-free-hosted-voice-chat-and-gaming-community-wrapped-into-one-package/).

I would really appreciate it if you guys could check out this software and let me know what you think. http://www.raidcall.com/v7/index.html

EDIT: Once inside the program, in the search bar look for the group (w40krpg) via its ID: 7275396. If you have trouble creating an account through the client, then try to create it on the website. There were a few hiccups for me trying to get everything working, but things look promising :)

Edited by Qai

Just a quick update, ive contacted a few friends (Cmdr Shepard is one of them) and seen if any would be interested in writing basic articles for the website - long in the future though so dont worry ;)

Id like to set up a play by post game for Black Crusade Ill post the details around the 22nd, just seeing whos interested? It will just be the scenario above, attack imperial palace, etc. Hoping to have it run for a long time :)

Wll good luck and ill try out the software later tonight.

KK Qai, I got it working, the old administrator plus compatibility thing seemed to work but havent tested wether I can actually hear anythign or not - keen to try whenever someone is online though :)

Good to hear about the PbP guys, ive never actually done it before, so ill try ot learn unless someone want to point me to a tutorial or help me :).